My swiping has never worked properly and I've had two Key2s. I'm willing to accept this, because the time it takes to touch the suggested word is virtually the same as it takes to swipe it.
    I am not of the same opinion... I don't believe we should accept subpar performance with swiping of predicted words. I feel we should expect and have consistent and flawless performance such as we did with the PRIV and Passport.

If we take the approach you are then there is no incentive for BlackBerry Mobile or BlackBerry Ltd. to resolve this issue for those of us who have been previously accustomed to a very well performing swiping of predicted words experience on prior BlackBerry devices.

Bob
    RK_BB and falbo like this.
    05-27-19 12:00 PM
    This maybe a repeated post. Butanyone having issue with key2 spacebar beingnot responsive?it gets a veryirritating typingnowif youcanseetheproblem with thispost.
    This is the best pkb device available in the market, so I can just feel sorry for you.
    05-27-19 12:59 PM
    This is the best pkb device available in the market, so I can just feel sorry for you.
    Its the best PKB device in the market as far as the performance, general build etc.

But as for the PKB itself, the LE takes that credit of having the best PKB in the current market, hands down.
    05-27-19 02:07 PM
    Its the best PKB device in the market as far as the performance, general build etc.

But as for the PKB itself, the LE takes that credit of having the best PKB in the current market, hands down.
    Thanks
    05-27-19 02:36 PM
    I am not of the same opinion... I don't believe we should accept subpar performance with swiping of predicted words. I feel we should expect and have consistent and flawless performance such as we did with the PRIV and Passport.

If we take the approach you are then there is no incentive for BlackBerry Mobile or BlackBerry Ltd. to resolve this issue for those of us who have been previously accustomed to a very well performing swiping of predicted words experience on prior BlackBerry devices.

Bob
    I apologize if I'm not doing this quote feature right. I haven't used it before.

I didn't speak clearly. I agree that when a product is pitched as having certain abilities, then it must deliver them. My comment, stated differently, was meant to mean that that feature perhaps shouldn't have been offered in the first place, as simply touching the word does the same thing in the same amount of time as swiping. But again, I agree with you: once they offered it, it should work.
    Smokeaire and Bob80220 like this.
    05-28-19 07:13 AM
    I apologize if I'm not doing this quote feature right. I haven't used it before.

I didn't speak clearly. I agree that when a product is pitched as having certain abilities, then it must deliver them. My comment, stated differently, was meant to mean that that feature perhaps shouldn't have been offered in the first place, as simply touching the word does the same thing in the same amount of time as swiping. But again, I agree with you: once they offered it, it should work.
    That's one reason for the Key2 LE but it completely removes the capacitive PKB for lower price and lower probability of bigger profit margins so more volume needed.
    05-28-19 08:20 AM
    i got a silver key2 from july batch and spacebar not wobbly or loose. i had 2 other silver ones from july and august before, and they had the wobbly click if you just swipe over.

so i guess it is just luck. but still it takes some time to get used to the spacebar even when its fine. i still sometimes miss the correct press on the spacebar (pressing to high doesn't input a space sometimes)
    05-28-19 08:43 AM
    Damn you Blackberry!!

So i was totally happy with my Key2....until this keyboard update.

My spacebar has to be hit REAL. Hard to function.

Omg - someone please tell me thats a setting issue?! Otherwise I have to throw this phone at a wall
    05-28-19 12:06 PM
    Damn you Blackberry!!

