I apologize for asking a question that seems to be addressed already, but in all my research I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer, lots of bickering back and forth . . Does anyone "authoritative" know if there *is* a definitive answer?
    Every time I look at a key2 (100-2) there are lots of footnoted warnings that say it will not work on Verizon, but I also see where people say it works fine . . ? 🤔
    05-16-19 08:16 AM
    I just bought and activated a Key2 Black on Verizon with no issues including visual voicemail, VoLTE and hotspot working.

I should add that I did have a CDMA less feature added to my account to use a Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 as well as a KEY2LE. So I do believe this is necessary to use a Key2 on Verizon, and as others have said.. theoretically it could go to no service at any time..but it's been worth it.
    revtech likes this.
    05-16-19 08:49 AM
    I own multiple iOS and Android devices that I alternate on my Verizon account. Once the CDMA less code was added with a new SIM provisioned, I was able and still am able to hot-swap my SIM between CDMA capable devices and Non-CDMA devices. It seems the code/new SIM is the gateway to use multiple devices on Verizon at the moment.

I also had some initial activation issues where the service wasn't turning over. I downloaded and installed Quick Shortcut Maker using the ARDA command and unchecked the "skip VZW self activation" under IMS settings..this seemed to push things through..could be placebo but it worked and registered. After a device reboot it is checked back on and I haven't messed with it and all is still good.
    revtech likes this.
    05-16-19 08:50 AM
    I think it works fine at this point - once you get it correctly activated. It's just not officially supported so some worry that could change, but I doubt that would happen at this point.

It is a CDMA-less device so only works on LTE coverage, but most have had no issues with coverage.

As I understand it Wi-Fi Calling doesn't work... may or may not be an issue for you.
    revtech likes this.
    05-16-19 08:53 AM
    Excellent, thank you all, very clear and direct answers and help . . Glad to hear it's working, I assume getting the "cdma-less" setting perhaps requires a call to customer service?
    And btw, I assume you all like the device itself (I'm an old 9930 lover)?
    05-16-19 09:09 AM
    Excellent, thank you all, very clear and direct answers and help . . Glad to hear it's working, I assume getting the "cdma-less" setting perhaps requires a call to customer service?
    And btw, I assume you all like the device itself (I'm an old 9930 lover)?
    Yup, I would call customer service. They may direct you I to a store for a new SIM card. They also will likely require a CDMA less decide to be activated at that time. So I would have an IMEI ready.

I can confirm that WiFi calling does not work as previously stated. But my experience with unlocked devices (even those white listed) on Verizon has shown me that I don't receive that feature. It seems to be a carrier branded device firmware feature.

I love my Key2 as well as my KEY2LE. I am appreciating the larger keyboard on the Key2. It does make me feel at times a throwback to my 9900/9700 days with the Bolds I owned. Another thing I enjoy with the Key2 over the KEY2LE is that the Key2 has a smaller amount of weight to it. Feels more quality in-hand.
    revtech likes this.
    05-16-19 09:15 AM
    And the only difference between all black and the black & silver model is appearance, correct?
    05-16-19 09:28 AM
    I apologize for asking a question that seems to be addressed already, but in all my research I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer, lots of bickering back and forth . . Does anyone "authoritative" know if there *is* a definitive answer?
    Every time I look at a key2 (100-2) there are lots of footnoted warnings that say it will not work on Verizon, but I also see where people say it works fine . . ? 🤔
    Verizon doesn't officially support the Key2. So there's a chance they will alter thier network to only work with supported devices. So you stand the chance of not being about to use the Key2 on Verizon's network marketing in the future
    05-16-19 10:21 AM
    Verizon doesn't officially support the Key2. So there's a chance they will alter thier network to only work with supported devices. So you stand the chance of not being about to use the Key2 on Verizon's network marketing in the future
    Yes, I made that clear in my above posts already.
    05-16-19 10:39 AM
    And the only difference between all black and the black & silver model is appearance, correct?
    Yup
    05-16-19 10:39 AM