If people pay top dollar for an iPhone just for logo, people definitely will pay top dollar to be unique between all slabs if only it does a great job or even better then iPhone Huawei Samsung oneplus in camera/video, stereo sound.. for social media they need this uniqueness like air now.

You won't care about the price if you get PKB who does the job like Huawei Mate 20 PRO, I guarantee it.
    Then why didn't the PRIV sell like crazy?
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-10-18 07:11 AM
    wow the key2 is an awesome device for the niche market, and there's nothing wrong with that , it's like comparing the 4runner with the Tesla... I would pick the 4runner though lol
    11-10-18 07:40 AM
    Then why didn't the PRIV sell like crazy?
    Because of 2mp front facing camera and ****ty mono speaker
    11-10-18 08:08 AM
    My Key2 works fine.

It plays videos fine on screen and seamlessly casts to TV and to Chromecast. It can play Netflix or other video s on the TV while I am doing other stuff like web surfing.

It takes pictures that people seem to enjoy.

Battery lasts all day.

The keyboard is wonderful.

The speaker is loud enough that I can listen to a radio app with the phone sitting on the bathroom counter while I have a shower with the (fairly loud) exhaust fan running.

Wifi works great.

Bluetooth works great and has no issues connection to multiple devices.

Multiple apps run fine on it with no slowdown.

It never hesitates

I love the Blackberry Hub that keeps all my messages in one place. (Multiple email accounts,
    Text messages, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, What's App, Skype, Reddit, Linkedin, etc.)

Only real downside to me it I would like if it was waterproof, or water-resistant.

I'm happy with it.

..Tom
    SteveNoza and the_boon like this.
    11-10-18 10:06 AM
    wow the key2 is an awesome device for the niche market, and there's nothing wrong with that , it's like comparing the 4runner with the Tesla... I would pick the 4runner though lol
    KEY2 is not a niche device since it is on android, now it is just another android phone with wacky specs and since it has a wacky specs and it is the main reason why no one wants to sell ****ty device in consequences for low sales it can't be called a niche device, it's just wack.
    11-10-18 10:23 AM
    My Key2 works fine.

It plays videos fine on screen and seamlessly casts to TV and to Chromecast. It can play Netflix or other video s on the TV while I am doing other stuff like web surfing.

Battery lasts all day.

The speaker is loud enough that I can listen to a radio app with the phone sitting on the bathroom counter while I have a shower with the (fairly loud) exhaust fan running.

Wifi works great.

It never hesitates

I love the Blackberry Hub that keeps all my messages in one place. (Multiple email accounts,
    Text messages, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, What's App, Skype, Reddit, Linkedin, etc.)

Only real downside to me it I would like if it was waterproof, or water-resistant.

I'm happy with it.

..Tom
    It's on android duhh.. It must work like this
    11-10-18 10:26 AM
    A smartphone with a great PKB, that is wack!...………...Thanks TCL!
    the_boon and ppeters914 like this.
    11-10-18 10:33 AM
    KEY2 is not a niche device since it is on android,
    Please review definition of niche.

"A niche market is the subset of the market on which a specific product is focused. The market niche defines the product features aimed at satisfying specific market needs, as well as the price range, production quality and the demographics that it is intended to target. It is also a small market segment.

The niche market is highly specialized, and aiming to survive among the competition from numerous super companies."

Physical keyboard and security is the niche (subset of the Android device market).
    11-10-18 10:33 AM
    Sounds like you really have nothing to say apart from trying to slam a product that works well for it's intended market.

..Tom
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-10-18 11:42 AM
    My Key2 works fine.

Battery lasts all day.

Wifi works great.

It never hesitates

I'm happy with it.

..Tom
    V-Tom -- I applaud your satisfaction. And, when I read reviews from people who have bought the phone on Amazon or Best Buy, the reviews are quite strong. I do not know what sales are, or what would improve them, but I think the phone is very satisfying to use. For me, the keyboard just makes it a different instrument from the rest.
    11-10-18 01:14 PM
    V-Tom -- I applaud your satisfaction. And, when I read reviews from people who have bought the phone on Amazon or Best Buy, the reviews are quite strong. I do not know what sales are, or what would improve them, but I think the phone is very satisfying to use. For me, the keyboard just makes it a different instrument from the rest.
    Wait for him to reply by saying "wacky KEY2 etc..."

This guy is a troll, plain and simple
    bh7171 and V-Tom like this.
    11-10-18 01:32 PM
    This guy is a troll, plain and simple
    Yes he is without a doubt... Why people here continue to give him attention is something I can't understand. Stop responding to his senseless posts and he will go away. Why give him anymore attention? Nothing anyone has said or might say in the future will make any difference to him as he continues to respond with meaningless nonsense.

