Have used bb phones since 2007 so I'm no newbie, key2 give 10 - 11 hrs max. Not sure where this 2 days batt is from... my keyone worked better with apps than this pH does and it was at times as slow and froze up just like the classic did... the key2 WiFi Antena sucks big-time and the os is not as friendly as the keyone and I ha ve heard it from slot of people, cell service is just as bad as the keyone, keyone always had terrible service. Camera is great and keyboard. But the rest is a thumbs down.
    09-03-18 06:34 PM
    You seem to have the complete opposite opinion of most. You love the keyboard and camera, but hate everything else? Something off here lol

09-03-18 06:44 PM
    IMO keyone has better design and keyboard layout. I prefer keyone’s camera over k2 but key2 performance is definitely a lot better than k1. I really want to see some quality phone by BB. It’s probably never going to happen but we’ll see.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-03-18 07:17 PM
    I really want to see some quality phone by BB. It’s probably never going to happen but we’ll see.
    We can all keep dreaming, can't we? 😉
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-03-18 07:34 PM
    IMO keyone has better design and keyboard layout. I prefer keyone’s camera over k2 but key2 performance is definitely a lot better than k1. I really want to see some quality phone by BB. It’s probably never going to happen but we’ll see.
    But what is your definition of quality? Is it high end specs and camera along with a high end price? I don't see that happening anytime soon. People that live by high end specs don't want a keyboard getting in their way in my opinion.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-03-18 08:16 PM
    But what is your definition of quality? Is it high end specs and camera along with a high end price? I don't see that happening anytime soon. People that live by high end specs don't want a keyboard getting in their way in my opinion.
    Quality like good speaker, screen, mic, Bluetooth, keyboard, camera. I mean these are basic components we want to see improvement every year. How can a 4 years old blackberry passport has better screen, speaker, mic, keyboard. I know key2 definitely has better camera and more newer Bluetooth chipset but what about the rest?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-03-18 09:01 PM
    Quality like good speaker, screen, mic, Bluetooth, keyboard, camera. I mean these are basic components we want to see improvement every year. How can a 4 years old blackberry passport has better screen, speaker, mic, keyboard. I know key2 definitely has better camera and more newer Bluetooth chipset but what about the rest?
    Agree that the speakers on the Passport were the best in class and to this day I've yet to hear ANY phone that has better speakers. Screen better on the Passport? No especially when you take into account watching a video on the Passport it was not much bigger than a postage stamp. You can't compare the Keytwo keyboard to the Passport as they are two different animals with regards to layout and size. In my opinion the feel of the Passport keys is closer to the Keyone. Overall I prefer the Keytwo keyboard over either the Keyone or Passport. I personally have not experienced poor signal or poor call quality (at least to my knowledge!) on either of these phones.
    09-03-18 09:22 PM
    Fully enjoying my KEY² but let's say that the upgrade in some departments is not as it should be I agree and sometimes not there at all. The single speaker on the KEY² for example is a disappointment and there is absolutely no excuse for that. There should be no need for a KEY³, it should all have been there ( dual speakers, screen, better mike, improved camera maybe). Pricing is no excuse.
    09-04-18 12:48 AM
    Bluetooth was better on the Passport...never had bluetooth dropping when I put the Passport in a pocket. Key 2 has to be held in front of me above my waist when outside in the city to maintain connection.
    09-04-18 12:56 AM
    I call user error. Op saying the os is less friendly than key1 doesn't make a lot of sense.

Call quality on key2 is excellent.

Battery life is even better than key1. Might wanna trouble shoot some badly coded apps.

A lot of people complaining about specs probably shouldn't be buying a key2. This is a phone for serious people who know what they are getting into when they buy it.
    09-04-18 01:34 AM
    Bizarre to say that keyone has better design and keyboard layout.
    09-04-18 01:35 AM
    You can't compare the Keytwo keyboard to the Passport as they are two different animals with regards to layout and size. In my opinion the feel of the Passport keys is closer to the Keyone.
    So the Passport's huge matte finish keys are closer to the KEYone's small glossy keys than they are to the KEY2's bigger matte keys?

