Curious for the people who carry one (1) phone daily, and came from a Flagship phone (iPhone, Samsung S or Note, OnePlus), who is still using the KEY2, and what Country are you in.

I loved my KEY2, but the inconsistent Photo Quality left me in a bad position, as I need quality photos for my job. So I moved on in August. I have since heard the software updates have improved the camera, and amazingly enough even helped extend battery life further.

I read about people carrying two phones. To me, that is rubbish, as I can't carry two phones. I would prefer carrying a RX100 point and shoot vs carrying a phone for just photos.

Thanks!!

JOHN
    USA
    12-03-18 06:13 AM
    I'm using just the Key2 and I would say the software has improved pretty significantly with later updates. Using manual mode also helps you grab really good pictures in my opinion. That being said, depends on how good the pictures need to be for your job.
    12-03-18 06:34 AM
    I would still use my Key2, at least most likely, however due to ongoing keyboard issues, even after two replacement devices, I switched to a Galaxy Note 9. If BlackBerry Mobile can't get the most important selling point right within now almost half a year since release, I have no hard feelings to stop supporting them.
    12-03-18 06:50 AM
    Curious for the people who carry one (1) phone daily, and came from a Flagship phone (iPhone, Samsung S or Note, OnePlus), who is still using the KEY2, and what Country are you in.

I loved my KEY2, but the inconsistent Photo Quality left me in a bad position, as I need quality photos for my job. So I moved on in August. I have since heard the software updates have improved the camera, and amazingly enough even helped extend battery life further.

I read about people carrying two phones. To me, that is rubbish, as I can't carry two phones. I would prefer carrying a RX100 point and shoot vs carrying a phone for just photos.

Thanks!!

JOHN
    USA
    I just upgraded my RX100 M3 to the 5A so one smartphone is enough for me. I juggle between different devices the K2 being one of them and don't worry about picture quality. I've learned that all these flagships still struggle when it comes to consistent low light/indoor photos with kids and pets so that's what I have my RX for. My RX is in my hand more than my smartphone, love that little camera.
    12-03-18 08:37 AM
    I did it. I finally left. A bit torn, but I wanted a GREAT camera. That was something very important to me.
    I went for the Pixel 3 XL.
    Very happy, but not gonna lie, I am making more typing mistakes than ever before, but even as I type this, it is getting better!
    I also miss the flashing LED, but this new phone is so smooth, zippy, and nice to use that I can overlook the few shortcomings.
    It's too bad, as I am as big as BlackBerry fan as anyone, been using them for basically ever, but this phone just checked more of the boxes for me.
    Hopefully a Key3 hits a few more of the features I need.
    12-03-18 11:56 AM
    I am making more typing mistakes than ever before, but even as I type this, it is getting better!
    well, yeah, you're tapping on a piece of glass.

Nice that you found a device you enjoy using, and from reading your post, the KEY2 didn't stand a chance as you wanted excellent photo/video quality
    12-03-18 01:40 PM

Thanks!!

JOHN
    USA
    I would never carry 2 devices....its just so not necessary! Ive been using the Key 1 now k2 since launch and looove it no issue.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-03-18 02:33 PM
    Hopefully blackberry announce another PKB phone soon because I'm definitely fed up with this garbage camera on the key two. I regret getting rid of my note8. I love my keyboard phones but I'm willing to live without it for a phone that can take a picture properly in all lightings.

grrrr!!! my key1s camera was better...
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    12-03-18 05:26 PM
    What a first world problem! I carry one phone and only one phone since I originally bought one of the first brick phones in 1993. How much Hubris must we project onto the world?!? How much is too much? K2 absolutely checks all the boxes for reasonable expectations! Perfect, no! Realistic, yes! Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 12-03-18 at 06:43 PM.
    eiruvrav, ta_si, Byrese and 1 others like this.
    12-03-18 06:26 PM
    I had the opportunity to try out a few flagships in the last few weeks. They are all beautifully crafted, with big screens, shiny accents and cameras that just keep getting better and better.

