The "flagship" is the top ship in a fleet, the one that carries the Admiral's flag. Big navies have bigger, more powerful flagships, but every fleet has one. The KEY2 is definitely BlackBerry Mobile's.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I guess I have the Passport BB10 flagship. Too bad it barely can surf the net.
    12-06-18 03:06 PM
    I guess I have the Passport BB10 flagship. Too bad it barely can surf the net.
    It was great at the Web when it came out, and was definitely the BB10 Flagship.

JOHNGAETANO and cyberdoggie like this.
    12-06-18 03:58 PM
    Why do I always hear "need a PKB"
    How about just "want a PKB" ?
    But no one cares about SlabBerrys !
    Want is a perceived need . The need could be the tactile experience, faster or more accurate typing - for that person. Perhaps the need is just to be different . Nostalgia plays a role here as well. What ever motivates a BlackBerry buyer , is what BlackBerry Mobile “needs “ to tap into.

Some cared about the Motion- too few to mention. TCL was hoping buy into a mid tier brand as opposed to upgrading their Alcatel brand .

They have stated that their hope is to grow their mid tier to 7 to 10 million units a year. I guess if they can achieve their goals with PKB phones then sure keep on with what they are doing.

I don’t think they have fleshed out all of the PKB possibilities yet. Slider, Passport and a 9900 come to mind but only if potential customers for these phones are not already satisfied.
    12-06-18 04:19 PM
    Want is a perceived need . The need could be the tactile experience, faster or more accurate typing - for that person. Perhaps the need is just to be different . Nostalgia plays a role here as well. What ever motivates a BlackBerry buyer , is what BlackBerry Mobile “needs “ to tap into.

Some cared about the Motion- too few to mention. TCL was hoping buy into a mid tier brand as opposed to upgrading their Alcatel brand .

They have stated that their hope is to grow their mid tier to 7 to 10 million units a year. I guess if they can achieve their goals with PKB phones then sure keep on with what they are doing.

I don’t think they have fleshed out all of the PKB possibilities yet. Slider, Passport and a 9900 come to mind but only if potential customers for these phones are not already satisfied.
    Where did you ever get 7 to 10 million?
    12-06-18 04:53 PM
    Where did you ever get 7 to 10 million?
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-he...ium-market?amp

Folks who follow the market came up with a number.

Of course if BlackBerry makes their next goal , 10 % of the Nigerian market, they might make their former goal.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201811280091.html
    12-06-18 06:04 PM

Folks who follow the market came up with a number.
    Well, ok. So it may or may not be anywhere close to what BBMo is thinking.
    12-06-18 06:07 PM
    Not fake news if that is what you mean. See no reason to doubt various reporting. It could be that BlackBerry Mobile embellished their projections / hopes like BlackBerry in 2013.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 12-06-18 at 07:34 PM.
    12-06-18 06:17 PM
    Well, ok. So it may or may not be anywhere close to what BBMo is thinking.
    Maybe it's with all devices combined, BB, Alcatel, Palm and etc?

All brands with the same horrible hardware and apps software.. it's only possible way to make these numbers by diversifying IMO.
    12-07-18 12:23 PM
    Maybe it's with all devices combined, BB, Alcatel, Palm and etc?

All brands with the same horrible hardware and apps software.. it's only possible way to make these numbers by diversifying IMO.
    No. TCL Communications in hoping that BlackBerry becomes their premium brand. Potentially, there are higher profits in moving up the food chain. Perhaps they can reach their goals with the worlds best PKB phones . Who knows ? Not even Conite.
    12-07-18 07:55 PM
    I have to use a Samsung Note 5 for work, but I happily use my BlackBerry as my personal daily driver.
    if I needed a good photo, under the right conditions the Key² does well, but I do have a FujiFilm X100T for those shots.
    I'm very happy with my BlackBerry
    12-07-18 09:47 PM
    I love the Key2 keyboard but was unable to get cell reception in Iowa for T-Mobile or AT&T. I am on Project Fi with a Pixel 3 XL. it is slick but Launcher, Hub, BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard, Calendar etc are all there (beta tester). BlackBerry still the best for business.
    12-07-18 10:02 PM
    Shame on them. What a horrible business model.

I'm positive that all other mobile companies care about you.
    Good one...This comment made me smile.
    12-07-18 10:44 PM
    Shame on them. What a horrible business model.

I'm positive that all other mobile companies care about you.
    Actually it is a horrible business model and yes, other mobile companies ONLY care about consumers because they understand purpose is DEMAND. if you want to create a successful business, money is a consequence not a purpose, purpose is to satisfy the client, duhh...

Companies who's only on numbers and money are programmed to fail.

If you give what consumer wants money will follow.

Maybe now you will get why you're forced to justify in every single post BBMo by saying they're not popular because they're making "a niche" device.. while reality is they are not popular because BBMo devices are **** compared by other competitors who's offering much better devices for same or half price?

BBMo will never create real demand and money while they only offers **** or "niche" devices if it's easier to you, every real consumer is saying this here on forum, on reviews and etc. It's time to hear it!
    12-09-18 06:56 AM
    BBMo devices are **** compared by other competitors who's offering much better devices for same or half price
    There are no competitors in the niche pkb market.

BBMo can't afford to loss-lead to build share.

