As others have noted, my KEY2 space bar also:

1. rattles when brushed, or nearby keys are typed on.

2. wobbles when pressed.

3. makes notably louder sound than other keys, or KEYONE space bar. Keyboard is essentially silent except for quite loud space bar.

My question is whether anyone with these issues/features has 100% adjusted to them after time.
    Last edited by BEEBEEBEEBEE; 08-01-18 at 03:54 PM.
    08-01-18 12:58 PM
    If the scanner is working normally, then only the aesthetic
    08-01-18 01:04 PM
    My spacebar has every single characteristic you've mentioned and 3 things things have happened over the course of 3 weeks ....

1. The actual functionality and purpose of it work perfectly. the FP scanner is great, almost register 100% of the time.

2. the LOUD click when actually pressed in typing softens a bit and is less jarring than when new.

3. Yes, I have absolutely adjusted to and have actually grown to like the quirkiness of the K2 spacebar.

Trust me, I thought several times about returning and replacing but I realized every K2 is gonna have some unique quirk ... my K2 works and functions properly ... BUT if my spacebar wasn't reading my FP accurately or not at all or having some type of double typing when pressed, I would have definitely returned it. Hope that helped.

Btw ... My K2 is Silver.
    08-01-18 01:15 PM
    As others have noted, my KEY2 space bar also:

1. rattles when brushed, or nearby keys are typed on.

2. wobbles when pressed.

3. Makes notably louder sound than other keys, or KEYONE space bar. Keyboard is essentially silent except for quite loud space bar.

My question is whether anyone with these issues/features has 100% adjusted to them after time.
    To your last question the answer is yes. I really don't pay any attention to the sound it makes anymore. Would I prefer it to be silent ? The answer is yes. Am I ready to part with my KEY² because of that ? The answer is no
    Master of Surgery likes this.
    08-01-18 01:41 PM
    Those with the issue, please post here
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/
    08-01-18 02:00 PM
    My spacebar has every single characteristic you've mentioned and 3 things things have happened over the course of 3 weeks ....

1. The actual functionality and purpose of it work perfectly. the FP scanner is great, almost register 100% of the time.

2. the LOUD click when actually pressed in typing softens a bit and is less jarring than when new.

3. Yes, I have absolutely adjusted to and have actually grown to like the quirkiness of the K2 spacebar.

Trust me, I thought several times about returning and replacing but I realized every K2 is gonna have some unique quirk ... my K2 works and functions properly ... BUT if my spacebar wasn't reading my FP accurately or not at all or having some type of double typing when pressed, I would have definitely returned it. Hope that helped.

Btw ... My K2 is Silver.
    Thanks for the reply.
    08-01-18 07:51 PM
    To your last question the answer is yes. I really don't pay any attention to the sound it makes anymore. Would I prefer it to be silent ? The answer is yes. Am I ready to part with my KEY² because of that ? The answer is no
    Thanks for the reply.
    08-01-18 07:51 PM
    Those with the issue, please post here
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/
    OK - - but are these "issues" or intentional features?

My aim was to dedicate a thread specific to discussing the potential for users to adopt to KEY2 space bar peculiarities.

Either TCL intended these things (e.g. was at least OK with it all) or let many devices through inspection which did not meet their intended specifications.

Anyhow my KEY2 so far ROCKS otherwise.
    08-01-18 08:55 PM
    Definitely not intended features, these are flaws. Not all phones have these flaws. If you test enough demo phones in stores, you will eventually find one with a decent space bar (Key1 level quality).

I've had mine nearly 3 weeks now, and the spacebar hasn't improved, and it still bothers me enough that I'm in the process of getting an exchange.

My fingerprint reader is garbage also. Id say its success rate is around 50%. It's very picky on placement and takes several tries on my phone. This is after numerous attempts to re-register the print in every conceivable orientation with the scans allotted.
    08-01-18 09:11 PM
    Definitely not intended features, these are flaws. Not all phones have these flaws. If you test enough demo phones in stores, you will eventually find one with a decent space bar (Key1 level quality).