However, every time I did hold them in my hand, I was afraid to drop them as they looked so fragile that they might break in an instant. I then made a list of things I really need from a smartphone. I am a medical student and let's be honest, you just don't have time for those power-hungry mobile games, so you don't need a hefty CPU, so that is ruled out. A big qHD screen? What for? Surely not for Netflix, most people have a TV for that - so the superb-curved-in-every-useless-direction-screens are out as well. As I mentioned, the device should not be fragile, but built to last and withstand a few drops without scattering. A great camera is nice to have, but do you really need to take that super-crisp nightime shot of this one car you really like? Nah, didn't think so. The quality of the Key2 is fine for daytime use. The battery is most essential to completing tasks, it should last as long as possible. Finally, communication is key. Plans and assessments are to be made, a network is to be created, resources have to be managed. This is not an easy task. I usually took a little 11inch ThinkPad wherever I went. With the Key2, I can leave it at home, as all communication and management can be handled with the excellent keyboard. It really is a joy to use. I so do not miss carrying around an additional 1,5 kg because my OnePlus and Galaxy S9 just could not deliver.

All in all, I wanted a device that is solid, not too slow, with a battery that lasts all day (and all night, trust me, you will need those nightshifts) and a keyboard you actually are comfortable typing out long passages on.
    The Key2 is all of that. Granted, there are software bugs that will freak you out, but hey, so far, this BB is the best phone I owned to date - maybe just as nice as my Passport.

Am I ticked off by the many software bugs? Yes.
    Are there more powerful phones around? Yes.
    Is that camera really crap in lowlight? Yes. Yes it is. Big time.
    Is it the best phone I ever owned, and despite all of its shortcomings, would I buy it again?

Yes. Definitely.
    12-03-18 06:28 PM
    Well done! Articulate, concise and well thought out!
    BigAl_BB9900 and V-Tom like this.
    12-03-18 06:40 PM
    I enjoy a lot of things about this phone but...

The fingerprint sensor sometimes and the space bar.

The fingerprint sensor seems to be better but still has its moments

The space bar sometime lags then you hit it again and you get 2 spaces then sometime I press it twice expecting a period but no period.

then sometimes I get a double click and period with only one click.

So if I don't use the keyboard I love this phone but I have to type endlessly.

Currently I am looking for a new phone. Just not sure where to go. I am thinking oneplus 6t and trying the bb apps on it.

I love Pkb's but this phone is wearing it's welcome.
    Last edited by Me yu; 12-03-18 at 08:14 PM.
    12-03-18 07:53 PM
    totally love my KEY2. would not use a different phone.
    12-03-18 09:18 PM

Thanks!!

JOHN
    USA
    I just got a Oneplus 6t. Extremely pleased with it and could feel a huge difference. BlackBerry needs a massive ui/software update to catch up to 2018 flagships.
    12-03-18 09:45 PM
    I just got a Oneplus 6t. Extremely pleased with it and could feel a huge difference. BlackBerry needs a massive ui/software update to catch up to 2018 flagships.
    What does it need to catch up on specifically ?
    12-04-18 01:29 AM
    What does it need to catch up on specifically ?
    Blackberry used to be the king in terms of User Interface, gestures, shortcuts, productivity. But using a Keyone on the latest update doing productive stuff like emailing, texting, browsing the web, handling documents felt a bit awkward at times and a bit slow/tedious. BB10 was the king of all that. Now on Oneplus i can quickly swipe up and to the right and it will switch the latest used app. Not only that but this phone is blazing fast. As of now it is the fastest on the market. I still use the blackberry app suite and they feel much more responsive and quick. I guess the keyone was just too slow for me. But getting this much battery on the oneplus doesn't justify blackberry using smaller cpu's to save battery life. Blackberry says they only do software now. Well, do it then. Give us software on the level of BB10. Bring back the king of productivity. Oneplus proved gestures are possible and still gives us choice to pick either nav buttons, pixel pill nav or plain gestures. For me that was the main reason I picked oneplus over galaxy note, the price and the gestures. But even now Samsung came up with their One UI which also includes gestures. I mean I am not a developer but I definitely enjoy good UI. If I could I would buy another z30 right now. That was the best phone I ever had period. I am am in sales and BB10 was just the champion of productivity. The thing I am sure of now, is that there is a way to replicate all BB10 features on Android. It might take time and money but it is completely possible. Give us that and we will give you money lol
    12-04-18 07:11 AM
    I enjoy a lot of things about this phone but...

