Been checking out everyone's review of the Key2 on Verizon and want to know even if it's supported in terms of bands and signal and such but not in certification what would I actually loose by using it on Verizon? what's everyone's actual long term review on Verizon? How is it and how are you liking it on Verizon? I'm mostly looking at it for camera and amount of ram over the LE... Don't call and text often i mostly use data as my phone is my main source of Internet... The K2 would be my secondary phone to the S10 5G or Note 10 6.75" 4G/5G when they come out (i watch too much videos and live streams and need a huge screen) but I'm looking at getting the -2 model K2 if I can talk down a few sellers $25-30 i might get it sooner but don't think so... (Found a few really cheap)
    04-17-19 02:13 PM
    Been checking out everyone's review of the Key2 on Verizon and want to know even if it's supported in terms of bands and signal and such but not in certification what would I actually loose by using it on Verizon? what's everyone's actual long term review on Verizon? How is it and how are you liking it on Verizon? I'm mostly looking at it for camera and amount of ram over the LE... Don't call and text often i mostly use data as my phone is my main source of Internet... The K2 would be my secondary phone to the S10 5G or Note 10 6.75" 4G/5G when they come out (i watch too much videos and live streams and need a huge screen) but I'm looking at getting the -2 model K2 if I can talk down a few sellers $25-30 i might get it sooner but don't think so... (Found a few really cheap)
    Key2 is not specifically recommended for VZW since it's not officially certified for VZW like the Key2 LE model is. That means you could or couldn't have calling or texting capabilities on the Key2 on VZW network. The Key2 LE was the only device BBMo certified on VZW 2018/2019 selling period.

If you really want the Key2, think AT&T or T-Mobile only. That includes their rebranded prepaid or carrier owned MVNOs, Cricket or MetroPCS respectively.
    04-17-19 03:11 PM
    Key2 is not specifically recommended for VZW since it's not officially certified for VZW like the Key2 LE model is. That means you could or couldn't have calling or texting capabilities on the Key2 on VZW network. The Key2 LE was the only device BBMo certified on VZW 2018/2019 selling period.

If you really want the Key2, think AT&T or T-Mobile only. That includes their rebranded prepaid or carrier owned MVNOs, Cricket or MetroPCS respectively.
    That's the thing... I'm limited to Verizon in my area for really good download speeds but I also would like the 6GB of ram upgrade... BlackBerry kinda just shot themselves by limiting the K2 to AT&T mostly.... In that case I'll keep a Samsung alongside my K2 or K2 LE as I need a bigger display phone anyways for watching videos
    04-17-19 05:16 PM
    I have been using the Key2 on VZW now for several months without any issues. Phone, Text, HD Voice, Hot Spot all work on the Key2 without a problem. I have not been able to get visual voice mail to work but other than that the phone has been solid.
    04-17-19 09:55 PM
    I have been using the Key2 on VZW now for several months without any issues. Phone, Text, HD Voice, Hot Spot all work on the Key2 without a problem. I have not been able to get visual voice mail to work but other than that the phone has been solid.
    What happens if VZW breaks something and it causes issues? Just get different VZW certified phone or switch carriers?
    04-17-19 10:13 PM
    This has been the case for me since November as well.
    04-18-19 07:18 AM
    What happens if VZW breaks something and it causes issues? Just get different VZW certified phone or switch carriers?
    I'd fall back to my KEY2 LE, but I don't see VZW changing something to ban specific devices when they're moving towards reducing network restrictions and there are no operating differences between the KEY2 LE and KEY2 modems with respect to the VZW network.
    04-18-19 07:20 AM
    I'd fall back to my KEY2 LE, but I don't see VZW changing something to ban specific devices when they're moving towards reducing network restrictions and there are no operating differences between the KEY2 LE and KEY2 modems with respect to the VZW network.
    Then why are uncertified devices blocked or has this changed? Are you saying I can buy a Key2 and VZW just activates for me in the store?
    04-18-19 07:37 AM
    Then why are uncertified devices blocked or has this changed? Are you saying I can buy a Key2 and VZW just activates for me in the store?
    There's no functional reason to ban a KEY2 from the network, hence why it works just fine if you have a SIM activated for a CDMA-less devices. Milage will vary on store activation of a SIM. I've had one manager do it, and others have refused.
    04-18-19 07:46 AM
    There's no functional reason to ban a KEY2 from the network, hence why it works just fine if you have a SIM activated for a CDMA-less devices. Milage will vary on store activation of a SIM. I've had one manager do it, and others have refused.
    I understand theoretical position. It’s the reality that VZW does what it does to begin with. I can drop T-Mobile or AT&T SIM into the Key2 and have a basic functioning device with calls, text and data. Why should VZW be any different? I can’t in good conscience tell people their Key2 will be supported when I know that VZW only supports the Key2 LE in factuality. The reality is the correct answer is that VZW can block the Key2 anytime they wish if they feel like it.

