Just got back from the Rogers store. I was ready to pull the trigger and upgrade from the KEYone. I asked the Rogers rep to open the box so I could check out the space bar.

It was the black version and it wobbled like crazy. The Rogers rep was shocked and even encouraged me to stick to the KEYone until the new batches come in.

Even without pressing the space bar, sliding my finger across caused a clicking sound.

This is definitely a design issue and I will give it 6 months before trying this again.
    conbrio29 likes this.
    08-09-18 12:27 PM
    Just got back from the Rogers store. I was ready to pull the trigger and upgrade from the KEYone. I asked the Rogers rep to open the box so I could check out the space bar.

It was the black version and it wobbled like crazy. The Rogers rep was shocked and even encouraged me to stick to the KEYone until the new batches come in.

Even without pressing the space bar, sliding my finger across caused a clicking sound.

This is definitely a design issue and I will give it 6 months before trying this again.
    Not sure what's up with the black KEY2's they have at Rogers...
    08-09-18 12:41 PM
    Not sure what's up with the black KEY2's they have at Rogers...
    Not sure. This was the first time I held a KEY2 in my hand, and it felt great, but the moment I started using the space car, I knew something was wrong.

I would have bought it right there is the space bar didn't wobble.

Going to wait for the KEYone to upgrade to Oreo, then I will decide if the KEY2 is worth it.
    08-09-18 01:49 PM
    Not sure. This was the first time I held a KEY2 in my hand, and it felt great, but the moment I started using the space car, I knew something was wrong.

Going to wait for the KEYone to upgrade to Oreo, then I will decide if the KEY2 is worth it.
    It's definitely not all units that have wobbly spacebars (see my build dates thread) but it's nice that the Rogers guy let you open the box to check. Hopefully none of the later built units will have the issue. This Rogers batch probably just isn't the best.
    08-09-18 02:09 PM

Never mind the K2, how did that space car work out? ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Summer_Moon and Mrs Teapot like this.
    08-09-18 02:14 PM
    It's definitely not all units that have wobbly spacebars (see my build dates thread) but it's nice that the Rogers guy let you open the box to check. Hopefully none of the later built units will have the issue. This Rogers batch probably just isn't the best.
    Yeah, he was talking about how the KEY2 is a nice upgrade from the KEYone. He seemed to know quite a bit about it.

But....the darn space bar just spoiled my excitement. I will wait until after the New Year and try again.
    08-09-18 02:17 PM
    Yeah, he was talking about how the KEY2 is a nice upgrade from the KEYone. He seemed to know quite a bit about it.

But....the darn space bar just spoiled my excitement. I will wait until after the New Year and try again.
    So the space bar spoiled it? But what about the space car?!?! That sounds freaking awesome, but my Key2 didn't come with one

I started using the space car
    the_boon and Mrs Teapot like this.
    08-09-18 02:40 PM
    Interestingly the Rogers unit I have and several in the office are tight and solid. No looseness, rattling when brushing against it or wobbliness. I did replace a Rogers before this one. Wife just received a black and silver from the latest batch from Amazon.com and they were both rattling when gently touched. Others at the office got the silver from Walmart.ca and they are rattling.
    08-11-18 09:08 AM
    that if everything is the other way around and a wobbly space bar is a TCL idea, while others are a defect
    08-11-18 09:32 AM
    Interestingly the Rogers unit I have and several in the office are tight and solid. No looseness, rattling when brushing against it or wobbliness. I did replace a Rogers before this one. Wife just received a black and silver from the latest batch from Amazon.com and they were both rattling when gently touched. Others at the office got the silver from Walmart.ca and they are rattling.
    I have a BBF100-1 UK silver model, and I'm experiencing spacebar lag. Gonna try a factory reset
    08-12-18 09:10 AM
    OK - - but are these "issues" or intentional features?

My aim was to dedicate a thread specific to discussing the potential for users to adopt to KEY2 space bar peculiarities.

Either TCL intended these things (e.g. was at least OK with it all) or let many devices through inspection which did not meet their intended specifications.

Anyhow my KEY2 so far ROCKS otherwise.
    I have a new Key2 this week. The spacebar is loud and clunky. So annoying. The rest of the keyboard is silent as it should. Never had a loud BB keyboard before. The FP scanner is wonky too. often says it is dirty and needs to be cleaned. That was right out of the box.
    Purchased from Amazon.ca Build date 20180928
    Is this something that is being looked at?
    01-13-19 01:19 PM
36 12