09-04-18 02:35 AM
    You seem to have the complete opposite opinion of most. You love the keyboard and camera, but hate everything else? Something off here lol

I thought the complaint was basically the camera but the keyboard is where it's at, right?
    09-04-18 02:38 AM

OP use only BB since 2007, of course he's gonna love the camera and keyboard lol, he'll better be though
    09-04-18 02:40 AM
    Not really a fair comparison considering they were manufactured by two totally different companies with different outlooks on how hardware should be built.
    09-04-18 02:45 AM
    Have used bb phones since 2007 so I'm no newbie, key2 give 10 - 11 hrs max. Not sure where this 2 days batt is from... my keyone worked better with apps than this pH does and it was at times as slow and froze up just like the classic did... the key2 WiFi Antena sucks big-time and the os is not as friendly as the keyone and I ha ve heard it from slot of people, cell service is just as bad as the keyone, keyone always had terrible service. Camera is great and keyboard. But the rest is a thumbs down.
    Sorry to hear about your issues. Most of the people who have this device are extremely happy with the performance .
    09-04-18 08:56 AM
    I find it continually amazing that people are comparing this device to a device or devices that BlackBerry made a few years ago. BlackBerry is not making these phones, its been discussed numerous times. The only thing they are doing is providing the software.

TCL is going to continue to make a cheaper phone and charge a premium for it as that is the only way they are going to turn a profit on these devices due to the small demand. They can't afford to put these high end specs in the phone because it would drive the price up too much and even fewer people would be want to purchase them.
    falbo, app_Developer and TCM01 like this.
    09-05-18 04:10 AM
    I find it continually amazing that people are comparing this device to a device or devices that BlackBerry made a few years ago. BlackBerry is not making these phones, its been discussed numerous times. The only thing they are doing is providing the software.

TCL is going to continue to make a cheaper phone and charge a premium for it as that is the only way they are going to turn a profit on these devices due to the small demand. They can't afford to put these high end specs in the phone because it would drive the price up too much and even fewer people would be want to purchase them.
    Price is one of the biggest concerns, which is why I think the KEY2 LE will easily outsell the KEY2
    09-05-18 04:28 AM
    What planet are you on? The camera being great or even good is demonstrably, and utterly false. The OS is essentially the same as the Key One just with minor changes.

I have yet to have any issues with reception or the WiFi antenna though.
    09-05-18 08:17 AM
    Price is one of the biggest concerns, which is why I think the KEY2 LE will easily outsell the KEY2
    I agree. I think the LE has the potential to be BlackBerry Mobile's best-selling phone, especially if they are able to launch it with some big carriers.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-05-18 08:50 AM
    I didn't even read the post, topic title was descriptive enough. Yet another slanderous thread, nothing new here.
    09-05-18 10:08 AM

Yes, old and new BB phones are manufactured by two companies.

But most likely TCL took the old BB phone team, especially before the KEY2 launch, the twitter indicating KEY2 was from a western guy. And only old BB phone team had the experiences with keyboard. It is very unlikely that TCL solely designed the phone by their Chinese team.
    09-05-18 10:22 AM
    OP never came back. Likely trollin'.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-05-18 11:55 AM
    I have to say that I am quite surprised by your comments.

My Wifi works great. My cell works great. My phone usually only gets put on the charger when I go to bed. The OS was an easy change from my PRIV. My phone has locked up once and I think it was an app getting silly.

I have to say this is the. Best blackberry I have had and I have had them for (I think) 20 years now.

Is it possible to have a bad unit or some misbehaving apps?

..Tom
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-05-18 12:16 PM
    I have the Key2 on Sasktel and it gets a stronger LTE signal than a S6,Priv,P10,MotoZ and Mate10Pro.Only phones i've had that pulled in a better signal was a Classic & Passport.
    09-12-18 09:23 PM
46 12