I have tried with iPhoneX and Samsung newest models....but I just cannot.... I reverted to Blackberry Key2..... There are just some features that are UNIQUE (with some exceptions) to this incredible device....
    Yes, by todays standards Camera and processors Key2 is behind newer phones...but this features are AWESOME:
    -Keyboard
    -Speed Key (my favourite)
    -Integrated Locker feature
    -Integrated Split screen feature
    -Integrated Screen Pinning feature
    -probbably Most secure device (very hard to root)
    -Led Lamp for notifications (fully customisable)
    -Convenience key

For me, still best smartphone on market, and I will keep using it for as long as possible / untill and IF key3 comes out...
    Last edited by PsihoKey2; 06-13-20 at 12:48 PM.
    06-13-20 10:18 AM
    I have tried with iPhoneX and Samsung newest models....but I just cannot.... I reverted to Blackberry Key2..... There are just some features that are UNIQUE (with some exceptions) to this incredible device....
    Yes, by todays standards Camera and processors Key2 is behind newer phones...but this features are AWESOME:
    -Keyboard
    -Speed Key (my favourite)
    -Integrated Locker feature
    -Integrated Split screen feature
    -Integrated Screen Pinning feature
    -probbably Most secure device (very hard to root)
    -Led Lamp for notifications (fully customisable)

For me, still best smartphone on market, and I will keep using it for as long as possible / untill and IF key3 comes out...
    The only unique feature from your list is the keyboard/speedkey. But that alone is enough of a differentiator for those pkb diehards.

The others can all be easily replicated on other platforms - including always on edge-lighting and file/app vaults. Split screen and pinning are simply standard Android features.

As far as security, even a hardened (but unpatched) Oreo is still no match for a patched Android 10/11.

I was hoping to be able to keep my KEY² until the end of the summer before replacing it, but if we don't see a sign of another patch in the next couple of weeks, we will be beyond the 90 day safety period. Rooting is only one small piece of the security picture.

It's been a great couple of years though.
    Last edited by conite; 06-13-20 at 11:41 AM.
    rarsen and John Albert like this.
    06-13-20 10:32 AM
    The only unique feature from your list is the keyboard/speedkey. But that alone is enough of a differentiator for those pkb diehards.

The others can all be easily replicated on other platforms - including always on edge-lighting and file/app vaults. Split screen and pinning are simply standard Android features.

As far as security, even a hardened (but unpatched) Oreo is still no match for a patched Android 10/11.

I was hoping to be able to keep my KEY² until the end of the summer before replacing it, but if we don't see a sign of another patch in the next couple of weeks, we will be beyond the 90 day safety period. Rooting is only one small piece of the security picture.

With speed key, and great keyboard,
    Locker as integrated secure valut is also unique Feature...
    Convenience key is Awesome too!
    Last edited by PsihoKey2; 06-13-20 at 12:48 PM.
    06-13-20 11:53 AM
    With speed key, and great keyboard,
    Locker as integrated secure valut is also unique Feature...
    Yes, I mentioned keyboard/speedkey was unique.

Check out AppLock by DoMobile. There are a number of others too.

https://www.androidauthority.com/bes...ndroid-874510/
    06-13-20 11:59 AM
    Yes, I mentioned keyboard/speedkey was unique.

Check out AppLock by DoMobile. There are a number of others too.
    Yes, I know for many applocks, and tried various...but all of them can be preety easily overriden , without exception....
    Best I know is from SPsoft applock fingerprint .
    However,
    Locker cannot be tricked, force stopped nor you can find files kept inside it. Truly best secure feature I know of...
    06-13-20 12:02 PM
    Yes, I know for many applocks, and tried various...but all of them can be preety easily overriden , without exception....
    Best I know is from SPsoft applock fingerprint .
    However,
    Locker cannot be tricked, force stopped nor you can find files kept inside it. Truly best secure feature I know of...
    The TCL Locker is just for convenience, it's not really very secure - there is no encryption.

And no, not "all others" can be "easily overridden".
    06-13-20 12:11 PM
    The TCL Locker is just for convenience, it's not really very secure - there is no encryption.

BBMo hardware and BBAndroid software will be remembered more fondly than reality. Like wearing rum goggles in the bar..

