So I bought a Key2 from Amazon. I love the phone minus the spacebar on it. It's loose compared to the other keys and when I brush my thumb over it, it makes noises.

Amazon said I could return it but they can't issue an exchange. They followed that by telling me to contact BlackBerry if I want an exchange but I've heard horror stories about BlackBerry's customer service.

Is this a common issue with the Key2 and how has your experience with BlackBerry's customer service?
    12-12-18 08:38 PM
    I got a KEY2 from Amazon about a week ago and it's been great. How would you define loose? My spacebar is not as tight as the rest of they keys, but it's fine. It still works and is satisfactory to me, so to me, it's not worth the trouble of returning.

How long does Amazon give you to return the device?
    12-12-18 11:48 PM
    If the looseness really bothers you (kind of bothered my OCD enough to make me switch to the LE) then just return it to Amazon and either purchase another one which could have a solid spacebar or an LE (if you still want the keyboard).
    12-13-18 06:41 AM
    ditto here. space key loosely fitted as compared to the rest n makes this irritating tick tick sound whenever I touch it or typing like it's gonna drop off anytime.
    12-17-18 08:33 PM
    ditto here. space key loosely fitted as compared to the rest n makes this irritating tick tick sound whenever I touch it or typing like it's gonna drop off anytime.
    Maybe get a warranty replacement ?

I know I would
    12-17-18 09:39 PM
    The spacebar gets better over time. you just have to use it for some time to wear it a bit
    12-18-18 02:39 AM
    If you are in amazon window, return it.
    The spacebar is not consistent with all devices.

Alternative b press fairly hard on both ends at the same time. Some have reported that "sets" the key.

But if it really bugs you the only choice is to return and get another. I would not send to BlackBerry.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-18-18 05:08 AM
    If you want a matte keyboard whose spacebar clicks and sounds almost the same as the other keys, go for a KEY2 LE. That spacebar just has a more confident click, just like the KEYone's.

Unless... you have Conite's KEY2 which apparently has a perfect spacebar.

I know I'm too OCD for this stuff so I'll settle with the LE until the next gen PKB's are out
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-18-18 10:27 AM
    Mine is from Amazon too and has a perfect space bar. Luck of the draw I guess.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    12-18-18 11:20 AM
    If you are in amazon window, return it.
    The spacebar is not consistent with all devices.

Alternative b press fairly hard on both ends at the same time. Some have reported that "sets" the key.

But if it really bugs you the only choice is to return and get another. I would not send to BlackBerry.
    I bought my Key2 off amazon back around September. The spacebar click never bothered me, matter of fact, I don't notice it enough for it to bother me. However, this morning I noticed that my spacebar wasn't inserting a space when I pressed it with my primary finger....my right thumb. Big problemo for me. The left side of the spacebar worked fine.
    I used this technique you suggested - pressing firmly on both sides of the spacebar to re-seat it.
    Works now!
    I'll keep an eye on it and report back if it fails again. If it does, I guess I'll be joining others in the TCL replacement device nightmare.
    01-12-19 09:14 AM
    same issue here, but just did the press firmly on both side of spacebar as suggested above and it seems to help...Thanks! it is still different than the other keys but otherwise works perfectly for me, so I'm not going to worry about it, I'll get used to it
    01-12-19 09:39 AM
    I've owned two KEY2 's and the first is as you described but it worked fine. The Second KEY2 was loose and overly sensitive so that when typing I would get spaces breaking up words I was trying to type. As long as it does not affect the typing accuracy and functions properly then this is what you have to settle for with the KEY2.
    01-12-19 10:24 AM
    This is just really annoying to deal with, for a device whose primary selling point is the keyboard.

BBMo better be taking notes... or maybe they already did which is why the LE has a perfect spacebar.

I'm surprised newly built KEY2's don't have a totally different spacebar build though, making for identical click just like the LE / K1
    01-12-19 07:05 PM
    I must either be lucky, special, or I live right... hahaha My spacebar key is not loose/wobbly and I don't experience any of the issues some complain about. Yes, it was clicky when I first got it but it settled in nicely and no more clicking after hammering out a ton of emails and texts on Messenger, WhatsApp, and BBM.

Oh... and my fingerprint sensor works just fine too. Unlocks my device every time.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-12-19 at 07:57 PM.
    01-12-19 07:34 PM