Bob
    11-10-18 02:31 PM
    Please review definition of niche.

"A niche market is the subset of the market on which a specific product is focused. The market niche defines the product features aimed at satisfying specific market needs, as well as the price range, production quality and the demographics that it is intended to target. It is also a small market segment.

The niche market is highly specialized, and aiming to survive among the competition from numerous super companies."

Physical keyboard and security is the niche (subset of the Android device market).
    Physical buttons on devices are for decades, since then buttons become a niche? Since iPhone came? If everyone is making slabs now it doesn't mean PKB is a niche.

Security, really? It sounds like no one except BB makes a secure phones. iPhone every year feels more secure then any other device since android just left as alternative and we all know about android "security".
    If KEY2 was with BB10 a could call it a legit argument but not now.

In other words, if you are making just one more android device just by putting PKB on it, it doesn't allow you to put crappy hardware on it and "call it niche", don't you think?
    11-14-18 09:10 AM
    Best they can do with a low volume niche device at $649.

At least they have the LE at $399/449.
    True. The low volume of sales makes R&D investment difficult. I still think that there must be a viable market for a PKB phone, especially as there is only one in the world and which by definition is "whacky" these days.

I also think that because of the profile of the buyers in this very niche market they could sell a more expensive device which is better specced. Between Iphone and where they are now. I reckon we'll see a key3 in this area. Just a hunch!!
    11-14-18 09:29 AM
    My Key2 works fine.

Battery lasts all day.

Wifi works great.

It never hesitates

I'm happy with it.

..Tom

Sounds like you really have nothing to say apart from trying to slam a product that works well for it's intended market.

..Tom
    Well, I just say the same as you just in one sentence, quick respond, I was busy at that time, sorry..

Here's my answer:
    KEY2 runs on android, so it must work with chromecast, TVs, have all app like any other android phone, do you agree on this?

WiFi, Bluetooth? Sorry never have any problems with that with any other android, iOS or even BB10 phone I have used, so it is like making a point for a point to have something to say, but nothing really, no offence.

All day battery - is not an issue in todays phones, even with iPhones. I member having problems only with Z10 and iPhone 6s, but it was many years ago, so no need to beat a dead horse.

Blackberry HUB - since you can officially download and use it on any android phone, it's not a really something special about KEY2, you can use it even on pocophone F1 for 299 bucks, so no legit argument as well.

I'm sure you won't get any slowdowns on any phone today for 650 bucks, no legit again.

Now about the pictures. Do people really enjoy them? Be honest, doesn't one of the first threads was about camera? and it does suck, be honest, it does a way bellow the standards that half priced phones does today, like the same pocophone, oneplus, honor and I don't want to start about the same pricing Samsung, Huawei and etc.

Well, now about the speaker. Yes speaker not speakers. I feel you, I used to do the same and listen to the music while showering, in the kitchen and honestly everywhere.. and I'm talking not about KEY2 or even KEYone, it was with my Passport SE! Loved making conference calls because it had best stereo sound crisp experience I ever heard, have you had one of it or at least Z30? I bet you didn't, if you did you won't be satisfied what they put today by knowing what they put 4-5 years ago.

Keyboard. Aww almighty keyboard, which it looks like is the main reason why BBM/TCL allow them selves to put crappy camera and speakers.. Doesn't it also was the one of the first threads about wombling dombling spacebar?
    Don't get me wrong, keyboard is the only reason why I'm still into BB and by saying I mean ONLY ONE reason because it doesn't offer anything special besides PKB or to switch to another brand.

What I mean, Every other android phone specially for the same price tag as KEY2 does exactly the same and better job what you written, they just don't have PKB.

Is it legit to justify BBM/TCL and you will do this so blindly for the hardware and price tag they are putting just because of PKB? I WON'T, sorry.
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 11-14-18 at 10:43 AM.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    11-14-18 09:57 AM
    Physical buttons on devices are for decades, since then buttons become a niche?
    The past and the future are irrelevant. Today, in 2018, BBMo caters to a niche pkb market - which is a small subset of the Android device space.
    11-14-18 10:40 AM
    The past and the future are irrelevant. Today, in 2018, BBMo caters to a niche pkb market - which is a small subset of the Android device space.
    Oh, I think I just decrypt and understand your "niche" meaning, "niche" means - S.H.I.T. right? Maybe it's to harsh to call it a **** device marker, I more prefer wacky device market.

Yes, S.H.I.T. market is really small, because everyone wants to have best experience with their phones with optimal money spend, not vise versa..
    Maybe that's why like pocophone or oneplus becoming more popular then BBM, because they offer more for less money, not less for more money?