Perhaps a VZW rep can explain current and future policies here.
    04-18-19 07:54 AM
    Why do I need to replace my Key2 when it works very well for me on VZW? I have it over 5 months now and I don't think it will stop working. In fact there is a rumor VZW will start selling the LE & Key2 in the Summer.

True I and others took a risk by not using a "certified" device but everyday we get more use out of our Key2 making it more worthwhile.
    04-18-19 08:32 AM
    Why do I need to replace my Key2 when it works very well for me on VZW? I have it over 5 months now and I don't think it will stop working. In fact there is a rumor VZW will start selling the LE & Key2 in the Summer.

True I and others took a risk by not using a "certified" device but everyday we get more use out of our Key2 making it more worthwhile.
    Reread my question. At this point, VZW can block your device according to company policy since not certified rendering it a useless brick on VZW network. I don’t answer questions based on rumors just the facts on hand in the moment at hand.

If you think VZW will be selling the Key2 and LE , great but I doubt it since the Key2 will be a year old then. Even the official LE announcement from January seems to become more troubled each day, however it’s certified so that’s more of a distribution and sales problem.
    04-18-19 08:39 AM
    Reread my question. At this point, VZW can block your device according to company policy since not certified rendering it a useless brick on VZW network. I don’t answer questions based on rumors just the facts on hand in the moment at hand.

If you think VZW will be selling the Key2 and LE , great but I doubt it since the Key2 will be a year old then. Even the official LE announcement from January seems to become more troubled each day, however it’s certified so that’s more of a distribution and sales problem.
    Here is a fact you seem to be ignoring, at least hundreds of people have been able to get their Key2 activated and have been using it for over 5 months.

The only issue of note was the SMS glitch early on which could have happened to any CDMAless phone not provisioned as such.

Only evidence Key2 is not supported is VZW reps have stated it both on phone and the in the store. Ok take a LE in VZW or any phone they don't sell and see how many reps tell you the phone is not supported and may have issues.

Have a client who traveled for a month around Europe. VZW activated worked everywhere except the old chec republic. Call VZW support. There answer was it's not working because LE is not certified. Then her husband tried on his VZW store bought iPhone and had the same issue. A few hours later the phones worked in same hotel without making changes.

Bu Bu it's the phone we didn't buy that doesn't have VZW painted on it.

Give me a break!
    04-18-19 08:50 AM
    Here is a fact you seem to be ignoring, at least hundreds of people have been able to get their Key2 activated and have been using it for over 5 months.

The only issue of note was the SMS glitch early on which could have happened to any CDMAless phone not provisioned as such.

Only evidence Key2 is not supported is VZW reps have stated it both on phone and the in the store. Ok take a LE in VZW or any phone they don't sell and see how many reps tell you the phone is not supported and may have issues.

Have a client who traveled for a month around Europe. VZW activated worked everywhere except the old chec republic. Call VZW support. There answer was it's not working because LE is not certified. Then her husband tried on his VZW store bought iPhone and had the same issue. A few hours later the phones worked in same hotel without making changes.

Bu Bu it's the phone we didn't buy that doesn't have VZW painted on it.

Give me a break!
    You’re missing the point. If the phone functions on VZW, then great!!!!! Officially, VZW is only required to support the LE since BBMo got it certified... and you’re guaranteed device functions on network for as long as certification terms.

The OP has already had multiple issues with KEYone compatibility in separate issue. My response are to what are his guaranteed device solutions. You guarantee to replace a Key2 with a comparable replacement if VZW enforces it’s BYOD policies ? Just post that statement so the OP can move forward with your guarantee on his purchase?
    04-18-19 09:20 AM
    why do so many devices continue to work if not supported? If the Key2 IMEI numbers were put into their system by mistake. Then why has it taken so long to remove them?
    04-18-19 09:25 AM
    why do so many devices continue to work if not supported? If the Key2 IMEI numbers were put into their system by mistake. Then why has it taken so long to remove them?
    We’re not disputing the Key2 is functioning on VZW but you’re ignoring that can stop anytime. If VZW plans to keep the certification process, it would have to enforce it’s policy to ensure compliance. It’s the fact that VZW can deny service to anyone not using a certified device at this point. I have no idea why it ever required VZW to certify devices after going LTE SIM and dropping CDMA from the device.

