I tried to hold out with hopes of a new blackbberry being released but my KeyOne that I bought in 2017 is starting to shutoff at 35% battery. I also have to remember to plug it in everywhere I go and while in the car or the battery doesn't last too long.

Which Key2 model would I want for TMO?
    12-02-21 12:59 AM
    I tried to hold out with hopes of a new blackbberry being released but my KeyOne that I bought in 2017 is starting to shutoff at 35% battery. I also have to remember to plug it in everywhere I go and while in the car or the battery doesn't last too long.

Which Key2 model would I want for TMO?
    BBF100-2.
    12-02-21 05:22 AM
    Of course it's only a 2018 phone... so no guarantee on how good the battery would be in one of those either at this point. And for the price it's going for, if you can find it..... why not just put a new battery in the KEYone?
    12-02-21 07:04 AM
    Cell phone repair shops can replace a battery in a KEYone. Just had one of our KEYone's battery replaced.
    12-02-21 08:00 AM
    Thanks... I didn't know our battery could be replaced. I think I'll look into that. Do I look for a battery and have them replace it? I'm sure they won't have one in stock???

I can't believe Key2's are selling for upwards of $2K. It's been a while since I looked for a phone.
    12-02-21 11:44 AM
    Thanks... I didn't know our battery could be replaced. I think I'll look into that. Do I look for a battery and have them replace it? I'm sure they won't have one in stock???

I can't believe Key2's are selling for upwards of $2K. It's been a while since I looked for a phone.
    A KEY² hasn't been made in two years, so you're only finding the scraps.

Your local phone shop should have a line on a battery replacement if you give them a call first.

But you really should be looking at a new modern, secure device.
    12-02-21 11:48 AM
    But you really should be looking at a new modern, secure device.
    You're right, I should accept reality and move on but I started with them since the job I had put us on the two way pagers so I don't know how to own another brand. I've driven GM cars and used Blackberry phones for as far back as I can remember.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    12-02-21 12:09 PM
    You're right, I should accept reality and move on but I started with them since the job I had put us on the two way pagers so I don't know how to own another brand. I've driven GM cars and used Blackberry phones for as far back as I can remember.
    Android is Android so you'll be ok. Preference doesn't equate to necessity.
    pdr733 likes this.
    12-02-21 01:25 PM
    Android is Android so you'll be ok. Preference doesn't equate to necessity.
    Actually, android is the part I don't like about the phone. Too many buried settings and I don't like having to reboot it from time to time. We never had to reboot when we had BBOS. I still have a bold that I charge up and carry from time to time just to remember the good old days of a phone that neatly fit in my pocket. It's like taking that classic Chevy out the garage for a drive.
    Frosty458 likes this.
    12-02-21 03:10 PM
    Actually, android is the part I don't like about the phone. Too many buried settings and I don't like having to reboot it from time to time. We never had to reboot when we had BBOS. I still have a bold that I charge up and carry from time to time just to remember the good old days of a phone that neatly fit in my pocket. It's like taking that classic Chevy out the garage for a drive.
    BBOS need reboots daily lol
    pdr733 likes this.
    12-02-21 04:16 PM
    You should rarely need to reboot. But the 3GB ram on the old KEYone requires you to wipe the app caches at least once a week.
    12-02-21 04:33 PM
    You should rarely need to reboot. But the 3GB ram on the old KEYone requires you to wipe the app caches at least once a week.
    Is that what the reboot does, wipes the cache when it start acting wonky? I didn't know what it was doing or why, just that it needed it periodically.

I'm thinking back to my first 7280, and I don't know if it's nostalgia or old age but I don't remember having to reboot the phone. I do recall one of the OS releases mandated frequent battery pulls and that trackball on the 83xx series would need frequent cleaning but that was the exception and not the norm. Either way, those days are gone for good and my wife suggested I join her on IOS.

I may still get my battery replaced but I'm going to have to learn to use a virtual keyboard someday... I just can't imagine one of the kids in those places taking my long time friend and trusted companion apart? Will it ever be the same?
    12-02-21 06:01 PM
    Is that what the reboot does, wipes the cache when it start acting wonky? I didn't know what it was doing or why, just that it needed it periodically.

I'm thinking back to my first 7280, and I don't know if it's nostalgia or old age but I don't remember having to reboot the phone. I do recall one of the OS releases mandated frequent battery pulls and that trackball on the 83xx series would need frequent cleaning but that was the exception and not the norm. Either way, those days are gone for good and my wife suggested I join her on IOS.

I may still get my battery replaced but I'm going to have to learn to use a virtual keyboard someday... I just can't imagine one of the kids in those places taking my long time friend and trusted companion apart? Will it ever be the same?
    Reboot helps, but doesn't properly clear the caches.

Go through each of your apps in settings, click on storage, and then clear cache.

Or just cut the cord and update to a Pixel 5a 5G or Pixel 6.
    12-02-21 06:03 PM
    I replaced the battery on my K1. It was not hard at all. I spent no more then 30 minutes from start to finish.
    12-02-21 08:12 PM
    We never had to reboot when we had BBOS.
    Wow. My memory of BBOS is very different. Between my Pearl 8100 and Torch 9800, I remember reboots at least once or twice a week to reduce the inevitable spinning clock syndrome.
    12-02-21 08:47 PM
    Wow. My memory of BBOS is very different. Between my Pearl 8100 and Torch 9800, I remember reboots at least once or twice a week to reduce the inevitable spinning clock syndrome.
    12-02-21 09:21 PM
    [IMG=200x200]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211203/8f8dc3de22b5e74a25d621cf8be46141.gif[/url]
    I don't remember that, was it in BBOS?

I'm firing up my bold just to take a look.
    12-02-21 09:30 PM
    I replaced the battery on my K1. It was not hard at all. I spent no more then 30 minutes from start to finish.
    How did you get the back off?
    12-02-21 09:30 PM
    I tried, I looked at the phones suggested and others, then I bought a battery off eBay. I just couldn't see myself with another phone.
    pooyam likes this.
    12-03-21 11:17 PM
    How did you get the back off?
    I used a guitar pick.
    Soapm likes this.
    12-04-21 02:33 AM
    I used a guitar pick.
    We'll give it a try, I think one comes with the battery.
    12-05-21 12:28 AM
    We'll give it a try, I think one comes with the battery.
    I used the one that came with the battery. Mine also came with a small Phillips screw driver. The screwdriver was too big and did not fit the screws very well. I have micro head screwdrivers in my tool box so it was no big deal. Just wanted you to be aware.
    12-05-21 01:12 AM
    Last I checked on this forum Key2 didn't have Wifi calling on TMO, which is why I'm still sticking to K1. I'd love be mistaken.
    12-12-21 03:41 PM
    Last I checked on this forum Key2 didn't have Wifi calling on TMO, which is why I'm still sticking to K1. I'd love be mistaken.
    Doesn't look like you can have Wifi calling on a Key2 which I need in my office where service is **** poor. Looks like I'll be sticking with my KeyOne and use the Key2 as my new backup. My other backups were a Bold 9900 and a Classic which are both about to be disabled.
    pooyam likes this.
    12-25-21 11:15 PM
    and use the Key2 as my new backup
    Already got a K2? or planning to
    12-26-21 12:07 AM
32 12