The irony is that, knowing everything you have argued in advance, you STILL went out and bought a KEY device. You've demonstrated that there is a market for this device, despite your suggestion otherwise.
    Last edited by conite; 12-09-18 at 07:59 AM.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    12-09-18 07:29 AM
    The whining on here is so tiresome. Buy the phone that works for you. If it's a BB, great, if it isn't, great. The phones will live or die based on how well they satisfy the market that there is, not what one person typing on a forum thinks they ought to do.

For me, the Key2 is perfect, it suits exactly what I require. For others, it won't, and they'll get something else. This emotional investment in a brand is just that. May it profit you.
    12-09-18 07:51 AM
    The whining on here is so tiresome. Buy the phone that works for you. If it's a BB, great, if it isn't, great. The phones will live or die based on how well they satisfy the market that there is, not what one person typing on a forum thinks they ought to do.

For me, the Key2 is perfect, it suits exactly what I require. For others, it won't, and they'll get something else. This emotional investment in a brand is just that. May it profit you.
    Very well said... 👍

Bob
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    12-09-18 08:56 AM
    there are no competitors in the niche pkb market.

it is android
    12-09-18 09:58 AM
    it is android
    Sure. But a Corvette and a Lexus SUV are both vehicles, but are not competitors.
    rkanazawa likes this.
    12-09-18 10:00 AM
    There are no competitors in the niche pkb market.

BBMo can't afford to loss-lead to build share.

The irony is that, knowing everything you have argued in advance, you STILL went out and bought a KEY device. You've demonstrated that there is a market for this device, despite your suggestion otherwise.
    I bought KEYone BE.

I was first in line but didn't bought after they revealed:

PRIV - because of selfie camera. 2MP front facing camera, are you kidding me?? Later we find out a lot more savy decisions.

Original KEYone - because of 3 GB of RAM?? Thank someone who added 1 GB more for BE because we all know how laggy original KEYone are and a lie about "Pixel quality camera"

KEY2 - because of mono speaker and after camera performance revealed are you kidding me??

I supported BBMo then they upgraded KEYone BE by thinking "finally they get what we want" and we will get superb KEY2. Loved the keyboard, loved the design like Passport SE, but then they revealed mono speaker they blowed it once again it was a matter of time we all get that mono speaker was not the only one "savy" but also the camera facepalm. And the 🍒 of everything was the price facepalm of all facepalms.

Sorry, but I rather give money to Apple or Porsche Design because they deliver in every aspect they claims, but not for this joke which absolutely makes your expectations vs reality cry. BBMo makes a camouflaged low quality toy in superb design and PKB.

BBMo is a premium TCL brand? So make it PREMIUM damnit.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-09-18 10:24 AM
    I bought KEYone BE.

PRIV - because of selfie camera. 2MP front facing camera, are you kidding me?? Later we find out a lot more savy decisions.

Original KEYone - because of 3 GB of RAM?? Thank someone who added 1 GB more for BE because we all know how laggy original KEYone are and a lie about "Pixel quality camera"

KEY2 - because of mono speaker and after camera performance revealed are you kidding me??

I supported BBMo then they upgraded KEYone BE by thinking "finally they get what we want" and we will get superb KEY2. Loved the keyboard, loved the design like Passport SE, but then they revealed mono speaker they blowed it once again it was a matter of time we all get that mono speaker was not the only one "savy" but also the camera facepalm. And the of everything was the price facepalm of all facepalms.

Sorry, but I rather give money to Apple or Porsche Design because they deliver in every aspect they claims, but not for this joke which absolutely makes your expectations vs reality cry. BBMo makes a camouflaged low quality toy in superb design and PKB.

herr_tan likes this.
    12-09-18 11:01 AM
    I bought KEYone BE.

I supported BBMo then they upgraded KEYone BE by thinking "finally they get what we want" and we will get superb KEY2. Loved the keyboard, loved the design like Passport SE, but then they revealed mono speaker they blowed it once again it was a matter of time we all get that mono speaker was not the only one "savy" but also the camera facepalm. And the 🍒 of everything was the price facepalm of all facepalms.

Rinse and repeat...

Bob
    12-09-18 11:23 AM
    I understand you, sometimes it is too hard to take it.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 vs the Flagships-Who is still using KEY2?-794553.jpg  
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 12-09-18 at 05:58 PM.
    12-09-18 05:36 PM
    Funny. When I decided to buy an Android phone. It wasn't even a close choice. The KEYone met my needs batter than any other phone on the market. I know a billion people disagree with me, but if one in a thousand people agree with me, BlackBerry Mobile has a business.

JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    12-10-18 08:03 AM
    Funny. When I decided to buy an Android phone. It wasn't even a close choice. The KEYone met my needs batter than any other phone on the market. I know a billion people disagree with me, but if one in a thousand people agree with me, BlackBerry Mobile has a business.

This is crackberry man, most likely we’re gonna agree with you lol.

At the time you got your KEYone, it was the only modern Android smartphone with a PKB. Plus it has the enhances security that you value so its a no-brainer lol
    12-10-18 08:16 AM

TCL announced a major restructuring this weekend . Pivot away from consumer goods. Does anyone here read mandarin??
    12-11-18 09:11 PM
147 ... 3456