Mine just started acting up with the last keyboard update. I'm in the beta group and it may be a beta version. I didn't look. But anyway I got this key2 last August and the spacebar has been perfect. Also note that when the spacebar is pressed and no space is made there is still clicking physically. No difference in the feel of it either. Sometimes double click doesn't work for a period. It's almost mimicking the swipe up issue when you have to try multiple times to get it to work.
    06-13-19 10:27 AM
    Mine just started acting up with the last keyboard update. I'm in the beta group and it may be a beta version. I didn't look. But anyway I got this key2 last August and the spacebar has been perfect. Also note that when the spacebar is pressed and no space is made there is still clicking physically. No difference in the feel of it either. Sometimes double click doesn't work for a period. It's almost mimicking the swipe up issue when you have to try multiple times to get it to work.
    Try disabling BlackBerry Hub+ Services.
    Then, go into the apps settings and disable the BlackBerry Keyboard app just so it goes back to the factory version and then re-enable it and don't update it.

See if that helps
    06-13-19 11:27 AM
    Try disabling BlackBerry Hub+ Services.
    Then, go into the apps settings and disable the BlackBerry Keyboard app just so it goes back to the factory version and then re-enable it and don't update it.

See if that helps
    I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks!
    06-13-19 07:22 PM
    So I didn't disable hub services but I did disable the keyboard and restored it to the original version. So far it seemed to have done the trick. Must be a software issue. I'm going to update the keyboard app again and see what happens.
    06-13-19 07:31 PM
    So I didn't disable hub services but I did disable the keyboard and restored it to the original version. So far it seemed to have done the trick. Must be a software issue. I'm going to update the keyboard app again and see what happens.
    Why would you update the app again if it was having issues when it was up to date?
    06-13-19 08:25 PM
    Why would you update the app again if it was having issues when it was up to date?
    Just to verify that it is a software issue and not hardware. I didn't update yet though.
    06-13-19 08:30 PM
    Just to verify that it is a software issue and not hardware. I didn't update yet though.
    If it's working just fine, I'd leave it as is
    06-13-19 09:05 PM
    there is one more thing you should try before sending it in for warranty repair (if you haven already done so).

Try completely disabling the blackberry keyboard app and any other keyboard app installed on the phone (if any) and then try typing and see if that fixes it.

There's a chance that the missed spaces are a result of the software not being fast enough to register all the presses and not the spacebar itself not registering the presses.

The only problem is that by doing this, you'll lose the keyboard gestures, as well as the bar that has the word predictions, emojis and clipboard.

This basically means that the keyboard will effectively be turned into an LE lol.
    But at least maybe you'd get spaces each and every time, and scrolling around the UI will still continue to work.
    Thanks for the tip.

I did disable the gestures and such in the keyboard settings - hope that's what you meant with disabling the keyboard. Result: same issue.

In my case the pressing works all the time on the left side of the space bar....not on the right. So it looks like a hardware issue. I'll return it and see what happens.
    06-16-19 09:03 AM
    Thanks for the tip.

I did disable the gestures and such in the keyboard settings - hope that's what you meant with disabling the keyboard. Result: same issue.

In my case the pressing works all the time on the left side of the space bar....not on the right. So it looks like a hardware issue. I'll return it and see what happens.
    That's not what I meant.

Go into Settings - Apps and Notifications and disable:

-"Blackberry Hub+ Services" (that means no more Hub as well as the other BB apps)

-"Blackberry Keyboard" (this will erase all your learned words)

Then, install SwiftKey.

Enable SwiftKey, it will integrate fairly well with the PKB.

Open up the SwiftKey app, and go into "typing" and then "voice and physical keyboard" settings and make sure the "smart punctuation spacing" is turned on.

Then, try typing again and report with the results.
    wasalph likes this.
    06-16-19 10:27 AM
    That's not what I meant.

Go into Settings - Apps and Notifications and disable:

-"Blackberry Hub+ Services" (that means no more Hub as well as the other BB apps)

-"Blackberry Keyboard" (this will erase all your learned words)

Then, install SwiftKey.

Enable SwiftKey, it will integrate fairly well with the PKB.

Open up the SwiftKey app, and go into "typing" and then "voice and physical keyboard" settings and make sure the "smart punctuation spacing" is turned on.

Then, try typing again and report with the results.
    Diactivated the keyboard and hub... Did not install SwiftKey. Just tested space Reaktion - still ****ty.

