Here is the space bar, detached from the keyboard. To reinstall, just click it back into place.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 Teardown - In Pictures (Part 1 of 5)-14.jpg  
    09-10-18 07:54 PM
    thanks for this! I have a slightly cracked screen would a full disassembly back to front be required for just the screen swap? Any tips would be appreciated otherwise I'll follow the instructions in their L2 Repair doc. Thanks in advance.
    poloandpearls likes this.
    09-18-18 11:54 AM
    thanks for this! I have a slightly cracked screen would a full disassembly back to front be required for just the screen swap? Any tips would be appreciated otherwise I'll follow the instructions in their L2 Repair doc. Thanks in advance.
    Hey Jcrutchvt2010

L2 Repair doc? Do you have a link?

I think the only way to access the display ribbon connector on the motherboard is from the back side.
    09-19-18 10:26 AM
    Thats neat how the frame looks like it was cnc'd out of a wee aluminum block
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-04-18 04:12 PM
    Looking to do a screen repair myself, as my screen has completely lost it's touch abilities (no response or feedback from any touch to the screen).
    poloandpearls likes this.
    10-31-18 05:59 PM
    Looking to do a screen repair myself, as my screen has completely lost it's touch abilities (no response or feedback from any touch to the screen).
    Why not contact BBMo for a warranty replacement?
    10-31-18 07:31 PM
    Why not contact BBMo for a warranty replacement?
    I already put in a support request, but since it's an int'l version (Dual-SIM), they need to get special approval to see "if" BlackBerry Mobile USA can repair it. I'm hoping for the best, but prepping for the worst. Phone is exactly the same as any other Key2 other than some software additions and the Internal memory, but thats how it is. This after literally having the phone for only 3 days.
    11-01-18 07:15 AM
    I already put in a support request, but since it's an int'l version (Dual-SIM), they need to get special approval to see "if" BlackBerry Mobile USA can repair it. I'm hoping for the best, but prepping for the worst. Phone is exactly the same as any other Key2 other than some software additions and the Internal memory, but thats how it is. This after literally having the phone for only 3 days.
    If you had an issue with say the second sim slot not reading the sim, then yeah I fully understand that BBMo USA wouldn't take it.

But aside from the sim card slot and maybe a few modem changes, the devices are completely identical.
    11-01-18 08:49 AM
    Agreed, and hence why I'm a bit upset at this ridiculousness, but I'll adhere to their policy and wait before make assumptions, however it's already not a good response.
    11-01-18 09:41 PM
    TY for the instructional
    12-30-20 03:10 PM
    did the spacebar work after? is there not a ribbon cable attached to the spacebar?
    04-15-21 06:33 PM
    Brave soul to do a teardown. I am familiar with the Bold Classic but these newer phones puzzle me.
    11-25-21 11:24 AM
    Of the two wires that run up along the side, one is white and the other is blue. Anyone know what those wires do? I had assumed it was for the vibrator but I broke the white wire and my mobile data stopped working. Anyone know where the antenna is on these?
    09-02-22 08:42 PM
    Of the two wires that run up along the side, one is white and the other is blue. Anyone know what those wires do? I had assumed it was for the vibrator but I broke the white wire and my mobile data stopped working. Anyone know where the antenna is on these?
    Those are data wires for wifi and mobile data. A repair shop that does micro soldering should be able to fix it. Where are you located?
    09-02-22 08:54 PM
    Those are data wires for wifi and mobile data. A repair shop that does micro soldering should be able to fix it. Where are you located?
    Aurora CO
    09-03-22 01:26 AM
    I figures it was for mobile data, the phone works except for mobile data but the new keyboard skips also. Press one key and you get 5 characters so I think I blew it all together. I dusted off the KeyOne.
    09-03-22 01:40 AM
    I figures it was for mobile data, the phone works except for mobile data but the new keyboard skips also. Press one key and you get 5 characters so I think I blew it all together. I dusted off the KeyOne.
    Sounds bad. Yeah maybe not worth trying to fix at this point.
    You may be able to sell for parts yet.
    09-03-22 06:36 AM
    Sounds bad. Yeah maybe not worth trying to fix at this point.
    You may be able to sell for parts yet.
    I'm guessing the keyboard is an easy fix by readjusting how it's in there but that antenna connector, I may just see if I can find somebody who does micro soldering but it's hard to know who to trust these days with so many flaky guys pretending to be professional. Though, they really can't make it any worse.

I went to KFC to get chicken last night and told the guy NO BREAST... What did I get, ALL BREAST.
    09-03-22 04:25 PM
    I'm guessing the keyboard is an easy fix by readjusting how it's in there but that antenna connector, I may just see if I can find somebody who does micro soldering but it's hard to know who to trust these days with so many flaky guys pretending to be professional. Though, they really can't make it any worse.

I went to KFC to get chicken last night and told the guy NO BREAST... What did I get, ALL BREAST.
    What's the problem?

Oh never mind, you're talking about chicken...
    Soapm likes this.
    09-03-22 05:17 PM

He probably thought he was doing you a favour, breast being inexplicably more expensive in the shops.
    09-03-22 09:45 PM
    He probably thought he was doing you a favour, breast being inexplicably more expensive in the shops.
    Maybe, but I'm more of a leg and thigh man.
    09-05-22 03:34 AM
    Maybe, but I'm more of a leg and thigh man.
    Well down here in Florida, the price is all inclusive as separating the parts would earn you a murder charge, even here......
    09-05-22 06:44 AM
47 12