Omg - someone please tell me thats a setting issue?! Otherwise I have to throw this phone at a wall
    Wait, so your spacebar was perfect right before the update, and now barely works after it?
    Was it a system update or just keyboard app update?
    05-28-19 01:09 PM
    Poor hardware design + Poor software support

Enjoy
    Bob80220 and elfabio80 like this.
    05-29-19 06:34 AM
    This issue has been reported by some KEY2 owners... send it in for a warranty replacement.
    I sent it in 4 times for repair through a third of a year. fisrst time received the phone back after a week and a half with a fault not fount letter. second time i sent it in they lost my phone for a month, sent me my broke phone back saying it was fine... was on the phone about 45 times wih blackberry support during this period. they were very unprofessional and i felt belittled as i am the only person i know in america still using their products. sent me a used phone that i could tell the space bar was going to break on. didnt get it for 3 weeks. sold it on ebay and went back to the keyone as its buttons dont wear out. plan on switching unl;ess this is righted financially for me. was without a phone for 5 months.

bird
    05-29-19 08:56 PM
    How's do you when is the phone build date ?
    05-30-19 05:22 AM
    i got a silver key2 from july batch and spacebar not wobbly or loose. i had 2 other silver ones from july and august before, and they had the wobbly click if you just swipe over.

so i guess it is just luck. but still it takes some time to get used to the spacebar even when its fine. i still sometimes miss the correct press on the spacebar (pressing to high doesn't input a space sometimes)
    How do we check which batch is my key2?
    05-30-19 05:23 AM
    Damn you Blackberry!!

Unfortunately it's same for me !
    Looks like there is a memory issue, after the update and when the device uses memory more than 55 % the hub generally is getting slow and the space bar is not responding all times.
    If I clear up the memory by closing some open apps the situation goes back to normal.
    hplovecraft likes this.
    05-30-19 06:21 AM
    Unfortunately it's same for me !
    Looks like there is a memory issue, after the update and when the device uses memory more than 55 % the hub generally is getting slow and the space bar is not responding all times.
    If I clear up the memory by closing some open apps the situation goes back to normal.
    Its gone back to (nearly) normal since i posted. So i cooled down a bit ;-)

it really happend just a short time after the keyboard update, but of course have no proff its connected.

Still think that sometimes the spacebar does not respond as i want. But that might be just me now more looking for errors.
    05-30-19 06:27 AM
    You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Press the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

5. Hit PASS again
    6. Scroll to the bottom and hit Exit
    05-30-19 09:01 AM
    I can see it on my Key 2 Box on the sticker where the serial number is etc.
    05-30-19 02:36 PM
    Oktheproblem is back .... Seems itis reallya an issue.very annoying.

If i want spaces like this i have to press real hard - nogo
    06-06-19 12:48 PM

Contact BlackBerry Mobile for a warranty exchange/repair
    06-06-19 01:32 PM
    Contact BlackBerry Mobile for a warranty exchange/repair
    Yeah ...wouldhave never thought ofusing mywarranty, thanks forthat tip!

They gonna have to access the phoe.so iamgonna haveto swipe it andall. Super!
    06-06-19 02:01 PM
    Yeah ...wouldhave never thought ofusing mywarranty, thanks forthat tip!

They gonna have to access the phoe.so iamgonna haveto swipe it andall. Super!
    Yes, make sure you back everything up first before wiping the device when you send it in.
    06-06-19 02:19 PM
    Yes, make sure you back everything up first before wiping the device when you send it in.
    Seems youdontget irony.....well
    06-06-19 02:34 PM
    Seems youdontget irony.....well
    He gave you the solution. Obviously that's what youneedtodo.
    Incidentally, great author.
    06-06-19 04:03 PM
    He gave you the solution. Obviously that's what youneedtodo.
    Incidentally, great author.
    Omg!

I know i have a warranty - its not an epiphany tome.
    06-06-19 04:16 PM

there is one more thing you should try before sending it in for warranty repair (if you haven already done so).

Try completely disabling the blackberry keyboard app and any other keyboard app installed on the phone (if any) and then try typing and see if that fixes it.

There's a chance that the missed spaces are a result of the software not being fast enough to register all the presses and not the spacebar itself not registering the presses.

The only problem is that by doing this, you'll lose the keyboard gestures, as well as the bar that has the word predictions, emojis and clipboard.

This basically means that the keyboard will effectively be turned into an LE lol.
    But at least maybe you'd get spaces each and every time, and scrolling around the UI will still continue to work.
    06-13-19 02:52 AM
120 1234 ...