3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never Worked

0 0%
  • Worked, then stopped working.

0 0%
  • Working!

3 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Please post your KEY2 on Verizon experience...
    11-15-18 01:13 PM
    Have posted in other forums. Moved a 2 yr old VZW GS7 SIM to a Keyone for a few weeks to try, then moved the SIM to a Key2 and everything works. This includes data, calls in and out, and text in and out. Has been working for about 2 weeks now.

Editing to add that VVM through the native calling app is not working on this phone. I don't think this is related to VZW activation as everything else works. It just says "Activating Visual Voicemail" but has never activated. This is not a VZW app, it's the native phone app.

Also it shows that VoLTE and HD calling are both enabled.
    Last edited by csalmon1; 11-15-18 at 03:00 PM.
    11-15-18 01:26 PM
    Working great so far. WiFi calling and visual Basic voicemail are the only features I can't get working.
    11-15-18 01:31 PM
    Let's add how long the phone has been active on Verizon.

Been running well since 11/8

Exactly 1 week
    11-15-18 08:50 PM
    Started on 11/5.
    11-16-18 08:34 AM
    using older sim i can still make and receive calls and send texts like it worked a week or 2 ago. i still cant receive texts. i havent tried getting a new sim cuz i dont care enough and am convinced they will all work once VZN gets it sorted.
    11-16-18 10:43 AM
    using older sim i can still make and receive calls and send texts like it worked a week or 2 ago. i still cant receive texts. i havent tried getting a new sim cuz i dont care enough and am convinced they will all work once VZN gets it sorted.
    Based on people's experiences with the Key2 LE, the new SIM is absolutely needed for CDMA-less phones so I wouldn't count on receiving texts working until you get a new SIM...
    11-16-18 01:16 PM
    I just want to thank everyone for their posts. It's very exciting that most people have gotten their Key2 to work on Verizon. I am going to wait for a few more confirmations and then possibly to take the leap from my current Classic (although in all honesty I am having a VERY hard time at the thought of giving up the classic with the trackpad, larger keyboard (than the Key2), etc). What can I say - BB shouldn't have made the Classic so good!
    bibbula likes this.
    11-16-18 01:18 PM
    I have had a Key2 on Verizon since August 8th. I am using Google Voice with hangouts. Initially the Verizon voice number was not working,although Google Voice through Data/Hangouts worked beautifully. A couple of weeks ago I lost incoming calls on Google Voice.I made all kinds of setting changes in GV and Hangouts and could not get it to ring.The lack of ringing on Hangouts seemed to coincide with the introduction of the Key2 LE on Verizon. I then tested the Verizon number associated with the Sim card on my Key2 and found it worked on incoming calls. I then forwarded my GV number to the Verizon number and have full functionality back again. I make outgoing calls with Hangouts and the phone rings on incoming GV calls. Texting works fine with Hangouts. Could mess around to see if I could get outgoing Verizon calls,but don't want to mess with a working device.
    11-16-18 08:34 PM
    I am unable to get my Key2 working with Verizon. I have a Key2 LE that works fine for voice/SMS/MMS incoming and outcoming but when I take that Sim and put it in my Key2 I get no service.
    11-17-18 04:05 PM
    I am unable to get my Key2 working with Verizon. I have a Key2 LE that works fine for voice/SMS/MMS incoming and outcoming but when I take that Sim and put it in my Key2 I get no service.
    So after toggling the preferred network setting from LTE/UMTS/GSM to LTE/CDMA and then back to LTE/UMTS/GSM (rebooting the device in between) I am now up and running on the Key2
    11-17-18 05:34 PM
    so the Key2 does in fact work on Verizon? Gosh this is frustrating seeing as I just sprung for the LE.....
    11-17-18 07:57 PM
    It appears as though the Key2 is indeed working on VZW if you use a new SIM (similar to the LE). They also appear to have similar VZW features. The only difference from a VZW perspective is that because the LE is whitelisted it is supported by VZW, while the Key2 is not, so if you ever have any challenges technically VZW will need to help you if you have the LE while they can pretty much brush you off if you have a Key2. I am personally waiting a few more weeks to see if it's smooth sailing for most people before taking the plunge with the Key2, as I CANNOT afford to have any hiccups with it (I use my phone as my primary business tool and I own my small business with no tech team so I can't afford for it not to work properly).
    11-17-18 10:18 PM