The KeyOne Black Edition came out a few months after the original KeyOne and wasn't supported longer despite the hardware differences (RAM, integrated memory), so my guess is that it'll be the same with the Key2 LE.
    01-12-20 04:41 AM
    The KeyOne Black Edition came out a few months after the original KeyOne and wasn't supported longer despite the hardware differences (RAM, integrated memory), so my guess is that it'll be the same with the Key2 LE.
    Besides, all LE's are equal as far as specs go aside from the difference in storage between some
    01-15-20 07:06 AM
    It's an industry-wide norm that variants of a given model have their support tied to the release date of the launch of that model, and not the launch date of the variant. That's true of every Android manufacturer (Apple really doesn't release submodels), and it applies to things outside the smartphone world as well.
    01-15-20 09:09 PM
    It's an industry-wide norm that variants of a given model have their support tied to the release date of the launch of that model, and not the launch date of the variant. That's true of every Android manufacturer (Apple really doesn't release submodels), and it applies to things outside the smartphone world as well.
    So do you mean that both Key2 and Key LE will not be supported with update after this June?
    01-15-20 11:01 PM
    So do you mean that both Key2 and Key LE will not be supported with update after this June?
    No. They are two separate and distinct products.

Whereas lots of other products are like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - having multiple memory and storage variants. They would all be considered the same.

Bottom line: BlackBerry Mobile produced 4 unique devices - KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Motion, KEY², and KEY² LE.
    01-15-20 11:09 PM
    No. They are two separate and distinct products.

Whereas lots of other products are like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - having multiple memory and storage variants. They would all be considered the same.

Bottom line: BlackBerry Mobile produced 4 unique devices - KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Motion, KEY², and KEY² LE.
    How many more months does the LE have for security update?
    01-15-20 11:14 PM
    How many more months does the LE have for security update?
    Google's last update for Oreo will be Aug, Sep, or Oct. The KEY² LE's 24-month cycle will bring its last committed patch in Sep.

So, whichever comes first.

I expect the KEY² to get its last patch in May.
    chain13 and skilas like this.
    01-15-20 11:16 PM
    And while I agree with conite overall, several different people who have spoken at length with TCL insiders have mentioned that TCL is planning to end support in July, which, if true, would mean the LE losing support a couple of months early.
    01-16-20 02:38 AM
    And while I agree with conite overall, several different people who have spoken at length with TCL insiders have mentioned that TCL is planning to end support in July, which, if true, would mean the LE losing support a couple of months early.
    I don't think the LE will not get its full 24 months, they can't be THAT bad lol
    01-16-20 07:47 AM
    With EOL around 6 months away, this time next year the CrackBerry site and forums will be very quiet and by 2021 most people will have moved on.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-20-20 10:00 AM
    I don't think the LE will not get its full 24 months, they can't be THAT bad lol
    Why not... I don't think anything really states the LE would get 24 months, that was more implied based on the Android Secure program and past devices... but then the orginal "plans" included one feature update, and it's clear they didn't stick to that.

My guess is as long as they have hardware to sell they'll push out some updates. Once hardware starts to vanish... so might the updates.
    01-20-20 10:08 AM
    For the average consumer, the vulnerabilities that Android patches are much less likely to be exploited than the vulnerabilities inherent in usees' own careless behaviors, such as password reuse and indiscriminately installing apps from the Google Play store.

Obviously, patched systems are safer than unpatched ones, but if you have 100+ apps on your phone, as most people do, it's likely that at least one of them is a ticking bomb, either due to malicious or accidental coding vulnerabilities.

Given a choice between a Marshmallow device with a handful of currently patched apps from major, well-known software companies and a currently patched Pie device with 300 random apps, I'd expect the Marshmallow device to be 1000-10000 times less likely to be hacked.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-20-20 10:25 AM
    Please , how and were to upgrade my security patch for my BBB 100-5 Key one and BBE 100-4 Key 2LE?
    02-24-20 04:33 AM
38 12