I'm confused when does the key2 come out in the usa?
    06-09-18 07:38 PM
    We all are. Would have been smarter to announce then release right after. Or at least give a specific day. They look like fools just saying something is out and then saying it will be available soon.

Wishy-Washy
    06-09-18 07:45 PM
    Likely the same time as other regions. They just haven't put up pre-orders yet...they want us to sweat first. Punks, lol
    06-09-18 07:50 PM
    China will release on 12 June. So the products are ready at least.
    06-09-18 08:03 PM
    I believe they’re getting the dual-sim version
    06-09-18 11:17 PM
    I never understood the hype and wait strategy. Only thing I can think of is they want to get the review feedback and see if there's any major issues that need to be fixed before promising a date and then disappointing.
    06-10-18 12:30 AM
    Very confusing and frustrating not knowing.
    jope28 likes this.
    06-10-18 03:13 PM
    A best buy representative just told me that they will have it in a few days, he also told me that there will be one unlocked phone which will work with all carriers included verizon and sprint, I have a feeling that he doesn’t know what he is talking about, but this is what he told me.

A representative at sprint told me yesterday when i pushed for a hint when it could be available, that i should check back in 2 weeks, so who knows? Will see what happens
    06-10-18 03:19 PM
    Att chat told me “this week”.
    joewoo likes this.
    06-10-18 03:30 PM
    At the NYC "pop-up store", a representative told me the Key2 should be available around the end of June/early July. He stated that Amazon, Best Buy would have it around the end of June or thereabouts.
    06-10-18 06:36 PM
    No pre-order possibility at Amazon US, but at least Amazon has KEYTWO case available: BlackBerry KEYtwo Case, TopACE TPU Rubber Gel Shock-Absorption Bumper Anti-Scratch Transparent Silicone Cover for BlackBerry KEYtwo (Clear)
    by TopACE $8.99$8.99 FREE Shipping on eligible orders.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-18 09:31 PM
    Looking forward to commoner user feedback on real shipped units.
    06-11-18 06:47 AM
    I never understood the hype and wait strategy. Only thing I can think of is they want to get the review feedback and see if there's any major issues that need to be fixed before promising a date and then disappointing.
    Marketing.... they can't afford it, so they create opportunities for free marketing.

Leaks, post Launch, Unlocked Launch, Variant Launch, Carrier Launch.... they get some airtime with each. But a little less each time.

You use a privacy browser with no cookies of search history and look at tech news...
    06-11-18 08:28 AM
    Minor rant here: when did it become okay to launch a product with no release date specified and no details? To me its amateur hour to not provide these details. If the phone isn't ready to ship within 2 weeks, then don't announce it. Apple could learn a lesson on this too. Rant over.
    06-11-18 08:59 AM
    Minor rant here: when did it become okay to launch a product with no release date specified and no details? To me its amateur hour to not provide these details. If the phone isn't ready to ship within 2 weeks, then don't announce it. Apple could learn a lesson on this too. Rant over.
    Much of the distribution infrastructure is not at TCL's control. Carriers and retailers have their own priorities and schedules. At some point you have to make the official announcement and be content with "soon".
    06-11-18 09:06 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile would love to have a known launch date to announce, but they don't have the market clout to force distributors to offer it on a set date. Also, they may want to leave the door open for one or more carriers to commit to a USA exclusive period.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-11-18 09:13 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile would love to have a known launch date to announce, but they don't have the market clout to force distributors to offer it on a set date. Also, they may want to leave the door open for one or more carriers to commit to a USA exclusive period.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Every other phone manufacture can release a phone on a set date, TCL chooses not too. It is some sort of market strategy for them, I don't understand, but they clearly believe it works for them.
    06-11-18 09:39 AM
    I think whoever said it's carrier controlled has a point. Carriers have way too much power in NA.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-11-18 10:11 AM
    Every other phone manufacture can release a phone on a set date, TCL chooses not too. It is some sort of market strategy for them, I don't understand, but they clearly believe it works for them.
    Every other manufacturer? Really? Cool.
    06-11-18 10:29 AM
    Patience is virtue my friends
    06-11-18 10:53 AM
    A best buy representative just told me that they will have it in a few days, he also told me that there will be one unlocked phone which will work with all carriers included verizon and sprint, I have a feeling that he doesn’t know what he is talking about, but this is what he told me.
    Did he mean they will have it have it, like to buy? Or have it for pre-order? Im hopin for the first but this is good news eitherway. Gettin mine from Best Buy
    06-11-18 10:54 AM
    No they don’t. Tier 1 brands get to set release date across multiple carriers. Second tier OEMs coordinate with primary carrier partners and secondary will release staggered or never carry. BlackBerry Mobile isn’t either. Tier four, maybe three. They’ll gladly do what they’re instructed by their potential carrier partners.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-11-18 10:57 AM
    TCL probably used the Launch Event as a way to sell it to carriers and other outlets that's why they can't provide a release date. Carriers also probably want to see what kind of hype gets generated by the event to gauge if they want to offer it or not. This is just be guessing though.
    06-11-18 11:21 AM
    TCL probably used the Launch Event as a way to sell it to carriers and other outlets that's why they can't provide a release date. Carriers also probably want to see what kind of hype gets generated by the event to gauge if they want to offer it or not. This is just be guessing though.
    Pretty much. Everyone has to realize, BBMo/TCL would love to have the carriers locked in but the carriers don’t need them like they need the carriers.
    strikeIII likes this.
    06-11-18 11:29 AM
    I hope that's not the case. Wouldn't it take a long time to move a phone through an entire carrier certification process? I mean, ATT phones come loaded with ATT bloatware, opening music and logo, branding and so on. If they were not out in front of that before last week, I would imagine this process would take months not weeks. Maybe these things move more quickly than I thought
    06-11-18 12:04 PM
65 123