Just to confirm, you are saying that Wifi calling works on:
    Rogers + key2 + oreo September update?

That's a glimmer of hope for all of us, and discredits claims of TCL or Blackberry have no plans to bring it back, which obviously makes no sense.

Also, in regard to a different wifi-calling thread claiming carriers want to move away from wifi calling, I disagree with that 100%. All 4 major carriers in the USA support it on iPhone, so they would have a significant outcry if they tried to pull it now. I feel that WiFi calling support is favorable to carriers because it allows their voice+text services operate without a disadvantage in weak coverage areas compared with IP based 3rd party Voice and text services. As many have said, when wifi calling support drops, people will switch to whatsapp, etc.

To put it another way, if I have Internet access, EVERYTHING on my device better work, and there's no excuses.
    Just to clarify WiFi calling in the states and carrier support. Carriers are happy to support enhanced services on carrier purchased (locked) devices. It’s not perfect as the AT&T carrier locked KEYone doesn’t support WiFi calling.

Factory unlocked devices haven’t been supported on USA carriers for the most part except for the iPhone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-17-18 07:40 PM
    Just to clarify WiFi calling in the states and carrier support. Carriers are happy to support enhanced services on carrier purchased (locked) devices. It’s not perfect as the AT&T carrier locked KEYone doesn’t support WiFi calling.

Factory unlocked devices haven’t been supported on USA carriers for the most part except for the iPhone.
    Wifi calling with Tmobile worked on my unlocked BB10 devices, on my unlocked Samsung S7, and my unlocked keyone. None of them purchased from tmobile.

I realize other carriers aren't (currently) as cool in that regard, but as more people discover wifi calling, carriers will be grow sick of the complaints from people bringing their own device, assuming it's the same variant.
    09-17-18 07:51 PM
    Wifi calling with Tmobile worked on my unlocked BB10 devices, on my unlocked Samsung S7, and my unlocked keyone. None of them purchased from tmobile.

I realize other carriers aren't (currently) as cool in that regard, but as more people discover wifi calling, carriers will be grow sick of the complaints from people bringing their own device, assuming it's the same variant.
    Sure. OK.. That’s why it seems that even T-Mobile will slowly change as it has to support a merger to rival Sprint. If carriers really were bothered with complaints, they’d stop all their complaint generating policies. Carriers are businesses not charities.
    09-17-18 08:26 PM
    This thread has just passed the "Sign Post." The Key2 working at Rogers is a carrier approved phone. Not factory unlocked. 95% of factory unlocked phones have WFC on T-Mo USA. All other USA carriers generally will not support factory unlocked phones for WFC. AT&T will support iPhones. That is about it.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    09-17-18 08:53 PM
    Complain all you want. Except for the iPhone, carriers in the US don't give a flying rat's patootie about providing any advanced features to any phone not purchased from the carrier.

T-Mobile appears to be more lenient, but forget about it if AT&T or Verizon.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    09-18-18 01:04 AM
    Complain all you want. Except for the iPhone, carriers in the US don't give a flying rat's patootie about providing any advanced features to any phone not purchased from the carrier.

T-Mobile appears to be more lenient, but forget about it if AT&T or Verizon.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    T-Mo has had WFC since I remember, even back when you needed a piece of hardware on the phone for it to work: mostly Blackberry, but I believe there was one Nokia. (Of course, those were T-Mo specific phones). That was back when their coverage was really terrible. For me, it's become essential. And there's no reason anyone shouldn't have it on an expensive handset.
    09-18-18 09:50 AM
56 123