Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I need to replace my Key1, she is long in the tooth and battery life is dwindling.

I don't see a Key2 unlocked for Verizon, but I do see the Key2LE but I would rather have the Key2.

Does anyone have experience with the Key2 on Verizon?
    09-09-19 06:10 PM
    Do a search here... several have gotten the KEY2 working on Verizon. At one time it took you first getting a SIM activated on another approved CDMAless phone.
    09-10-19 07:01 AM
    As Dunt states, a VZW CDMAless line SIM from approved certified device should do trick.

Most people either own VZW LTE only phone to do this or purchase one to switch the SIM over. The Key2 LE was one device people have purchased and switched over to Key2 but that seems pricey solution.
    09-10-19 07:08 AM
    So I have a KeyOne and am using it on Verizon, if I understand your suggestion correctly I can use my current phone to get the new one to work...
    I am not super savvy with phone tech... I own my phone and the company I work for handles the service.
    09-10-19 09:21 AM
    So do I understand correctly, since I have a KeyOne I could use the SIM in a Key2 if I bought one?

I own the phone, and service is handled by my employer, and Verizon is who they use.

I could probably do the Key2le but I think I would prefer the larger ram / memory.
    09-10-19 09:34 AM
    So do I understand correctly, since I have a KeyOne I could use the SIM in a Key2 if I bought one?

I own the phone, and service is handled by my employer, and Verizon is who they use.

I could probably do the Key2le but I think I would prefer the larger ram / memory.
    No as the KEYone you have is probable a standard CDMA/LTE SIM. What the KEY2 and the LE need is a CDMAless SIM that is LTE only.
    09-10-19 09:46 AM

As Dunt X3 says, NO and that’s why the problem.

Now VZW sells the Nokia 2V as prepaid for $70 which appears to be LTE only. Purchase and setup on your employer account. Then once done, switch the CDMAless or LTE only SIM to Key2 and it should function according to many here but no guarantees.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-10-19 at 10:33 AM.
    09-10-19 10:20 AM
    Ok think i am just going to do the LE, thanks for the help guys
    09-10-19 02:03 PM