About a year into my black K2....spacebar is suddenly not working consistently. Any thoughts on how to clean ?
    07-10-19 05:10 PM
    About a year into my black K2....spacebar is suddenly not working consistently. Any thoughts on how to clean ?
    Suddenly as in just today it misses spaces?

I wonder if it could be software related.

Try using SwiftKey instead of BB's keyboard app
    07-10-19 05:14 PM
    There are other threads that suggest using compressed air technique. It worked for them.
    I wasn’t too brave so sold mine when the spacebar started having issues.
    chain13 likes this.
    07-10-19 07:23 PM
    Umm...this gives me pause like I need to return mine in the return window. Why can't we get a decent working BlackBerry without all the quality control BS.

Sorry that's happening to you. I'd try the above suggestions. Let us know how it turns out.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-10-19 09:18 PM
    I just got mine replace (via-warranty) last week
    07-10-19 09:23 PM
    I just got mine replace (via-warranty) last week
    It seems like every key2 needs to be replaced eventually. Smh
    07-10-19 09:38 PM
    If that were the case, I wonder why this hasn't made headlines and a fiasco like the original Silver KEYone screen lift...

Unlike those units built before July 10th, 2017 that have, or will have their screen detach at some point, the KEY2's spacebar issues are much more random and less predictable, with no discernable pattern
    07-10-19 10:42 PM
    actually might true. the warranty centre told me, I am not the only one. and BlackBerry has told them the replacement batch of kb will be better in-built and quality
    07-10-19 11:23 PM
    actually might true. the warranty centre told me, I am not the only one. and BlackBerry has told them the replacement batch of kb will be better in-built and quality
    Why can't they get the quality control right? They've had major issues on both the premium keys.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-10-19 11:44 PM
    If that were the case, I wonder why this hasn't made headlines and a fiasco like the original Silver KEYone screen lift...

Unlike those units built before July 10th, 2017 that have, or will have their screen detach at some point, the KEY2's spacebar issues are much more random and less predictable, with no discernable pattern
    It's pretty well documented . The pkb is the biggest draw to this device, I just don't understand why they can't get this right.
    the_boon and anon(10387168) like this.
    07-10-19 11:46 PM
    It's pretty well documented . The pkb is the biggest draw to this device, I just don't understand why they can't get this right.
    They did... with the Red Edition and much later batches, but they're hard to find.

But I agree, this should have never happened to begin with. Never ever. PKB is the main reason to buy a KEYBerry, period.
    chain13 likes this.
    07-11-19 12:05 AM
    They did... with the Red Edition and much later batches, but they're hard to find.

But I agree, this should have never happened to begin with. Never ever. PKB is the main reason to buy a KEYBerry, period.
    I don't even necessarily like red, but I buy one just for the fixed pkb.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-11-19 12:12 AM
    Why can't they get the quality control right? They've had major issues on both the premium keys.
    past is past... nothing much could be done... enjoy what u have... just walk a little longer hahahaha
    07-11-19 01:32 AM
    I don't even necessarily like red, but I buy one just for the fixed pkb.
    Same here
    07-11-19 01:41 AM
    I tried the compressed air. Thought it worked initially but it was maybe just a placebo effect. Cant return mine anymore so I'm just sticking with it. It's not great but turning off autocorrect helps. Istill end up with double spaces and stuck words (like that!) But its functional.
    07-11-19 09:45 AM
    Does anyone recall the manufacturing date when they switched over to the better keyboard design? I assume anything assembled after May 2018 probably has the newer revision?
    07-11-19 10:35 AM
    My launch day device is still chugging along like a champ. Just hit or miss I guess.
    07-11-19 11:06 AM
    Does anyone recall the manufacturing date when they switched over to the better keyboard design? I assume anything assembled after May 2018 probably has the newer revision?
    I thought I heard March or April of this year somewhere on one of these forums but I'm probably wrong.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-11-19 11:12 AM
    Lol May 2018 didn't even have any retail KEY2's being built.

March 2019 and onward should have the keyboard/spacebar revisions
    07-11-19 11:33 AM
    My launch day device is still chugging along like a champ. Just hit or miss I guess.
    Hit or miss is still bad enough on a 600$ phone. Too many people with these issues
    07-11-19 01:08 PM
    Hit or miss is still bad enough on a 600$ phone. Too many people with these issues
    I have to agree with you here
    07-11-19 01:14 PM
    Lol May 2018 didn't even have any retail KEY2's being built.
    To be honest, it was just a random date as an example. I know in my case my KEY2 indicates a tractability date of 20180901, so it looks like it was assembled in Sept?
    07-11-19 02:01 PM
    To be honest, it was just a random date as an example. I know in my case my KEY2 indicates a tractability date of 20180901, so it looks like it was assembled in Sept?
    Yes, that would be September 1st, because it definitely can't be January 9th of 2018 lol
    07-11-19 02:06 PM
    Cost of a device doesn't really mean much. The same scenario spans across every market.

- Bought a PS4 launch day - DOA.
    - My Uncle bought a new Range Rover few years ago - Motor blew 3 days off the lot.
    - MacBook Pro Keyboards these days - So bad Apple already includes the newly released just the other day ones in their keyboard exchange program because they assume they'll have issues.

As for 'too many people' well, those with issues and who are here are obviously going to post about them. Just like everything in my list, if you go looking, you're going to find a number of people with issues.

It would be interesting to actual issue reports from BlackBerry Mobile. Sold vs. those who had issues and what the ratio is but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that.

Long story short, the cost of something doesn't mean the person who did the QA on it didn't slack off on Friday or Monday.
    07-11-19 02:54 PM
    Cost of a device doesn't really mean much. The same scenario spans across every market.

- Bought a PS4 launch day - DOA.
    - My Uncle bought a new Range Rover few years ago - Motor blew 3 days off the lot.
    - MacBook Pro Keyboards these days - So bad Apple already includes the newly released just the other day ones in their keyboard exchange program because they assume they'll have issues.

As for 'too many people' well, those with issues and who are here are obviously going to post about them. Just like everything in my list, if you go looking, you're going to find a number of people with issues.

It would be interesting to actual issue reports from BlackBerry Mobile. Sold vs. those who had issues and what the ratio is but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that.

Long story short, the cost of something doesn't mean the person who did the QA on it didn't slack off on Friday or Monday.
    You do make a point, but the PKB should be structurally perfect.

Spacebar reports weren't a one-off issue, there were multiple reports of them, although of course not nearly as bad as early Silver KEYone screen lifts.

Still, BBMo should have halted the assembly lines and revised all models still being built as soon as the first reports came in about loose/wobbly/rattly spacebars, and not 8 months later with batches that are nearly impossible to find.
    And for them to have seen those reports, yes they should have dedicated someone to lurk around these forums periodically in the launch month and take note of any issues that people would be having.
    Byrese and anon(10387168) like this.
    07-11-19 04:26 PM
31 12