Anyhow that's would NOT be a solution. No hub and bb keyboard app, just so you can fluently type on a pkb phone?!
    06-16-19 11:14 AM
    Diactivated the keyboard and hub... Did not install SwiftKey. Just tested space Reaktion - still ****ty.

Anyhow that's would NOT be a solution. No hub and bb keyboard app, just so you can fluently type on a pkb phone?!
    Try with SwiftKey as a last resort, but at this point I would just contact BBMo for an advanced exchange replacement asap
    06-16-19 11:39 AM
    Again thank for you trying to help... But I don't wanna have a crippled phone or workarounds. I'll try to get an exchange and hope for the best
    Try with SwiftKey as a last resort, but at this point I would just contact BBMo for an advanced exchange replacement asap
    06-16-19 11:42 AM
    i got it fixed after sending it to the care center. it is the hardware fault. no worries. they will repair for you with hassle free.
    This maybe a repeated post. Butanyone having issue with key2 spacebar beingnot responsive?it gets a veryirritating typingnowif youcanseetheproblem with thispost.
    06-17-19 06:19 PM
    i got it fixed after sending it to the care center. it is the hardware fault. no worries. they will repair for you with hassle free.
    You're in the US? Where's the service center?
    06-17-19 08:02 PM
    mine on the way, left hand side and middle not working that well but right yes. btw, i've just sent to the service centre today for warranty.
    06-25-19 09:53 AM
    smart move
    06-25-19 09:59 AM
    I can share my experience related to this. My spacebar, after about six months since I bought the phone, failed to periodically insert spaces. I did observe that this problem only occurred when I hit the space bar in the middle; if I pushed it at either side, it would insert a space. Anyway, I contacted BB and they sent me a new phone. The tech I spoke to seemed aware that this had been a problem for some people.and that it had been fixed in later versions. They didn't ask me to send my phone in first, which was huge for me, as I'm a businessman and need it every day. They did, however, put a hold on my credit card for the price of a new phone until they received my old one back.
    you are lucky there. for me in malaysia, the service guy say will replace the kb for me
    06-26-19 12:05 AM
    im getting furious over my key2 spacebar... i have to press hard to register the space bar. i wanted to try the compress air solution, but dont know which area to target? will it affect other keys which are working normally?
    06-27-19 09:04 PM
    im getting furious over my key2 spacebar... i have to press hard to register the space bar. i wanted to try the compress air solution, but dont know which area to target? will it affect other keys which are working normally?
    I know how you feel I have a similar issue with my space bar. It works on the left hand side but not the middle or right. The only thing that stops me from sending it for a warranty repair is the fact that the keyboard app actually inserts a space automatically after a word which makes the issue less of a headache. I think I will order the compressed air to try. Hopefully we will see a result.
    06-28-19 02:52 AM
    I know how you feel I have a similar issue with my space bar. It works on the left hand side but not the middle or right. The only thing that stops me from sending it for a warranty repair is the fact that the keyboard app actually inserts a space automatically after a word which makes the issue less of a headache. I think I will order the compressed air to try. Hopefully we will see a result.
    pls do share the result of the compress air. im thinking of using wheel air pump
    06-28-19 05:43 AM
    Will do. Going to order it now online, good luck.
    06-28-19 05:46 AM
    I'm in Canada. I got the dual SIM Key2 from PDA Plaza. They're telling me in order to get warranty for the spacebar issues, I'll have to deal with BlackBerry UK, as they're the manufacturer. How is this going to go?
    06-28-19 09:02 AM
    I'm in Canada. I got the dual SIM Key2 from PDA Plaza. They're telling me in order to get warranty for the spacebar issues, I'll have to deal with BlackBerry UK, as they're the manufacturer. How is this going to go?
    I wouldn't recommend it because I myself wouldn't deal with the international shipping hassle.

If the compressed air trick doesn't work, I'd much rather buy a keyboard assembly on eBay and do it myself or have a repair shop do it.

I don't trust BBMo's warranty service if I don't have the exact variant made for the country I reside in.
    06-28-19 05:13 PM
    Will do. Going to order it now online, good luck.
    Does this trick really work? Wasn't it only one person who reported that it was successful?
    06-28-19 05:14 PM
    Does this trick really work? Wasn't it only one person who reported that it was successful?
    Hopefully it will work. I can't remember who it was that first mentioned it.
    06-29-19 01:49 AM
120 12345