Hello guys,

My key2 spacebar kinda stopped working today. Basically, it won't work 100%. Space bar left side works 100% but center/right spot works maybe 30%. I reboot my phone and clear the cache for BlackBerry keyboard but no go. Any solution? This is first time I am having issue with blackberry keyboard.
    11-13-18 11:44 AM
    Whats not working the fingerprint sensor or the actual space bar?
    11-13-18 12:15 PM
    Really sorry to hear about your problem
    Spacebar and camera are the main problems that are holding me back from buying Key2
    Also seen in Google more other members facing this problem.
    Already the spacebar button experience is horrible according to me. The fact that it clicks different than other keys itself puts the quality control in question.
    Worst design to make the spacebar loose just for the sake of fingerscan.
    Highly appreciate apple that it doesn't give half baked feature.
    I see no reason why it has to be wobbly.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 12:18 PM
    Whats not working the fingerprint sensor or the actual space bar?
    Actual spacebar. finger print works fine.
    11-13-18 12:19 PM
    Have you tried to contact BlackBerry? Usually the problem is the sensor not the key itself. Sounds like a faulty phone.
    11-13-18 12:28 PM
    Really sorry to hear about your problem
    Spacebar and camera are the main problems that are holding me back from buying Key2
    Also seen in Google more other members facing this problem.
    Already the spacebar button experience is horrible according to me. The fact that it clicks different than other keys itself puts the quality control in question.
    Worst design to make the spacebar loose just for the sake of fingerscan.
    Highly appreciate apple that it doesn't give half baked feature.
    I see no reason why it has to be wobbly.

Posted via CB10
    Spacebar click sound and wobbly keyboard doesn't bother me much but I wonder what is causing my issue.
    11-13-18 12:29 PM
    Spacebar click sound and wobbly keyboard doesn't bother me much but I wonder what is causing my issue.
    Yes as long as it works it's fine, but when I see such messages, it scares me!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 12:30 PM
    Luckily, I got keyone as a backup. It's really frustrating when the space doesn't register 100%.
    11-13-18 12:33 PM
    Luckily, I got keyone as a backup. It's really frustrating when the space doesn't register 100%.
    Contact the retailer where you got it from and get an exchange, period.
    11-13-18 12:39 PM
    Contact the retailer where you got it from and get an exchange, period.
    I have to go through BBMO directly because it was purchased from Best Buy.
    11-13-18 12:57 PM
    I have to go through BBMO directly because it was purchased from Best Buy.
    You can't go to Best Buy directly ?
    11-13-18 01:05 PM
    You can't go to Best Buy directly ?
    You can't if it after 30 days. You have to go the manufacturer.
    11-13-18 01:07 PM
    You can't if it after 30 days. You have to go the manufacturer.
    Did you open up a ticket with BBMo yet?
    11-13-18 01:09 PM
    Did you open up a ticket with BBMo yet?
    Not yet. I will try to clean my keyboard before I reach out to them. Maybe there could be built up dirt.
    11-13-18 01:12 PM
    Not yet. I will try to clean my keyboard before I reach out to them. Maybe there could be built up dirt.
    So you said it enters a space 100% of the time when you hit the left side, and 30% when you hit the center. What about the right side of the button?
    11-13-18 01:14 PM
    So you said it enters a space 100% of the time when you hit the left side, and 30% when you hit the center. What about the right side of the button?
    everything else works perfectly fine. Only spacebar doesn't register 100%. I don't have auto correction turn on so I have to go back and try to enter space again.
    11-13-18 01:17 PM
    He mentioned 30% for both centre and right
    Scary! As I also experienced the difference when I received the handset.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 01:17 PM
    Btw any possible water damage?
    I had the same for a short while and it was gone in a few days. There's a chance that anything that's physically blocking the keyboard will move somewhere.
    You can wait of if you feel adventurous, you can try to clean the space key with a paper edge, but be very careful. There's a post on this forum of disassembly of a key2, can be useful to see if there's any risk of trying to clean it.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-13-18 05:05 PM
    Btw any possible water damage?
    I had the same for a short while and it was gone in a few days. There's a chance that anything that's physically blocking the keyboard will move somewhere.
    You can wait of if you feel adventurous, you can try to clean the space key with a paper edge, but be very careful. There's a post on this forum of disassembly of a key2, can be useful to see if there's any risk of trying to clean it.
    I doubt I have water damage. I won't disassemble myself because it would avoid the warranty.
    11-13-18 05:12 PM
    I had exactly the same thing happen to my Silver Key2 a few months ago - I done long restarts, all kind of things, etc with no luck
    I got in touch with Blackberry Mobile on witter and they opened up a Support Ticket, and had to send the phone out for repair and in a few weeks I got it back with a new Keypad placed and (to this day) works fine. Looks like a common issue I'm afraid that needs a Repair company to fix it
    Side Note: Are you based in the UK? I can at least pass on the details of the company that fixed mine, if Blackberry Mobile can't help you
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-13-18 05:39 PM
    I had exactly the same thing happen to my Silver Key2 a few months ago - I done long restarts, all kind of things, etc with no luck
    I got in touch with Blackberry Mobile on witter and they opened up a Support Ticket, and had to send the phone out for repair and in a few weeks I got it back with a new Keypad placed and (to this day) works fine. Looks like a common issue I'm afraid that needs a Repair company to fix it
    Side Note: Are you based in the UK? I can at least pass on the details of the company that fixed mine, if Blackberry Mobile can't help you
    I am from US but thanks anyway. I'll reach out to them if cleaner doesn't resolve the issue.
    11-13-18 05:44 PM
    I am from US but thanks anyway. I'll reach out to them if cleaner doesn't resolve the issue.
    Was there an improvement?
    11-16-18 01:39 PM
    Was there an improvement?
    Yes it did improve the space bar registration but still not 100%. I am not sure if there is residue sitting underneath the space bar or space bar is just bad. I used alcohol and air canned spray but I may have to clean them one more time.
    11-16-18 01:44 PM
    Yes it did improve the space bar registration but still not 100%. I am not sure if there is residue sitting underneath the space bar or space bar is just bad. I used alcohol and air canned spray but I may have to clean them one more time.
    I have the same problem. When will the space button be sold as spare parts?
    11-16-18 01:46 PM
    I have the same problem. When will the space button be sold as spare parts?
    I would try to contact bbmo and get a replacement. That's my plan if it doesn't work.
    11-16-18 01:53 PM
89 123 ...