Folks, have been using many BB in the past (Q10, Classic, Passport, Passport SE) before getting the KeyOne Black Edition last year. The transition to Android was a mixed bag in many respects, some plusses but also some minuses compared to BB10, but regretfully the latter's days are counted. Anyway, I had to get accustomed to the KeyOne BE, which took quite some time, but I never really warmed up to the phone mainly because I find it ugly and not up to the standards set by the Passport SE. Not to mention issues I had concerning the keyboard (which had to be replaced after malfunctioning). On the plus side, the camera was a big step forward compared to the Passport.
    When the Key2 became more reasonably priced in the Fall of this year, I jumped on it mainly because of its look and design, which are optically reminiscent of the beloved Passport SE. I very much like its design and the phone made quite a different, positive effect on me compared to the KeyOne BE. I prefer silver over black but had been forced to buy the BE given the 4 GB RAM, which is the minimum for fluidity.
    Since the update to Android P I had, however, been experiencing some memory lag with the BE with a few resource-hungry apps. That had been the final point to consider the Key2.
    Now that I have used the Key2 for a month or so, there are plusses and minuses again. In terms of looks and design, it is a keeper. A quick comparison with the KeyOne, based on my experiences:
    - Key2 keyboard much improved (bigger keys, matte instead of ugly gloss), softer click more reminiscent of the Passport SE. In short: I like it. Big spoiler, however, is the fact that the right-shift key has gone and the speed key cannot be remapped, believe it or not. The sensor on the space bar is also less accurate on the Key2 (often have to try several times before it works), and the space bar is looser compared to the KeyOne but not a deal-braker.
    - Screen: both phones are said to have identical screens but there is quite a difference side-by-side: the KeyOne has the brighter, whiter screen compared to the dimmer Key2. Both at exactly the same settings. Very odd. KeyOne wins.
    - Speed: 4 GB internal memory on the BE compared to 6 GB on the Key2 should make a difference, coupled with a slightly speedier processor. In real life, however, not that much noticeable unless with several resource-hungry apps open.
    - Camera: the big bummer on the Key2. I am a keen amateur photographer and of course do not wish to compare a mobile phone to a regular camera system, but these days one should be able to expect decent enough shots under most, if not all, circumstances. I can tell the difference between the KeyOne and the Key2, and it is not in favor of the latter. I have been forced to abandon my regular photo gear on bicycle trips (given size and weight) lately, so would like to have a more or less decent snapper in my pocket instead. The Key2 is disappointing in this respect and the main reason I am considering to switch back to the KeyOne BE.

So, if it wasn't for the camera performance, I would certainly stick to the Key2. Alas I cannot make up my mind under the current circumstances.

- to complicate matters even further, my employer is now forcing me to use the MobileIron sandbox software solution to read my business email. That solution does not work well on Android, compared to iOS on my iPad. My IT service is not able to have it run on the Key2 in a reliable way (see separate earlier posting on that one). To the point that, for the first time, I am considering to move on to an iPhone... Prices for modern iPhones are, however, ridiculous. That said, the iPhone 6s is now offered by old new stock for very low prices (400 euro for the 128 GB version). This is affordable.

Big question: how would the camera of the iPhone 6s (not Plus) compare to the Key2/ KeyOne? Does anyone have experience with these?

