Did he mean they will have it have it, like to buy? Or have it for pre-order? Im hopin for the first but this is good news eitherway. Gettin mine from Best Buy
    I asked him the same thing, and he answered “will be available to buy”.
    DWonder likes this.
    06-11-18 01:08 PM
    They do seem to be making room for it...
    06-11-18 01:17 PM
    The whole carrier thing should have absolutely NO BEARING on unlocked release with Amazon and Best Buy. Let the carriers take months or years if they want, but for those like myself who only buy their phones unlocked and wouldn't touch a carrier phone with bloatware with a 10 foot pole, the unlocked phone release date should be provided.

I am itching to get a nicely discounted K1 black edition as it WILL get updated for at least another year possibly 2 and sort of let any kinks and issues work themselves out like they did with the original K1. I can then safely purchase the K2 when I know for sure that there aren't any problems plaguing it.

$499 now for the K1 Black Edition seems like a great price.

I've never experienced any issues with lag or otherwise felt slow downs with the BE.
    06-11-18 01:25 PM
    does anyone have an idea when the keytwo will be available in Canada?
    06-11-18 01:50 PM
    The whole carrier thing should have absolutely NO BEARING on unlocked release with Amazon and Best Buy. Let the carriers take months or years if they want, but for those like myself who only buy their phones unlocked and wouldn't touch a carrier phone with bloatware with a 10 foot pole, the unlocked phone release date should be provided.

I am itching to get a nicely discounted K1 black edition as it WILL get updated for at least another year possibly 2 and sort of let any kinks and issues work themselves out like they did with the original K1. I can then safely purchase the K2 when I know for sure that there aren't any problems plaguing it.

$499 now for the K1 Black Edition seems like a great price.

I've never experienced any issues with lag or otherwise felt slow downs with the BE.
    I agree. Unlocked variants should have a release date. It took AT&T about two months or so to release the K1. Thankfully, no AT&T bloatware but I hope they include the Locker feature on the K2 as they held it back from the K1.
    06-11-18 02:06 PM
    Well alight then. Hopefully he wasn't just tryna give us feeble-minded BlackBerry fans the run around, lol

Thanks
    06-11-18 03:09 PM
    They do seem to be making room for it...
    Wut do u mean?
    06-11-18 03:10 PM
    Wut do u mean?
    $350 CDMA KEYone and $400 GSM KEYone.... I expect they'll be like BH Photo pretty soon. "KEYone discontinued".

Taught they'd wait until the KEYtwo Lite...
    06-11-18 03:24 PM
    TCL probably used the Launch Event as a way to sell it to carriers and other outlets that's why they can't provide a release date. Carriers also probably want to see what kind of hype gets generated by the event to gauge if they want to offer it or not. This is just be guessing though.
    Disagree. Carriers are involved months ahead of time. They do extensive testing on new devices to ensure network comparability.
    06-11-18 03:28 PM
    Disagree. Carriers are involved months ahead of time. They do extensive testing on new devices to ensure network comparability.
    You never know, like I said earlier it took AT&T a few months after release for them to release their K1 variant. My company AT&T rep still hasn't heard any word on any info about the K2.
    06-11-18 03:32 PM
    $350 CDMA KEYone and $400 GSM KEYone.... I expect they'll be like BH Photo pretty soon. "KEYone discontinued".

Taught they'd wait until the KEYtwo Lite...
    Oooh. Gotcha, lol. As far as the Lite and Pro...i would think the 64GB is the Lite and the 128GB is the Pro. That's not the case?
    06-11-18 04:13 PM
    does anyone have an idea when the keytwo will be available in Canada?
    After the KEYone and before Key3 is for certain.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-11-18 10:23 PM
    Oooh. Gotcha, lol. As far as the Lite and Pro...i would think the 64GB is the Lite and the 128GB is the Pro. That's not the case?
    Rumours suggest that the possibly upcoming BBE (Luna?) device is the Lite model. 450 SoC? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    06-11-18 10:38 PM
    I guessing sooner than you all think.
    06-11-18 11:05 PM
    Have screenshots and everything from a BestBuy chat, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to post them.
    06-20-18 03:34 PM
    On the Flossy Carter unboxing video, he says available in the US July 13th, pre orders June 29th.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    06-21-18 02:27 AM
    Have screenshots and everything from a BestBuy chat, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to post them.
    What did they say?
    06-21-18 04:14 AM
    Just checked all the blogs and forums and nothing about a USA release date yet? I would have thought they would have done it the same time as they released it in Canada? At least for the unlocked GSM version, who knows, frustrating to say the least.
    06-21-18 06:26 AM
    On the Flossy Carter unboxing video, he says available in the US July 13th, pre orders June 29th.
    Yeah watched his video this morning. Hope that's accurate.
    06-21-18 06:56 AM
    You never know, like I said earlier it took AT&T a few months after release for them to release their K1 variant. My company AT&T rep still hasn't heard any word on any info about the K2.
    Carriers are indeed involved months ahead of time. They do planning, inventory set up, store layouts, device certification, OS customization, custom boxes (which then have to be approved by marketing / brand).

