Funny. When I decided to buy an Android phone. It wasn't even a close choice. The KEYone met my needs batter than any other phone on the market. I know a billion people disagree with me, but if one in a thousand people agree with me, BlackBerry Mobile has a business.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    But you still posting this from Z10? Respect though
    12-12-18 12:22 AM
    TCL announced a major restructuring this weekend . Pivot away from consumer goods.

Does anyone here read mandarin??
    Only ate a few this week, sorry..

What anxiety you're trying to accomplish with this pivoting?
    12-12-18 12:26 AM
    https://technode.com/2018/12/11/tcl-pivot-to-panel/

What does this mean for their phone divisions? If anything.
    12-12-18 12:37 AM
    But you still posting this from Z10? Respect though
    Yes. I wanted an Android phone for those occasions where I need an app. I've stopped using Android apps on BB10 for both performance and security reasons.

Android can do lots of stuff much better than BB10, but I find BB10 to be superior for my Hub-oriented work. I use the KEYone for certain tasks, like streaming-only services, ride-hailing, etc., but I still use BB10 for email and other messaging.

cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-12-18 06:25 AM
    Saw a Key2 in the wild today. Talked with the guy. His family owns several BlackBerries. He had a big case which , in my view, made the device too heavy in my hands. If I were to own a BB it would be an LE with the slimmest case I could find. His only complaint seemed to be -too many OS updates.
    12-12-18 09:17 PM
    Saw a Key2 in the wild today....His only complaint seemed to be -too many OS updates.
    LOL. That's classic. Some posters here rail against any delays in updates, but it's clearly not an issue for many consumers.

12-13-18 08:49 AM
    LOL. That's classic. Some posters here rail against any delays in updates, but it's clearly not an issue for many consumers.

Yep, most consumers don't know/care about updates. Heck, they're not even aware on what version of Android they have.
    12-13-18 08:55 AM
    I beat my thoughts between K2, iPhone 8 plus and Huawei Mate 20. I am attracted to a physical keyboard, compact size and nice design but recently quite often I happen to watch on the Netflix and YT phones. On the K2 I use the dual sim version which is very helpful.
    Do you sometimes watch movies on your phone, is it convenient for you?
    12-14-18 12:22 AM
    We stream to TV or on rare occasions watch on a MacBook Air. Perhaps on a phone on an airplane.

I would get a LE but since I retired, I do not type a heck of a lot these days.
    12-14-18 06:22 PM
    I beat my thoughts between K2, iPhone 8 plus and Huawei Mate 20. I am attracted to a physical keyboard, compact size and nice design but recently quite often I happen to watch on the Netflix and YT phones. On the K2 I use the dual sim version which is very helpful.
    Do you sometimes watch movies on your phone, is it convenient for you?
    I watch a lot of YouTube on my Mate 20 Pro, and a bit of Netflix when Traveling on it, at home I watch Netflix in bed on my Apple iPad or in the TV room using my PS4.

Depends on what you want really.

If you want the best Camera, Multimedia&Productivity combo, Battery Life and Fast UI, get the Mate 20, and add the BlackBerry Apps to it.

If you feel the PKB is much more of a priority then get the KEY2.
    12-16-18 05:32 PM
    Where did you get BB10 ringtones?? I miss a lot of the ringtones from BB10 like SMS or Email and etc.

KEY* are missing a lot of ringtones &sounds from legacy devices!

