Greeting CB.

So hopefully someone can shed some light on something that just occurred 2 days into using my Key2 128gb Dual-SIM phone. I was working in an app this morning when suddenly the screen flickered a bit then through me out of the app (it was a simple productivity app). Thereafter, it was stuck on the home screen with no response whatsoever from the screen. All the physical keys work (PKB, side buttons, etc), but no response from any touch interaction, however the screen flickers on and off on it's own w/o any interaction with the phone. I already tried the 10 second soft reset and I think the hard reset is still power up or down together with the Power Button, but still nothing.

Any help?
    10-31-18 09:43 AM
    Greeting CB.

So hopefully someone can shed some light on something that just occurred 2 days into using my Key2 128gb Dual-SIM phone. I was working in an app this morning when suddenly the screen flickered a bit then through me out of the app (it was a simple productivity app). Thereafter, it was stuck on the home screen with no response whatsoever from the screen. All the physical keys work (PKB, side buttons, etc), but no response from any touch interaction, however the screen flickers on and off on it's own w/o any interaction with the phone. I already tried the 10 second soft reset and I think the hard reset is still power up or down together with the Power Button, but still nothing.

Any help?
    SOS @conite ?
    10-31-18 11:04 AM
    Greeting CB.

Any help?
    You can try holding down the power button for 32 seconds (ignore what happens on the screen).

If it's still a problem after it boots up again, it looks like you may have a loose/failed screen connection.
    10-31-18 11:09 AM
    Just contacted BB Support earlier after exhausting all reset and other known options. I'm awaiting approval for USA Blackberry Mobile repair as it is an Int'l Phone. Definitely a hardware issue.... let's see how Blackberry handles this. Darn phone didn't last me 3 days!
    10-31-18 12:13 PM
    BTW, my phone ended up going back to BB through a repair ticket. It was returned to me within 2 weeks completely working and has been flawless since.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-22-19 01:12 PM
    BTW, my phone ended up going back to BB through a repair ticket. It was returned to me within 2 weeks completely working and has been flawless since.
    Glad it went smooth
    06-23-19 12:37 AM