It's easy to think that all they have to do is get stock and sell forward. Then they have to set up reverse logistics. How to handle returns, what to do if there is a mass recall, DOA handling, buildup stock for exchanges and BRE, replacement parts availability, agreements with adjacent teams like device insurance. A few lucky individuals will get trial devices, much like CBK to figure out carrier specific kinks.

Everyone involved with a device launch would be under an internal NDA. Which is why your company rep would not have heard anything.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    06-21-18 07:17 AM
    Add to all this, BBMo/TCL isn't Android/IOS flagship tier one device OEM. Not even second tier. If you add their Alcatel-TCL brand, they're possibly third level tier OEM.

Last year, Sprint rolled out in USA, as first carrier and then AT&T came out with "soon". Officially it was 90 days later. Verizon decided not to carry although, I think it was really about sales data that Verizon decided not to carry at last minute.

BBMo/TCL needs Verizon badly along with AT&T. This reminds me of the introduction of the Classic and Passport. I'd lay odds that BlackBerry sold far more Classics than Passports since Verizon decided against Passport. BBMo/TCL will hold on USA as long as possible to make carrier deals happen if possible. KEYone showed that.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-21-18 07:47 AM
    Carriers are indeed involved months ahead of time. They do planning, inventory set up, store layouts, device certification, OS customization, custom boxes (which then have to be approved by marketing / brand).

It's easy to think that all they have to do is get stock and sell forward. Then they have to set up reverse logistics. How to handle returns, what to do if there is a mass recall, DOA handling, buildup stock for exchanges and BRE, replacement parts availability, agreements with adjacent teams like device insurance. A few lucky individuals will get trial devices, much like CBK to figure out carrier specific kinks.

Everyone involved with a device launch would be under an internal NDA. Which is why your company rep would not have heard anything.
    Great post. Unfortunately it's just way too much reality for the "But I want it now!" crowd.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    cckgz4, ppeters914 and rjedge54 like this.
    06-21-18 08:12 AM
    Great post. Unfortunately it's just way too much reality for the "But I want it now!" crowd.

7/13 with 6/29 preorder at amzn/bb

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...-preorders-tcl
    06-21-18 08:38 AM
    Preorder 6/29 on Best Buy and amazon confirmed. 7/13 release. Source: the verge.
    anon(2695703) likes this.
    06-21-18 09:24 AM

Thanks @bb10adopter111. Truth be told, I do have questions with regard to why nothing has been announced. Maybe there hasn't been an agreement? Maybe there’s a problem with US-destined stock? Maybe they're waiting to make a "big" announcement? Who knows? EDIT while I wrote this: July 13th announced.

I'll say that the big "elephant-in-the-room" device brands (Brand A + Brand S) have their own teams of people placed months in advance at each carrier doing launch planning. They test every. little. thing. In store device activation, web sale device activation, dealer sales, big box retail sales, returns, cross upgrade coupled with SIM swap...

Somehow I can't imagine BlackBerry mobile having battalions of launch planning staff in the US coordinating with each carrier. Maybe they do? Who knows. This leaves the carrier to pick up some slack... maybe they will, maybe they'll (de-?)prioritize it based on everything else going on?

As an aside, in my opinion, I note that this may be a reason for the current state of BlackBerry device support with US carriers. Sure, there’s demand, but it’s primarily among people “foaming at the mouth” (myself included) for these things.

Lord knows the Crackberry-types will go to all ends of the Earth to get their fix for their Indian dual-SIM, QWERTY keyboard, memory/storage/color variant… and then complain that this device isn’t working perfectly right out of the box for a completely different network/region than for which it was intended. Once we get our fix, what to do with all this infrastructure that’s been set up? What to do with all the inventory sitting idle on the balance sheet, when everyone went to third parties for device sales?

True the carriers will sell a few, but there may not be much appetite to go and get IMEI lists and sku’s, whitelist TAC ranges, set up device types and run scripts on the biller to provision advanced features like LTE-A, HD Voice and WiFi Calling for every single device variant that’s out there… especially when the subscriber base in question sourced their devices from who knows where.

I’m not saying that it’s wrong to do those things. I'm just saying that perhaps if the BB device market looked up and more people purchased from carrier, we might see better support for these things… like we did in the mid-late 2000’s.
    06-21-18 09:38 AM
65 123