I'm days away from my 24 month contract ending on my KeyOne.
    It's been a brilliant phone (screen fell out last month, but it's curreny held secure by some thin double-sided tape).
    After all the reports of bad build quality, I didn't expect it to last me until the end of the contract but its been flawless in every other way.

So, I'm going to be sticking with the Blackberry brand for now.
    I have been keeping my eye on Key2 contracts over the past month and noticed carphone warehouse has no stock of black Key2's.
    Im tempted to buy sim-free, however, is this a sign of something new?
    I'm not sure if I should keep using my KeyOne and wait for the next release.
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    04-24-19 11:05 AM
    It's been a brilliant phone (screen fell out last month, but it's curreny held secure by some thin double-sided tape).
    After all the reports of bad build quality, I didn't expect it to last me until the end of the contract but its been flawless in every other way.

I have been keeping my eye on Key2 contracts over the past month and noticed carphone warehouse has no stock of black Key2's.
    I haven't bought a subsidized phone in 5+ years. I prefer not to be locked into a contract. But really, it's just a math problem, and depending on where you live and what is being offered, the optimal answer may be different.

It may still be a while for the KEY³, so I would just go ahead and grab a KEY². It's a solid device, and will be getting an update to Pie most likely this summer.
    04-24-19 11:09 AM

Im doing the EXACT same thing! Can't find one at a decent price anywhere...

Think I'm going to try and find a cheapish sim only, recycle the keyone and buy key2 outright.... Equivalent to £26pm over 2 years (9gb data unlimited txt/calls)

I called CPW and they told me they were not getting any new stock

Bbmo direct are asking full price still...
    04-24-19 02:15 PM

I called CPW and they told me they were not getting any new stock

Bbmo direct are asking full price still...
    If true... one does wonder about BBMo's future, when coupled with the Roger's rumors of updates ending for the KEYone.

Giving the KEY2 a few extra months in the markets does make sense... if they are still building them and still have retailer support.
    04-24-19 02:23 PM
    Yeah in the UK it's difficult - I was lucky enough to get one for the first Key2's when it was launched - but Carphone Warehouse said even at that point they didn't have many. I would suggest, if you don't get any luck with any carriers/networks, is to buy outright from PC World/Curry's as they're cheaper than BBMobile.
    04-24-19 02:49 PM

Also noticed this with CPW so I purchased my black k2 via laptops direct. Sim free and unlocked. You can also purchase using PayPal credit.
    04-24-19 03:02 PM
    Also noticed this with CPW so I purchased my black k2 via laptops direct. Sim free and unlocked. You can also purchase using PayPal credit.
    I've just bought mine from laptops direct too.

£469
    -£110 key one trade in (cpw)
    04-24-19 03:12 PM
    I've just bought mine from laptops direct too.

£469
    -£110 key one trade in (cpw)
    Hope you enjoy your new device. Its a great phone overall. I purchased a phone bumper case and a priv leather holster which the phone fits perfectly in from amazon.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-24-19 03:18 PM

The KEY2 is a big improvement over KEYᵒⁿᵉ no doubt whatsoever.

You can check out BlackBerryMobile euro store. They ship direct.
    04-24-19 06:01 PM
    mines arriving today - look forward to comparing to the keyone
    04-25-19 12:12 AM
    Have a look on eBay as there are a number of smaller suppliers selling them for cheaper on there. Bought mine for £370 back in Feb and have had no problems.
    04-25-19 01:27 AM
    received - now going through the transfer and set up :-D
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-25-19 04:10 PM

Was in the same boat 7-8 months ago.
    Had a key1 from CPW on which the screen popped eventually.

Got a dual-sim key2 from the Eustore and been using it flawlessly since then.
    Changes the whole key1 perspective, trust me.

Cheers,
    Al
    04-26-19 02:04 AM
    it's definitely an evolution, we know that some things are the same as k1 such as the screen but initial impressions:
    -noticeably faster than key1
    - keyboard is definitely better / nicer (and of course bigger)
    -some bugs from k1 such as playstore issues are gone
    -hub seems alot faster to receive emails

- the vibration seems weak /weird compared to k1
    - haven't been able to properly test camera yet

it's only been a few hours of use so can't be comprehensive yet, but for speed and keyboard alone it's a good.
    04-26-19 02:14 AM

Had one of the first batch of keyones. Super glued mine back in three times.

Software wise it performed better over time.

Dropped it plenty of times. But one day it fell off the couch and cracked. Recent apps button kept repeating itself when wet/sweaty. Couldn't carry it on mtb rides anymore.

Almost lasted two years. Got the key2 outright sent to Australia from hong kong.
    04-26-19 03:20 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation, I have just done the same.
    Changing to a SIM-only plan with plusnet for £11 PCM for 6GB. Works out a tad less than my keyone did over a 24mth period.
    Plus the £110 trade in from CPW takes it down even further.
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    04-27-19 03:09 PM
    Thanks for all the input, I ordered one this-afternoon
    04-27-19 03:09 PM
    Changing to a SIM-only plan with plusnet for £11 PCM for 6GB. Works out a tad less than my keyone did over a 24mth period.
    Pretty much what I did: o2 sim only £11.50pm with 9gb, £110 cpw tradein
    04-27-19 03:13 PM
    Enjoy your new device. 6 gb for £11 is quite good. I only have 5gb with the plan I have with Vodafone but only use about 2.5 gb a month. Did you go for the black or silver?
    04-28-19 02:43 AM
    Pretty much what I did: o2 sim only £11.50pm with 9gb, £110 cpw tradein
    9 gb for £ 11.50 is pretty good also. How's things going with the K2 now you have had it set up ?
    04-28-19 02:49 AM
    9 gb for £ 11.50 is pretty good also. How's things going with the K2 now you have had it set up ?
    Yeah good. My fingers are used to the k1 key board so need get used to the slight difference (making a few typos! )

Soooo much faster. I never felt that the k1 was slow much by comparison there is a big difference.

- Hub is faster at receiving emails (pos bug on keyone)
    - play store actually downloads when you click download! (Bug on keyone)

- still can't comment much on camera.
    - space bar does feel different. Bit wbbly and audibly clickier than other keys
    - vibration is weird....!
    04-28-19 03:11 AM
    Took this though
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 UK availability?-img_20190427_130953_600.jpg  
    falbo likes this.
    04-28-19 03:17 AM
    Glad you are liking it so far. The space bar on my K2 is slightly louder than the other keys but I haven't noticed any wobbly feel to it. Only issue I could complain about is the swipe up under the suggested word's doesn't work 100% of the time but typing this post has only been a issue with one of the swipe up words. Overall I glad I purchased the K2
    04-28-19 03:24 AM
    fyi my build date from the laptops direct stock is: 24 06 2018
    04-28-19 03:50 AM
    fyi my build date from the laptops direct stock is: 24 06 2018
    Here's mine from the box. KEY2 UK availability?-5380.jpg
    Reckon laptops direct don't have any 2019 devices in stock.
    04-28-19 04:11 AM
35 12