In the morning and minus the kept hair, makeup, sure am glad that I won't remember her too much I as I exit quietly.

Better switch bars tonight.....
    06-13-20 12:25 PM

What do you suggest as a post KEY2 secure Android device?
    06-13-20 12:41 PM
    What do you suggest as a post KEY2 secure Android device?
    Pixel, Android One (Nokia), or Samsung.

I'm eyeing the Nokia 8.3 5G.
    Last edited by conite; 06-13-20 at 12:54 PM.
    Alfista83 and John Albert like this.
    06-13-20 12:43 PM

I figured you would go for the Nokia.

I'm still pondering between iPhone SE and last years 7.2 https://pdaplaza.ca/collections/nokia
    John Albert likes this.
    06-13-20 01:24 PM
    I figured you would go for the Nokia.

I'm still pondering between iPhone SE and last years 7.2 https://pdaplaza.ca/collections/nokia
    I just figure if I'm committing for another two years, I'd like to have 5G. Particularly since you don't have to break the bank to do it. Even the upcoming 7.3 will have it.
    06-13-20 01:30 PM
    I just figure if I'm committing for another two years, I'd like to have 5G. Particularly since you don't have to break the bank to do it. Even the upcoming 7.3 will have it.
    I don't even think we will have 5G in my area for another 2 years!
    06-13-20 01:32 PM

What about the Titan?
    06-13-20 01:34 PM
    What about the Titan?
    Lol.

I'm assuming you've seen my posts around here enough that you'd be joking.

But if not, I would not entrust my client data to a Chinese Kickstarter phone. Nor can I spend as much time typing as I do now on a device that weighs more than my laptop.
    Alfista83 likes this.
    06-13-20 01:34 PM
    You think the Titan is poor?
    06-13-20 01:36 PM
    I don't even think we will have 5G in my area for another 2 years!
    I think 2021 will see very rapid deployment.
    06-13-20 01:38 PM
    You think the Titan is poor?
    I tested one for a couple of months. It's an interesting hobbyist phone, but I would never seriously contemplate it as a daily driver.
    06-13-20 01:39 PM
    Yeah having read posts I have concluded it has a poor camera and keyboard plus it's not professional enough yet
    06-13-20 01:41 PM
    I tested one for a couple of months. It's an interesting hobbyist phone, but I would never seriously contemplate it as a daily driver.
    I've got the Atom L coming (should be here shortly) but that is just for sport (literally and figuratively lol). Should be good for the fishing trips.
    06-13-20 01:46 PM
    ...if we don't see a sign of another patch in the next couple of weeks, we will be beyond the 90 day safety period.
    Speak of the devil. ACQ160 just appeared on deck for the KEY². Looks like I'll be able to reach the end of the summer with my KEY² after all.
    Last edited by conite; 06-13-20 at 06:44 PM.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-13-20 06:33 PM
    Speak of the devil. ACQ160 just appeared on deck for the KEY². Looks like I'll be able to reach the end of the summer with my KEY² after all.
    Any hopes for the Indian variant?
    06-13-20 10:57 PM
    Any hopes for the Indian variant?
    I wouldn't hold my breath.
    06-13-20 10:57 PM
    I own both a key2 and iPhone 11 and the key2 can't even compare to the iPhone 11 which is light years ahead of the key2. Don't get me wrong I love blackberry but they just don't compare. If blackberry launched a new bold with top specs and cameras it would out sell all other devices.
    06-14-20 01:18 PM
    I own both a key2 and iPhone 11 and the key2 can't even compare to the iPhone 11 which is light years ahead of the key2. Don't get me wrong I love blackberry but they just don't compare. If blackberry launched a new bold with top specs and cameras it would out sell all other devices.
    No it wouldn't. Too small with a PKB is a recipe to fail.
    06-14-20 01:20 PM
    No it wouldn't. Too small with a PKB is a recipe to fail.
    Agreed it wouldn't sell out but it's clear some hangers on who post here would go for it. I know I would. It's a familiar form factor for many BlackBerry users, coupled with a modern OS...if a weird device like the Titan has a nice, am certain a smaller BlackDroid device would too.
    06-14-20 01:33 PM
29 12