Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I know Key2 can be used on Verizon. Two Questions......

1- Does WFC work on Verizon with Key2???

2- Does SMS on Verizon work with Key2???

A lot of mixed information here, much of it outdated or old.

I am moving to Verizon and trying to determine whether it will be with Key2 or LE.

Thanks for any info!!!! Happy new year!!!
    01-01-19 03:39 PM
    Have you asked Verizon about these? They should be able to give you a definitive answer.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    01-01-19 03:52 PM
    SMS/MMS works with a new SIM card provisioned for a "CMDA-less device" to use VZW lingo. Wi-Fi calling does not work.
    01-01-19 09:01 PM
    SMS/MMS works with a new SIM card provisioned for a "CMDA-less device" to use VZW lingo. Wi-Fi calling does not work.
    From reading here and other sources, I understand that WFC does not work with any US Carrier for the "LE" .

This is the first time I have seen anyone state that WFC does not work for Key2 on Verizon.

If the Key2 will not support WFC on Verizon...... I don't see any value in spending an additional $200-$300 for Key2. I'll just settle for LE until there is a better option.

Thanks!
    01-01-19 10:28 PM
    The benefit is in the increased RAM and processor speed. Despite the KEY2 not being officially whitelisted, it's treated identically to the KEY2 LE on the network. Everything except WFC works properly. Visual Voice Mail is a crapshoot depending on who activates it in customer support.

Glad to help!
    01-01-19 10:33 PM
    The benefit is in the increased RAM and processor speed. Despite the KEY2 not being officially whitelisted, it's treated identically to the KEY2 LE on the network. Everything except WFC works properly. Visual Voice Mail is a crapshoot depending on who activates it in customer support.

Glad to help!
    This is good to know..... I could prolly use the RAM. May be worth the $$
    01-01-19 10:41 PM
    I definitely think it's worth the extra money. I have both the KEY2 LE and KEY2 on VZW and am much happier with the performance of the latter.
    01-01-19 10:43 PM
    I definitely think it's worth the extra money. I have both the KEY2 LE and KEY2 on VZW and am much happier with the performance of the latter.
    Hi - you are definitely using the Key² (and not the Key²LE) on VZW? How did you make this happen? My understanding was that the Key² would not work on VZW since it isn't CDMA compatible. Please confirm.
    01-02-19 09:51 AM
    Neither the KEY2 or KEY2 LE are CDMA compatible. Both require a CDMA-less SIM be provisioned. You can make this work directly on a KEY2 by having VZW level 2 support add a KEY2 IMEI to the DMD. The number is in the older VZW thread for the KEY2.
    ValkyrieBlue likes this.
    01-02-19 09:54 AM
    Neither the KEY2 or KEY2 LE are CDMA compatible. Both require a CDMA-less SIM be provisioned. You can make this work directly on a KEY2 by having VZW level 2 support add a KEY2 IMEI to the DMD. The number is in the older VZW thread for the KEY2.
    Thanks!! I had already read all the info on the CDMA-less SIM, etc. and adding the KEY2 IMEI to the DMD.

Here is the link to all the gory details to help others get up-to-speed: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...9/index45.html

BTW........... I just ordered my KEY2 on Amazon Warehouse deals for $526. Saved about $100 over the full current Amazon price of $615 ....... especially considering the tax added on either price.

I've had good luck with the open box Amazon Warehouse deals.

I am not a PKB fan personally. I did have a 9900, PRIV, and Passport. I prefer the touch screen Z10, DTEK50 and current Motion. In the end, I prefer the BB devices and simply need something to get me on VZW. VZW is the only reliable signal where I now live. I am really tired of waiting for the intermittent signal of ATT or T-Mobile (you hold your phone just right, stand in just the right place, pray and hope to get enough signal to do something ......... and then when you do you spend most of your time watching the circle of death).

Anyway, with the changes at VZW I hope a new full touch device is released sometime in the near future and it will replace my KEY2. I'm sure I'll enjoy the KEY2 while I have it. I'll really enjoy having a steady signal from VZW at home.

Thanks to all who commented!!
    Last edited by duckduke; 01-02-19 at 06:55 PM.
    ValkyrieBlue likes this.
    01-02-19 10:32 AM