Any thoughts on all of this would be welcomed. TIA.
    12-28-18 03:40 PM
    Folks, have been using many BB in the past (Q10, Classic, Passport, Passport SE) before getting the KeyOne Black Edition last year. The transition to Android was a mixed bag in many respects, some plusses but also some minuses compared to BB10, but regretfully the latter's days are counted. Anyway, I had to get accustomed to the KeyOne BE, which took quite some time, but I never really warmed up to the phone mainly because I find it ugly and not up to the standards set by the Passport SE. Not to mention issues I had concerning the keyboard (which had to be replaced after malfunctioning). On the plus side, the camera was a big step forward compared to the Passport.
    When the Key2 became more reasonably priced in the Fall of this year, I jumped on it mainly because of its look and design, which are optically reminiscent of the beloved Passport SE. I very much like its design and the phone made quite a different, positive effect on me compared to the KeyOne BE. I prefer silver over black but had been forced to buy the BE given the 4 GB RAM, which is the minimum for fluidity.
    Since the update to Android P I had, however, been experiencing some memory lag with the BE with a few resource-hungry apps. That had been the final point to consider the Key2.
    Now that I have used the Key2 for a month or so, there are plusses and minuses again. In terms of looks and design, it is a keeper. A quick comparison with the KeyOne, based on my experiences:
    - Key2 keyboard much improved (bigger keys, matte instead of ugly gloss), softer click more reminiscent of the Passport SE. In short: I like it. Big spoiler, however, is the fact that the right-shift key has gone and the speed key cannot be remapped, believe it or not. The sensor on the space bar is also less accurate on the Key2 (often have to try several times before it works), and the space bar is looser compared to the KeyOne but not a deal-braker.
    - Screen: both phones are said to have identical screens but there is quite a difference side-by-side: the KeyOne has the brighter, whiter screen compared to the dimmer Key2. Both at exactly the same settings. Very odd. KeyOne wins.
    - Speed: 4 GB internal memory on the BE compared to 6 GB on the Key2 should make a difference, coupled with a slightly speedier processor. In real life, however, not that much noticeable unless with several resource-hungry apps open.
    - Camera: the big bummer on the Key2. I am a keen amateur photographer and of course do not wish to compare a mobile phone to a regular camera system, but these days one should be able to expect decent enough shots under most, if not all, circumstances. I can tell the difference between the KeyOne and the Key2, and it is not in favor of the latter. I have been forced to abandon my regular photo gear on bicycle trips (given size and weight) lately, so would like to have a more or less decent snapper in my pocket instead. The Key2 is disappointing in this respect and the main reason I am considering to switch back to the KeyOne BE.

So, if it wasn't for the camera performance, I would certainly stick to the Key2. Alas I cannot make up my mind under the current circumstances.

- to complicate matters even further, my employer is now forcing me to use the MobileIron sandbox software solution to read my business email. That solution does not work well on Android, compared to iOS on my iPad. My IT service is not able to have it run on the Key2 in a reliable way (see separate earlier posting on that one). To the point that, for the first time, I am considering to move on to an iPhone... Prices for modern iPhones are, however, ridiculous. That said, the iPhone 6s is now offered by old new stock for very low prices (400 euro for the 128 GB version). This is affordable.

Big question: how would the camera of the iPhone 6s (not Plus) compare to the Key2/ KeyOne? Does anyone have experience with these?

Any thoughts on all of this would be welcomed. TIA.
    I have a KEYone 3/32 and iPhone XR that I dual carry. For my largest independent contract, I’m almost like an employee. Their email system is Lotus Notes based until sometime in 2019 so I access via web browser and no access to attachments.

That being said, I also pay for company laptop, monthly. You mention employer requirement, but do not mention if they offer corporate solution that could be cheaper or better alternative.
    12-28-18 04:07 PM
    I have a KEYone 3/32 and iPhone XR that I dual carry. For my largest independent contract, I’m almost like an employee. Their email system is Lotus Notes based until sometime in 2019 so I access via web browser and no access to attachments.

That being said, I also pay for company laptop, monthly. You mention employer requirement, but do not mention if they offer corporate solution that could be cheaper or better alternative.
    Regrettably not, only BYOD policy. Dual carrying could be an alternative but that is not a solution I particularly am after given previous experiences. The IT department informed me that MobileIron works best on iOS (most integrated including with regular mail app), less so on Android devices (standalone app solution). On mainstream Android devices the software would run more or less ok (Samsung etc) but they admit that on some Android hardware things are a lot quirkier. They had never so far installed it on an Android BB.
    12-28-18 04:13 PM
    iOS definitely smoother and better support for many apps due to economic value of iOS demographics. My solution is the one I’d suggest to you. I use my iPad for company email. I wish I had MobileIron over LotusNotes. I wouldn’t buy iPhone unless you sell KEYone BE or Key2 to offer cost. If not for my other business, I wouldn’t have spent money on the iPhone XR since iPad does the same with larger screen. I only have the XR for WFC and VoLTE plus the second phone number.
    12-28-18 04:35 PM
    any notable camera differences?
    12-28-18 05:17 PM