I've had mine nearly 3 weeks now, and the spacebar hasn't improved, and it still bothers me enough that I'm in the process of getting an exchange.

My fingerprint reader is garbage also. Id say its success rate is around 50%. It's very picky on placement and takes several tries on my phone. This is after numerous attempts to re-register the print in every conceivable orientation with the scans allotted.
    I'm also getting about 50% success with fingerprint scanner. Was essentially flawless on my KEYone.
    08-03-18 05:09 PM
    Do you have the Vaderberry edition? Seems there are more often issues with the the Black Edition than the Silver. I have the silver from July 7th and it is rock solid! A little noisier than my K1 but has quieted down with use and is now not even an issue.
    08-03-18 05:15 PM
    Yeah black version -- loving pretty much everything except space bar
    08-03-18 05:41 PM
    @Crusader03 I have a July 4 silver edition.
    08-03-18 07:31 PM
    @Crusader03 I have a July 4 silver edition.
    Ok, as I stated, the fault seems to be across the board, however more heavily weighted towards black early editions. Not happy, return it or replace it. Mine is solid, luck of the draw I guess.
    08-03-18 07:39 PM
    Any issue with the finger print scanner is user error. When I set up my finger, I make sure during that process that I am moving and slightly turning my finger. This to me assures a well scanned finger.
    08-04-18 04:50 AM
    Any issue with the finger print scanner is user error. When I set up my finger, I make sure during that process that I am moving and slightly turning my finger. This to me assures a well scanned finger.
    That is an arrogant thing to say. Just because your finger print sensor works on your phone, doesn't automatically mean that's the case for everyone else. Just like some phones have good spacebars, but many others do not.

Most of us have Key1s we can compare with. And most of us have zero issue with the keyone sensor. We set up the key2 sensor in the exact same way. So I don't think chocking it up to user error is an accurate assessment of the cause.
    anon(4295315) and deiop like this.
    08-04-18 06:54 AM
    No it's not. There are enough comments here regarding the fingerprint sensor to assert that it's not as good as the KEY1 for instance (which I had for a while) and not on a par with sensors I've personally used on other phones. What you're describing should be done, I've done and many others too.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 08-04-18 at 08:29 AM.
    anon(4295315) and deiop like this.
    08-04-18 07:05 AM
    I have opteimus key2. Fingerprint works fine. I can say success rate is 99%
    08-04-18 09:27 AM
    The fingerprint scanner being sporadic in how it works is definitely not user error. we all take our time and scan our prints carefully. mine works almost all of the time but I have a good 10% of attempts not working. but it's not enough of a problem to spoil my enjoyment. I have the black edition here in the UK. My space bar is definitely louder than all other keys but I hardly notice it all. No wobble at all though.
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    08-04-18 03:00 PM
    My spacebar stopped working properly after a week.
    08-07-18 04:06 PM
    My spacebar stopped working properly after a week.
    Stopped working as a spacebar or as a fingerprint sensor?
    08-07-18 04:22 PM
    As a spacebar. As a fingerprint sensor is the best ever. I can still use it as a spacebar if I press it on the left corner... but it reduces typing speed tragically.
    08-07-18 04:26 PM
    As a spacebar. As a fingerprint sensor is the best ever. I can still use it as a spacebar if I press it on the left corner... but it reduces typing speed tragically.
    Yeah if it's not registering presses I'd go for an exchange. Each key absolutely needs to register every press
    08-08-18 12:38 AM
    any changes since the update? I'm quite happy now, seems to work all the time so far
    08-08-18 12:52 AM
    I have BBF100-6 (Manufactured by Optiemus in India). No spacebar issues so far. Feedback is a little louder but not annoying, No wobbling either, spacebar is firmly placed like every other key. Backlit is also very good. I am on ABC369 Security patch 1 July 2018.
    08-08-18 01:23 AM
36 12