Des Simone know if the Key2 Will be update to Android Pie ? Or even Android Q ?

Thanks
    07-14-19 11:42 AM

Thanks
    Well I guess you would have to ask Des Simone.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-14-19 11:47 AM
    yes.... I mean does someone know ?
    07-14-19 12:31 PM

Thanks
    KEY² should get Pie, but we don't know when. It will not get Q.
    07-14-19 12:37 PM
    yes.... I mean does someone know ?
    Not only no one knows (other than internal stuff I am sure), speculation picked up by members around here and in other forums indicate that no Pie upgrade will be delivered though these are nothing but rumor based speculations. Take it for what it is...

It would be nice if @BlackBerry Mobile would communicate with their fan base in some way shapre or form other than with the continued repetetive Instagram posts...
    07-14-19 12:37 PM
    I think they have no respect for there customer !!
    even the Priv was a real scam !!
    coming from Blackberry or BlackBerry Mobile.... they know but they won't says !!

this Will be my las BlackBerry!!!!
    07-14-19 01:29 PM
    *last BlackBerry

even my keyboard make me make some mistake
    07-14-19 01:31 PM
    That escalated quickly.

KEYᵒⁿᵉ was updated to Oreo last Aug. Let's see what happens with the KEY².

In the meantime, enjoy your security patches. BBMo has consistently (over 90% of all device variants) delivered patches within 60 days.
    Super Spartan likes this.
    07-14-19 01:39 PM
    That escalated quickly.

In the meantime, enjoy your security patches. BBMo has consistently (over 90% of all device variants) delivered patches within 60 days.
    No conite, if an Android device doesn't get its monthly update within the first five days of the month, then it is automatically a piece of crap not worth even looking at, and will promptly get hacked and all information will be stolen and the phone will self destruct, and the company that made the device is evil and doesn't care about their customer.
    07-14-19 01:55 PM
    No conite, if an Android device doesn't get its monthly update within the first five days of the month, then it is automatically a piece of crap not worth even looking at, and will promptly get hacked and all information will be stolen and the phone will self destruct, and the company that made the device is evil and doesn't care about their customer.
    My bad.
    Vistaus and the_boon like this.
    07-14-19 01:57 PM
    That escalated quickly.

Yes let's see what they Will do ! Security patches come fast but they art really late on the OS as Android Q will get out really fast in August or september !!
    07-14-19 03:40 PM
    Yes let's see what they Will do ! Security patches come fast but they art really late on the OS as Android Q will get out really fast in August or september !!
    Q won't come to most non-Android One devices until next year. But I understand your point.

In any event, my KEY² is super-stable on Oreo, and although it would be interesting to see Pie on it, I don't really care either way. I have Pie on my Nokia, and it doesn't improve my ability to do my work in any way.
    Last edited by conite; 07-14-19 at 04:24 PM.
    07-14-19 03:47 PM
    even the Priv was a real scam !!
    coming from Blackberry or BlackBerry Mobile.... they know but they won't says !!

this Will be my las BlackBerry!!!!
    This has been going on for 10 years. Don't know how people still haven't got it haha.
    07-14-19 04:19 PM
    This has been going on for 10 years. Don't know how people still haven't got it haha.
    And all the other OEM's give 5 star impeccable service/support to all their customers for all their products, right?
    rarsen and Vistaus like this.
    07-14-19 04:35 PM
    I have Pie on my Nokia, and it doesn't improve my ability to do my work in any way.
    So you're saying your Nokia doesn't make you pizza ever since it got the Pie upgrade?

I'm outraged
    07-14-19 04:36 PM
    Q won't come to most non-Android One devices until next year. But I understand your point.

In any event, my KEY² is super-stable on Oreo, and although it would be interesting to see Pie on it, I don't really care either way. I have Pie on my Nokia, and it doesn't improve my ability to do my work in any way.
    My other phone is the Essential Phone and the service, security patches and the OS Pie are really great !!! They are also working on Android Q !! For a 2 years old phone... That's what I call excellent service !!! 5 stars !
    John Albert likes this.
    07-14-19 05:57 PM
    My other phone is the Essential Phone and the service, security patches and the OS Pie are really great !!! They are also working on Android Q !! For a 2 years old phone... That's what I call excellent service !!! 5 stars !
    Yes, but that wouldn't have happenned if the owner wasn't otherwise a multi-billionaire with his own personal reputation at stake.
    07-14-19 06:01 PM
    Where can I buy it's successor and when's it due for release?
    07-14-19 06:03 PM
    Where can I buy it's successor and when's it due for release?
    I don't need a successor it's good for 2 more years !!! For a total of 4 !!!
    07-14-19 06:08 PM
    So? Does it make it a more enjoyable device to use on a day-to-day basis?
    Does it give more notable features?

Lack of keyboard aside, I could care less about this so-called "5 star" support that the Essential phone has, when it has a lot less features than any of the Samsung flagships from even 2017.

But hey, if this support is all you need to praise a device, then you're a very easy consumer.
    07-14-19 06:10 PM
    I don't need a successor it's good for 2 more years !!! For a total of 4 !!!
    Since I don't have one, I don't have that luxury so what's the answer to my original question?
    07-14-19 06:17 PM
    https://www.essential.com/

Not only rich. Andy may still have some clout with current Android insiders.
    07-15-19 05:34 AM
    So you're saying your Nokia doesn't make you pizza ever since it got the Pie upgrade?

I'm outraged
    Duh, else it would've been called Android 9 "Pizza" lol
    07-15-19 12:01 PM
    So? Does it make it a more enjoyable device to use on a day-to-day basis?
    Does it give more notable features?

Lack of keyboard aside, I could care less about this so-called "5 star" support that the Essential phone has, when it has a lot less features than any of the Samsung flagships from even 2017.

But hey, if this support is all you need to praise a device, then you're a very easy consumer.
    Do you mean hardware features or software features? 'Cause you can easily root the Essential Phone and add any missing software features using Xposed and whatnot.
    07-15-19 12:03 PM

Thanks
    Unlike Apple, in the Android world phones get kicked to the curb fairly fast. Apple just stop supporting the I phone 3 last year. Gave away coupons to buy a new I phone (50$). In Android two updates maybe.........then poof SOL.
    07-15-19 02:32 PM
96 123 ...