+ congrats, I'm considering to make a switch to P20 or Mate20 PRO too and make it HuaBerry lol, Huawei is the best camera, performance and price value you can get for a Android device 🍻
    You can also get it from an app called "Zedge". They have a lot of ringtones and Notification sounds. Look for "Bb" and you should get a list - the only caveat is that when searching for "Bb" you'll also get a lot of Star Wars "BB-8" included.
    12-18-18 08:29 AM
    So, I'm using the BB Key2 and have not had anywhere near the number of problems I see others have had. I certainly won't say that the camera is top of the line, but don't tell me that Apple actually does anything serious with theirs. Looking at pictures from both the Key2 and an iPhoneX on a desktop I cannot say the pictures from Apple impress me at all - grainy, low quality right out of the box. Key2 doesn't do well in low-light, but at least the pictures looks fine (adequate) under most conditions. I would say that if BBMobile continues to work towards iterative improvements on the Key, I am satisfied. I've had no lag, no connectivity issues, the sound quality is good for phone calls. If they improve one thing, it has to be the screen - it needs to be brighter for working in sunlight, and in my opinion needs to still be larger. The keyboard is a blessing. I like not having to reach onto the back or the sides to find a way to unlock the phone. Has Blackberry achieved parity to BB10? No. I still think that there's many ways that BB10 worked far better. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. With what's out there now, I would say that Blackberry has done well to mimic BB10 for the most part, but I think the issues have more to do with Android itself. For me, it's the go-to phone. I like it far better than the iPhoneX. I've looked at Samsung and others but something just leaves me cold about them. My wife has a Note8 and it's a nice device - would love to have both the pkb and the stylus (I'll keep dreaming). I would still keep my Key2 over the Note8. I'll hope that 2019 brings some quantitative improvements for the Key3.
    GoGoGoose and cyberdoggie like this.
    12-18-18 08:47 AM
    So, I'm using the BB Key2 and have not had anywhere near the number of problems I see others have had. I certainly won't say that the camera is top of the line, but don't tell me that Apple actually does anything serious with theirs. Looking at pictures from both the Key2 and an iPhoneX on a desktop I cannot say the pictures from Apple impress me at all - grainy, low quality right out of the box. Key2 doesn't do well in low-light, but at least the pictures looks fine (adequate) under most conditions. I would say that if BBMobile continues to work towards iterative improvements on the Key, I am satisfied. I've had no lag, no connectivity issues, the sound quality is good for phone calls. If they improve one thing, it has to be the screen - it needs to be brighter for working in sunlight, and in my opinion needs to still be larger. The keyboard is a blessing. I like not having to reach onto the back or the sides to find a way to unlock the phone. Has Blackberry achieved parity to BB10? No. I still think that there's many ways that BB10 worked far better. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. With what's out there now, I would say that Blackberry has done well to mimic BB10 for the most part, but I think the issues have more to do with Android itself. For me, it's the go-to phone. I like it far better than the iPhoneX. I've looked at Samsung and others but something just leaves me cold about them. My wife has a Note8 and it's a nice device - would love to have both the pkb and the stylus (I'll keep dreaming). I would still keep my Key2 over the Note8. I'll hope that 2019 brings some quantitative improvements for the Key3.
    Just hope that 2019 bring a Key3, and be satisfied if that happens.
    tazcubed likes this.
    12-18-18 09:59 PM
    I use my canon dslr for picture. I use my BlackBerry key2 for phone. I dun even have games downloaded. if I want a phone that can take great photos I won't get BlackBerry. I'll go for Huawei matt series or Google pixel 3.
    Know what you what. To start with BlackBerry isn't for everyone. funny that people knows what BlackBerry can do n it's limitation n yet still get a BlackBerry n grumble about it.

We're a special group. lolx.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-19-18 02:40 AM
    Pretty much
    12-19-18 09:18 AM
    Personally, I'll only be satisfied if it doesn't have to be a second phone. To have to dual carry for the sake of a keyboard is ludicrous.
    12-19-18 02:27 PM
    Personally, I'll only be satisfied if it doesn't have to be a second phone. To have to dual carry for the sake of a keyboard is ludicrous.
    Beggars can’t be choosy. Unless carriers support Key3, the device, if produced, may be limited regarding Enhanced Calling Features and therefore be dual carry or no carry for many.
    ScoopTheBowler likes this.
    12-19-18 04:33 PM
    I dual carry a KEYone, but NOT for the PKB. LOL. I just need an Android phone with an alternative to Android navigation. I'm in it for the hardware shortcuts.

My favorite phone is a slab (Z10). Android is a necessary evil, and the KEYone was the least inconvenient.

jmorgan456 likes this.
    12-19-18 05:12 PM
    Beggars can’t be choosy. Unless carriers support Key3, the device, if produced, may be limited regarding Enhanced Calling Features and therefore be dual carry or no carry for many.
    Highly doubtful. The vast majority of customers have no idea whether their phone is accessing voice over LTE or not, or even know what WiFi calling is.

The point is, if you need to dual carry - the only logical conclusion is that either one phone you are carrying is deficient in some manner, or worse - both phones are.
    12-19-18 06:14 PM
    I use my canon dslr for picture. I use my BlackBerry key2 for phone. I dun even have games downloaded. if I want a phone that can take great photos I won't get BlackBerry. I'll go for Huawei matt series or Google pixel 3.
    Know what you what. To start with BlackBerry isn't for everyone. funny that people knows what BlackBerry can do n it's limitation n yet still get a BlackBerry n grumble about it.

We're a special group. lolx.
    Exactly! These phones aren't feature killers. There are plenty of awesome brands that do that. If you want...just get one of them!
    12-19-18 08:15 PM
    What does it need to catch up on specifically ?
    Well. One major productivity issue concerns the inability to delete headers by selecting and deleting in forwarding emails... Impossible to do using the Hub. Incredible that something this basic cannot be done.
    12-24-18 01:54 AM
    Well. One major productivity issue concerns the inability to delete headers by selecting and deleting in forwarding emails... Impossible to do using the Hub. Incredible that something this basic cannot be done.
    That depends on whether you use the hubs in line facility or the plain text forwarding. If using plain text forwarding you can delete the headers from the forwarded message if you are using inline then you can't
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 06-19-19 at 12:52 AM.
    06-10-19 03:27 AM
147 ... 456