Part 3 of 5 in the Key2 teardown.

Key2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-25.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-26.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-27.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-28.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-29.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-30.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-31.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-32.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-33.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-34.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-35.jpgKey2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-36.jpg
    08-11-18 04:36 PM
    Thanks for capturing the camera sensors for me!
    08-11-18 08:18 PM
    Thanks for capturing the camera sensors for me!
    Any time. Is that the actual sensor? I don't know. If so, I found this, but didn't see the specific model on their site. Found some very similar, just not that one.

Q Technology - Dual camera
    08-11-18 11:12 PM
    Any time. Is that the actual sensor? I don't know. If so, I found this, but didn't see the specific model on their site. Found some very similar, just not that one.

Q Technology - Dual camera
    That's the same thing I found too. Interestingly they don't list any 12mp cameras. Also, it appears that they use Sony sensors. I believe someone had mentioned that it uses the same sensor as the global version of the Samsung S9+ the S5K2L3. But based on the picture you took and what Q Technology shows and that the specs of the camera don't match to that, I think it is a Sony sensor. I'm still trying to figure out exactly which one. Was thinking about contacting Q Technology and see if they could tell me lol.
    chetmanley likes this.
    08-12-18 10:02 AM
    That's the same thing I found too. Interestingly they don't list any 12mp cameras. Also, it appears that they use Sony sensors. I believe someone had mentioned that it uses the same sensor as the global version of the Samsung S9+ the S5K2L3. But based on the picture you took and what Q Technology shows and that the specs of the camera don't match to that, I think it is a Sony sensor. I'm still trying to figure out exactly which one. Was thinking about contacting Q Technology and see if they could tell me lol.
    Nice. Funny you say that...I reached out to Qtech for the spec sheet and this was the reply I just received:

"Would you pls share much more information about your company and project
    application /volume etc...

Then I will consign related sales to support your side .

Thanks for your inqiry !"
    08-12-18 10:42 PM
    Nice. Funny you say that...I reached out to Qtech for the spec sheet and this was the reply I just received:

"Would you pls share much more information about your company and project
    application /volume etc...

Then I will consign related sales to support your side .

Thanks for your inqiry !"
    FYI, I also asked BlackBerry and they told me that they have no further info to share other than what is already listed on their site. And then proceeded to quote the tech specs from their site.

So hard to get anyone to actually share full specs!
    mralgi likes this.
    08-24-18 08:07 AM
    Samsung sensors.
    Integrated in a "plug&play" module.
    Attached Thumbnails Key2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 3 of 5)-60003.jpg  
    chetmanley and Summer_Moon like this.
    08-27-18 04:30 PM
    Samsung sensors.
    Integrated in a "plug&play" module.
    Ah! Thank you! That was not on their site before, guess they must have uploaded it. Interesting that it has a 13mp sensor and blackberry says 2 12mp cameras
    08-27-18 06:11 PM
    FYI, the Vivo X21 also uses the same 12mp main camera sensor S5K2L9. And looking at the reviews for the camera it has the same complaints as the Key2. So I think we're looking at a bad camera sensor and stuck with the quality we have. I don't think blackberry will be able to do anything more with the software.
    08-27-18 06:19 PM
    So if it is truly plug n play, is someone going to generously attempt to put in another sensor that fits for the benefit of the Crackberry community?!
    08-27-18 07:51 PM
    I said "plug&play" but it was more a way of telling that it's easier for a phone manufacturer to use that kind of modules instead of designing the whole dual-camera thing (space between sensors, connectors...). No swap would be possible as it would require different drivers & software to handle it.
    rs87 likes this.
    08-28-18 01:37 AM