+ I'm not in shock KEY2 or product RED phone won't have much sales, because wacky device market is not popular since there are so much great choices for a lot less money, at least today.
    11-14-18 10:54 AM
    Oh, I think I just decrypt and understand your "niche" meaning, "niche" means - S.H.I.T. right? Maybe it's to harsh to call it a **** device marker, I more prefer wacky device market.

Yes, S.H.I.T. market is really small, because everyone wants to have best experience with their phones with optimal money spend, not vise versa..
    Maybe that's why like pocophone or oneplus becoming more popular then BBM, because they offer more for less money, not less for more money?

+ I'm not in shock KEY2 or product RED phone won't have much sales, because wacky device market is not popular since there are so much great choices for much less money, at least today.
    Why the hate? If you don't need a pkb, then that's fine - you have lots of choices. Enjoy.

The rest of us here can enjoy our device too.
    Last edited by conite; 11-14-18 at 11:54 AM.
    11-14-18 11:00 AM
    Why the hate? If you don't need a pkb, then that's fine - you have lots of choices. Enjoy.

The rest of us here are can enjoy our device too.
    Since then the truth is hate? I hope to be heard, as I can't stand those so called "true BlackBerry fans" who are actually trolls by justifying and encouraging BBM to make wacky devices.

I need PKB, if Huawei made PKB even with collaboration with Porche Design, I would be sold in a second since BBM doesn't give a F about a REAL DEVICE MARKET needs.

Cmon trolls enjoy, justify and make fun of the BB brand by encouraging to make another wacky phone for couple of thousands of you and lie what BBM does today is not a embarrassment #keyboardnotenough
    11-14-18 11:14 AM
    I think the Key2 is just a number of improvements way from a successful handset

1. IP rating: TCL needs to somehow protect this phone from at least drizzle or splash damage. In today's market this is a must have

2. Camera: Please just squeeze in a pixel 2 grade camera in the key 3. it will be a few years old by then so the cost shouldn't be high for TCL to implement this.

3. Processor: I can understand the 660, but still the 835 is just fine battery wise. Not to mention it's graphical and processing power is much better than the 660. Again it won't be that expensive to implement a 835 in key3

4. Get rid of the navigation bar! software based navigation please!
    1. It would be nice, so.ling as it didn't add weight or significant cost.

2. The hardware isn't the problem. The BlackBerry Mobile sensors are fine. The issue is software for image processing, which will likely be a bigger investment, adding costs. Personally, I'm still fine with the camera in my 6 year-old Z10, so I don't see the value.

3. Meh. I can't think of any tangible benefits for apps I would run on a 3:2 screen.

4. Here I strongly disagree. Software nav is too slow and requires extra taps or gestures to activate. The best solution would be to eliminate button nav on Android altogether, but I'm not holding my breath. If Android requires buttons, they should be hardware. The extra screen real estate saved by software buttons is meaningless for writing and reading.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-14-18 11:22 AM
    Since then the truth is hate? I hope to be heard, as I can't stand those so called "true BlackBerry fans" who are actually trolls by justifying and encouraging BBM to make wacky devices.

I need PKB, if Huawei made PKB even with collaboration with Porche Design, I would be sold in a second since BBM doesn't give a F about a REAL DEVICE MARKET needs.

Cmon trolls enjoy, justify and make fun of the BB brand by encouraging to make another wacky phone for couple of thousands of you and lie what BBM does today is not a embarrassment #keyboardnotenough
    You spend more time complaining about TCL's "wacky" offerings than about the fact that all the other OEM's abandoned the PKB long ago

If you hate the brand so much, why lurk around here ?

Just buy an S8/S8+/Note8 and a keyboard cover case and you'll be happy
    V-Tom likes this.
    11-14-18 11:44 AM

I'm sorry you're not happy with the specs on BlackBerry Mobile's offerings. But I don't know why you think they would be more successful selling the phone you want at an even higher price? I am pretty sure the product managers at BlackBerry Mobile, who have better information and are much more personally invested than any of us in the brand's success, are in a much better position to design the phone's than a few amateurs on an Internet forum with no information except our personal preferences!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-14-18 12:45 PM

I think you are a Nokia employee.
    11-14-18 01:08 PM
    [

All day battery - is not an issue in todays phones, even with iPhones.
    All day battery on an iPhone? Everyone I know that has an iPhone, even the latest one, can't go all day without charging it during the day.

Bob
    11-14-18 01:37 PM
    All day battery on an iPhone? Everyone I know that has an iPhone, even the latest one, can't go all day without charging it during the day.

Bob
    Actually, to the iPhone's defense, the latest XR which I just got for my wife has very impressive battery life. Her previous 8 Plus was good too (not as good as XR).

Aside from that, yeah the battery life sucks. Every time Apple does some magic with their chipset and software efficiency, they ruin it by compensating negatively via a smaller battery.
    11-14-18 01:49 PM
145 1234 ...