The fingerprint sensor sometimes and the space bar.

The fingerprint sensor seems to be better but still has its moments

The space bar sometime lags then you hit it again and you get 2 spaces then sometime I press it twice expecting a period but no period.

then sometimes I get a double click and period with only one click.

So if I don't use the keyboard I love this phone but I have to type endlessly.

Currently I am looking for a new phone. Just not sure where to go. I am thinking oneplus 6t and trying the bb apps on it.

I love Pkb's but this phone is wearing it's welcome.
    I am using BB apps on the 6T. It's just so much of a smoother experience than on my Keyone.
    12-04-18 07:16 AM
    I was at a customers yesterday and he just got his 6T, it looks nice. I will wait a bit and see how it works for him but I think I have decided on the 6T.
    12-04-18 09:41 AM
    Had the Keyone and loved it enough to get the KEY2 but was disappointed with the slow updates delayed by the U.K carriers that push the update out (or so I am led to believe) I switched a week ago to the Huawei P20 Pro and love it

Rich
    U.K

Switched the Launcher to Blackberry, have the BB VKB, the Hub, Privacy Shade, Redactor, even a BB10 icon pack, BB10 ringtones, Basically have it looking as close to what I had on the KEY2

I love blackberry but the camera is poor, and software fixes etc just seem too slow, I miss the phone but I am hoping for the KEY3 to blow my mind

Battery life is a must and I hear the P20 Pro has decent enough battery life but too soon to tell personally
    12-04-18 05:40 PM
    Had the Keyone and loved it enough to get the KEY2 but was disappointed with the slow updates delayed by the U.K carriers that push the update out (or so I am led to believe) I switched a week ago to the Huawei P20 Pro and love it

Rich
    U.K

Switched the Launcher to Blackberry, have the BB VKB, the Hub, Privacy Shade, Redactor, even a BB10 icon pack, BB10 ringtones, Basically have it looking as close to what I had on the KEY2

I love blackberry but the camera is poor, and software fixes etc just seem too slow, I miss the phone but I am hoping for the KEY3 to blow my mind

Battery life is a must and I hear the P20 Pro has decent enough battery life but too soon to tell personally
    Where did you get BB10 ringtones?? I miss a lot of the ringtones from BB10 like SMS or Email and etc.

KEY* are missing a lot of ringtones &sounds from legacy devices!

+ congrats, I'm considering to make a switch to P20 or Mate20 PRO too and make it HuaBerry lol, Huawei is the best camera, performance and price value you can get for a Android device 🍻
    12-04-18 05:59 PM
    Where did you get BB10 ringtones?? I miss a lot of the ringtones from BB10 like SMS or Email and etc.

KEY* are missing a lot of ringtones &sounds from legacy devices!

+ congrats, I'm considering to make a switch to P20 or Mate20 PRO too and make it HuaBerry lol, Huawei is the best camera, performance and price value you can get for a Android device ������
    https://mega.nz/#!LTITnYyY!FvBVNPfO5...cX3Z-4Hbrf17fw
    12-04-18 06:09 PM
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 vs the Flagships-Who is still using KEY2?-794516.jpg  
    12-04-18 06:11 PM
    12-04-18 06:22 PM
    hopefully the link will work, I copied it off the browser this time and it works for me
    12-04-18 06:24 PM

Rich
    U.K

All I know is that you value the camera over the keyboard, which is why you jumped ship to Huawei
    mr_poobah likes this.
    12-05-18 01:34 AM
147 123 ...