This maybe a repeated post. Butanyone having issue with key2 spacebar beingnot responsive?it gets a veryirritating typingnowif youcanseetheproblem with thispost.
    TheBond and chain13 like this.
    05-20-19 08:08 PM
    This issue has been reported by some KEY2 owners... send it in for a warranty replacement.

Bob
    Byrese likes this.
    05-20-19 08:12 PM
    Every time I feel like pulling the trigger on a KEY2, I fall upon this kind of post lol
    Byrese and dantheman77 like this.
    05-20-19 08:39 PM
    Someone said they blew out the keyboard (especially space bar) with compressed air and whacked it a few times and it worked again. Yours to discover....

Posted via CB10
    05-20-19 08:43 PM
    Every time I feel like pulling the trigger on a KEY2, I fall upon this kind of post lol
    There are those of us KEY2 owners, like myself, that have no issues with the space bar...

Bob
    05-20-19 08:44 PM
    There are those of us KEY2 owners, like myself, that have no issues with the space bar...

Bob
    Thankfully, we have more people who don't have issues with theirs. But still.

OP should try the compressed air trick first to see if getting dust out helps, but contacting BlackBerry Mobile would be the next step.
    Bob80220 and YDShine like this.
    05-20-19 08:48 PM
    Yes, cleaning the keyboard with compressed air is a good thing. Something I do on a regular basis and have done with all my BlackBerry devices... just makes sense as dust and grit can get under the keys.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-20-19 08:52 PM
    As posted above, you probably can try the warranty route or compressed air. I sold mine as it was the most annoying thing.

Those who don’t have the problem will eventually develop it if it’s fixed via compressed air. Seems like the dust can go under the spacebar that causes it.

I have also seen the keyboard replacements now appearing on the eBay. If you are in a region where there’s no BlackBerry presence, then that will be another option.
    gamegurl likes this.
    05-20-19 09:15 PM
    Mine has the slightly strange different sound/feel when pressing the spacebar, but so far has not had any other performance issues. I just received it a month or so ago, so maybe the problem has been fixed in newer builds. If not, my experience with my KEYone loose screen even after warranty was over leads me to believe that if BBMobile/TCL recognizes a true defect, they'll honour warranty after the original year.
    05-20-19 09:40 PM
    My space bar used to do this sometimes but has not since the last beta update. The double press of the space bar for a period now also works as it should.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-21-19 12:06 AM
    I can share my experience related to this. My spacebar, after about six months since I bought the phone, failed to periodically insert spaces. I did observe that this problem only occurred when I hit the space bar in the middle; if I pushed it at either side, it would insert a space. Anyway, I contacted BB and they sent me a new phone. The tech I spoke to seemed aware that this had been a problem for some people.and that it had been fixed in later versions. They didn't ask me to send my phone in first, which was huge for me, as I'm a businessman and need it every day. They did, however, put a hold on my credit card for the price of a new phone until they received my old one back.
    Byrese likes this.
    05-24-19 08:16 AM
    I can share my experience related to this. My spacebar, after about six months since I bought the phone, failed to periodically insert spaces. I did observe that this problem only occurred when I hit the space bar in the middle; if I pushed it at either side, it would insert a space. Anyway, I contacted BB and they sent me a new phone. The tech I spoke to seemed aware that this had been a problem for some people.and that it had been fixed in later versions. They didn't ask me to send my phone in first, which was huge for me, as I'm a businessman and need it every day. They did, however, put a hold on my credit card for the price of a new phone until they received my old one back.
    Well it's good that they took care of you.

Though I would have been curious to know when exactly those improvements to the spacebar have been made.
    As in, what build dates are post-improvement.
    05-24-19 09:13 AM
    the spacebar on my key2 dual sim gave up (thank God) just 2 months before the warranty ended.... Now this is with the service they exchange it. The problem was that it stopped working. Nothing helped
    05-24-19 03:37 PM
    the spacebar on my key2 dual sim gave up (thank God) just 2 months before the warranty ended.... Now this is with the service they exchange it. The problem was that it stopped working. Nothing helped
    So... did they offer to exchange it for you?
    05-24-19 03:51 PM
    yep no questions asked. whated to get upgrade to red, but no joy there
    05-25-19 06:24 AM
    yep no questions asked. whated to get upgrade to red, but no joy there
    They apparently improved the spacebar in the Red Edition
    Byrese likes this.
    05-25-19 08:17 PM
    I just did the blowing. it really getting better. but I am still thinking to send my unit to warranty soon since it is still less than one year old
    Byrese likes this.
    05-25-19 08:18 PM
    I just did the blowing. it really getting better. but I am still thinking to send my unit to warranty soon since it is still less than one year old
    Unless its inserting spaces every single time flawlessly, I would too.
    05-25-19 09:13 PM
    initially before the blowing yes.

but not seems better after the blowing
    05-26-19 02:58 AM
    They apparently improved the spacebar in the Red Edition
    I have the Red Edition. The space bar is still clicky, as it makes a different sound than the rest of the buttons. But for me that's ok now. Took something to getting used to but im fine with it now.

At least it's not loose or wobbly, and it works really well. So different click; yes. Loose and wobbly; no. Accuracy and performance; very good. Key2 is I think one of the best BlackBerry keyboards I ever used. The only thing that needs improvement is the swipe up for words predicted. It's a bit clunky and not as useful as it was on the Passport
    the_boon, TheBond and Byrese like this.
    05-26-19 03:55 AM
    I have the Red Edition. The space bar is still clicky, as it makes a different sound than the rest of the buttons. But for me that's ok now. Took something to getting used to but im fine with it now.

At least it's not loose or wobbly, and it works really well. So different click; yes. Loose and wobbly; no. Accuracy and performance; very good. Key2 is I think one of the best BlackBerry keyboards I ever used. The only thing that needs improvement is the swipe up for words predicted. It's a bit clunky and not as useful as it was on the Passport
    And you also get white alternate characters that are actually legible, unlike the dark grey ones on the Black/Silver and Slate/Champagne LE
    05-26-19 07:45 AM
    And you also get white alternate characters that are actually legible, unlike the dark grey ones on the Black/Silver and Slate/Champagne LE
    The alternate characters on my Key² keyboard were no mere legible and bright than are on my Key²LE. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ had the brightest and more legible characters of the three keyboards.
    05-26-19 08:03 AM
    The alternate characters on my Key² keyboard were no mere legible and bright than are on my Key²LE. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ had the brightest and more legible characters of the three keyboards.
    Thats because only the Red KEY2 and Atomic LE have them in white like the KEYone
    05-26-19 08:06 AM

My Black KEY2 with an August 3 build date initially had a "clicky" space bar but that went away with extensive use and is solid today. No issues whatsoever... 👍

But as you mentioned, the swiping of predicted words on the KEY2 is most definitely an issue. This issue has been present, and acknowledged, since launch and no fix seems to be in sight which is extremely disappointing... 😰

Bob
    05-26-19 08:25 AM
    My swiping has never worked properly and I've had two Key2s. I'm willing to accept this, because the time it takes to touch the suggested word is virtually the same as it takes to swipe it.
    05-27-19 11:46 AM
120 123 ...