11-01-18 10:41 PM
34 12
tools
    Here is the space bar, detached from the keyboard. To reinstall, just click it back into place.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 1 of 5)-14.jpg  
    Summer_Moon and valer466 like this.
    09-10-18 08:54 PM
    thanks for this! I have a slightly cracked screen would a full disassembly back to front be required for just the screen swap? Any tips would be appreciated otherwise I'll follow the instructions in their L2 Repair doc. Thanks in advance.
    09-18-18 12:54 PM
    thanks for this! I have a slightly cracked screen would a full disassembly back to front be required for just the screen swap? Any tips would be appreciated otherwise I'll follow the instructions in their L2 Repair doc. Thanks in advance.
    Hey Jcrutchvt2010

L2 Repair doc? Do you have a link?

I think the only way to access the display ribbon connector on the motherboard is from the back side.
    09-19-18 11:26 AM
    Thats neat how the frame looks like it was cnc'd out of a wee aluminum block
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-04-18 05:12 PM
    Looking to do a screen repair myself, as my screen has completely lost it's touch abilities (no response or feedback from any touch to the screen).
    10-31-18 06:59 PM
    Looking to do a screen repair myself, as my screen has completely lost it's touch abilities (no response or feedback from any touch to the screen).
    Why not contact BBMo for a warranty replacement?
    10-31-18 08:31 PM
    Why not contact BBMo for a warranty replacement?
    I already put in a support request, but since it's an int'l version (Dual-SIM), they need to get special approval to see "if" BlackBerry Mobile USA can repair it. I'm hoping for the best, but prepping for the worst. Phone is exactly the same as any other Key2 other than some software additions and the Internal memory, but thats how it is. This after literally having the phone for only 3 days.
    11-01-18 08:15 AM
    I already put in a support request, but since it's an int'l version (Dual-SIM), they need to get special approval to see "if" BlackBerry Mobile USA can repair it. I'm hoping for the best, but prepping for the worst. Phone is exactly the same as any other Key2 other than some software additions and the Internal memory, but thats how it is. This after literally having the phone for only 3 days.
    If you had an issue with say the second sim slot not reading the sim, then yeah I fully understand that BBMo USA wouldn't take it.

But aside from the sim card slot and maybe a few modem changes, the devices are completely identical.
    11-01-18 09:49 AM
    Agreed, and hence why I'm a bit upset at this ridiculousness, but I'll adhere to their policy and wait before make assumptions, however it's already not a good response.
    11-01-18 10:41 PM
34 12