I have looked and looked. Can someone please guide me.
    06-14-19 06:34 AM
    I have looked and looked. Can someone please guide me.
    Zero, officially. VZW supports the LE model. Some get a Key2 functioning on VZW but there’s no guarantee initially or continually of the Key2 functionality.
    06-14-19 06:37 AM
    Zero, officially. VZW supports the LE model. Some get a Key2 functioning on VZW but there’s no guarantee initially or continually of the Key2 functionality.
    I am aware of that. I wanted to know which KEY² members have been getting to work on the network. I can always switch back to my KEYᵒⁿᵉ if it doesn't work or quits working. But I at least want to give it a shot.
    06-14-19 06:52 AM
    I am aware of that. I wanted to know which KEY² members have been getting to work on the network. I can always switch back to my KEYᵒⁿᵉ if it doesn't work or quits working. But I at least want to give it a shot.
    There are a few KEY2 Verizon threads... might be better search those than waiting for a Verizon KEY2 owner to show up in the threads.
    06-14-19 07:11 AM
    I have been. I'll see people say they have their KEY² working on Verizon but never the variant.

Thanks
    06-14-19 07:14 AM
    I have been. I'll see people say they have their KEY² working on Verizon but never the variant.

Thanks
    Well, the NA model is best (it includes band 66).

BBF100-2.
    06-14-19 07:48 AM
    *sigh* I have the 100-2 and no luck for me
    06-14-19 07:55 AM
    Well, the NA model is best.

BBF100-2.
    Best for VZW or just best in general? Then my apologies I thought there were two variants for North America.
    06-14-19 07:56 AM
    Best for VZW or just best in general? Then my apologies I thought there were two variants for North America.
    I was answering your specific question.
    06-14-19 07:58 AM
    I was answering your specific question.
    Thank you. Just being sarcastic.
    06-14-19 08:15 AM
    just dump Verizon. problem solved.
    06-14-19 08:17 AM
    just dump Verizon. problem solved.
    Unless Verizon is the only one with coverage in your area.... I'll be honest, I'd love to join the uncarrier.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-19 08:40 AM
    yeah. I figured that was the case. I switched to mint mobile a while back. works for me. But their coverage is spotty at best.
    06-14-19 08:45 AM
    my -2 works great, but I had to provision it using another phone to get things like VVM and such working. also have to make sure it's provisioned as CDMALESS.

basically moved the SIM from the other phone to the -2 and everything works except Wi-Fi calling
    06-14-19 09:12 AM
    my -2 works great, but I had to provision it using another phone to get things like VVM and such working. also have to make sure it's provisioned as CDMALESS.

basically moved the SIM from the other phone to the -2 and everything works except Wi-Fi calling
    The only white listed Key2 LE is the BBE 100-5.

WHat other Key2 LE's have people been successful with?

I had tried with a BBF 100-2 and they couldnt get the normal voice calling to work.
    06-25-19 02:10 PM
    It works fine on Verizon and T-Mobile. But I might have problems with text on Verizon
    06-25-19 06:25 PM
    I have a BBF100-2. Many months ago I put my Verizon SIM in it and only data worked. It's sat on a shelf for months until a few days ago I powered it on and installed all the available OS updates so that I could get it ready to sell/trade so I could pickup an LE.

I then noticed in this thread: https://community.verizonwireless.co...D/td-p/1081225 that some had had success activating a Key 2 as CDMAless or something. I decided to put my SIM in and go through the manual activation process but to my surprise it activated automatically. Data/voice/SMS/VVM all work but MMS does not (hopefully I can get that working via APN settings). I then swapped in the VZW SIM from my work phone and it activated also.

Maybe this is a known phenomenon but it was news to me and a very happy surprise.
    07-02-19 09:23 AM
    UPDATE: after a few minutes MMS kicked in. Receiving and sending works just fine.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-02-19 11:27 AM
    UPDATE: after a few minutes MMS kicked in. Receiving and sending works just fine.
    So does this mean that VZW isn't requiring certification anymore? That would be amazing for many people that prefer factory unlocked but don't want AT&T or T-Mobile service.
    07-02-19 11:41 AM
    So does this mean that VZW isn't requiring certification anymore? That would be amazing for many people that prefer factory unlocked but don't want AT&T or T-Mobile service.
    Don't know about that. I can say that my IMEI came back as unsupported on the VZW device checker. My guess is that this is a byproduct of supporting the KEY2 LE and may or may not apply to all compatible KEY2s and probably doesn't mean much to owners of other types of devices. But that's just speculation.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=46YcFdkX
    07-02-19 11:45 AM
    Don't know about that. I can say that my IMEI came back as unsupported on the VZW device checker. My guess is that this is a byproduct of supporting the KEY2 LE and may or may not apply to all compatible KEY2s and probably doesn't mean much to owners of other types of devices. But that's just speculation.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cqO6UlzW
    What devices were either of VZW SIM cards in first?
    07-02-19 11:51 AM
    What devices were either of VZW SIM cards in first?
    Immediately preceding the KEY2 one was in an LG G8 and the other was in a Verizon Pixel 2 XL. If I follow your reasoning you are thinking some device prepared my account to work with the KEY2? The only "non-Verizon" phone I've ever used with either of these SIMs was the BLU VIVO XI+ (https://bluproducts.com/devices/vivo-xi-plus/). I definitely used that with my work SIM. Can't recall if my personal SIM was ever in it.
    07-02-19 11:57 AM
    Immediately preceding the KEY2 one was in an LG G8 and the other was in a Verizon Pixel 2 XL. If I follow your reasoning you are thinking some device prepared my account to work with the KEY2? The only "non-Verizon" phone I've ever used with either of these SIMs was the BLU VIVO XI+ (https://bluproducts.com/devices/vivo-xi-plus/). I definitely used that with my work SIM. Can't recall if my personal SIM was ever in it.
    I'm pretty sure that may be how the VZW system is beginning to act or behave like the other carriers. I wonder if at some time, certification is dropped so that process is just automated in order to downsize personnel.
    07-02-19 12:02 PM
    just thought I'd share. I had Verizon for 15 years. I have the 100-2 thinking that it would work best with big red. after three weeks without the capability of receiving text messages and literally hours on the phone with tier 2 technical support I decided to make the switch to Cricket. Verizon were horrible about the whole experience. I can now receive text messages and the experience as a whole is good.
    07-02-19 08:39 PM
    I originally activated a Key2 Le on Verizon. Worked fine. Then when the Key2 released the red version. I picked that up and just took my SIM out of my LE and it worked fine. Zero issues that I noticed. It is the BBF100-2.
    the_boon and tigrute like this.
    07-02-19 09:52 PM
41 12