I use AT&T for main account lines plus one T-Mobile line for backup. I would love the ability to have VZW as backup instead of T-Mobile but certification has been a concern.

Again, my replies here are within the behavior CB expects from me as volunteer. I have to remain objective and to answer the questions objectively. If you have anything that VZW now supports BYOD on the Non-CDMA devices, this would be great as BBMo isn’t the only hardware used by most participants here.
    04-18-19 09:54 AM
    If you have anything that VZW now supports BYOD on the Non-CDMA devices, this would be great as BBMo isn’t the only hardware used by most participants here.
    Yeah I've looked at a number of unlocked products that blow the Samsung, Motorola and LG options out of the water... but no one wants to buy a $600 phone that doesn't work fully and might not work at all if someone pressed a button at VZW.

Hoping that the officially supported list grows...
    04-18-19 10:05 AM
    April OS security patch was pushed OTA to my "uncertified" Key2 on Verizon Wireless a few days ago.

Why does VZW approve updates to be pushed to a phone they did not certify for their network?
    04-25-19 07:32 AM
    April OS security patch was pushed OTA to my "uncertified" Key2 on Verizon Wireless a few days ago.

Why does VZW approve updates to be pushed to a phone they did not certify for their network?
    So I can now walk into a VZW store and expect to activate Key2 just like the Key2 LE now? Does VZW require anything special or can I just drop a VZW SIM card into any USA LTE compatible factory unlocked device from any OEM now? I’ve been able to do this with AT&T, T-Mobile and various carrier MVNO resellers.
    04-25-19 07:40 AM
    So . . I can read the above posts and can recognize that there is a difference of opinion . . but if I'd like to purchase a key2 with the hopes of using it on verizon which variant should I get? I see lots of "will not work on verizon" in the descriptions, but apparently some of the models will? . . In short, if you have one that works on verizon which model is it? Thank you
    04-25-19 04:27 PM
    So . . I can read the above posts and can recognize that there is a difference of opinion . . but if I'd like to purchase a key2 with the hopes of using it on verizon which variant should I get? I see lots of "will not work on verizon" in the descriptions, but apparently some of the models will? . . In short, if you have one that works on verizon which model is it? Thank you
    There's one USA model for the Key2 and that's where the disagreement is. The general acceptance is that some people are using the Key2 on VZW but only after convincing a VZW rep to activate like the device is Key2 LE or some other VZW LTE certified device.
    04-25-19 05:58 PM

BlackBerry Mobile is pushing those updates directly w/o VZW support or approval, per my understanding.
    04-26-19 09:18 AM
    There's one USA model for the Key2 and that's where the disagreement is. The general acceptance is that some people are using the Key2 on VZW but only after convincing a VZW rep to activate like the device is Key2 LE or some other VZW LTE certified device.
    It wouldn't matter how hard you twist a reps arm if the IMEI is not in Verizon's system the device will not activate.

The only questions really are were Key2 IMEIs entered by mistake and if so will they be removed?

Otherwise they were entered on purpose.

Either way I have enjoyed my Key2 on VZW for almost 6 months now. In another 6 months I will be replacing this phone anyway. hopefully for a Key3.
    04-26-19 09:30 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile is pushing those updates directly w/o VZW support or approval, per my understanding.
    The WHY... is because it's their network and their support people handling issues. HUGE responsibility with the customer base that they have. Limiting what devices show up on their network lowers their support cost and any issues their customers might have.

Adding devices... is going to depend on demand. I expect to see more Huawei, Nokia and OnePlus devices showing up via BYOD.
    04-26-19 09:32 AM
    I need to replace my KeyOne very soon, and want to stay with Blackberry, I own the device and my employer handles the 'service' with Verizon. I would like the Key2 for the ram, is the larger RAM on the Key2 vs the Key2le noticable? maybe I'm focused on the ram and don't need it....
    09-10-19 09:28 AM
34 12