My Key2 space bar needs replacing. What's the best route to make that happen?

I don't have the skills to do it myself and I checked with a couple of local places who said Key??? You still have a blackberry etc...

I found I can hit the edges and make it work it just throws off my typing. Also, the finger print deal is some timy so it would be nice if I could get it fixed. Otherwise, I could just dust off my old Keyone I guess?
    08-09-22 11:35 PM
    My Key2 space bar needs replacing. What's the best route to make that happen?

I don't have the skills to do it myself and I checked with a couple of local places who said Key??? You still have a blackberry etc...

I found I can hit the edges and make it work it just throws off my typing. Also, the finger print deal is some timy so it would be nice if I could get it fixed. Otherwise, I could just dust off my old Keyone I guess?
    Replacement keyboards are available but not cheap, disassembly is not too complicated with one specific caveat, extreme care must be taken removing the antenna cables lest the connectors on the motherboard break off..

I'd say go back to the keyone until you find and buy a more modern phone.
    08-09-22 11:59 PM
    Replacement keyboards are available but not cheap, disassembly is not too complicated with one specific caveat, extreme care must be taken removing the antenna cables lest the connectors on the motherboard break off..

I'd say go back to the keyone until you find and buy a more modern phone.
    Where is a good place to get a Key2 space bar? I know you say they're not cheap but I like the wifi calling much better on the Key2 since it's seamless and built in.
    08-10-22 12:26 AM
    Where is a good place to get a Key2 space bar? I know you say they're not cheap but I like the wifi calling much better on the Key2 since it's seamless and built in.
    It would be better to get the whole keyboard... Where do you live and I'll look into finding a replacement keyboard?
    08-10-22 12:29 AM
    Here's a look at what needs to be done to replace the keyboard thanks to @chetmanley

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13276704
    08-10-22 12:40 AM
    It would be better to get the whole keyboard... Where do you live and I'll look into finding a replacement keyboard?
    Denver colorado
    08-10-22 02:11 AM
    Denver colorado
    Wow, it's been awhile since I tried sourcing Key2 parts but here's two examples I've found... Anybody else have a source on Key2 keyboards?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...d=aiWmZ0y4wSVW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=fCJUkpYrty3B
    08-10-22 02:42 AM
    Wow, it's been awhile since I tried sourcing Key2 parts but here's two examples I've found... Anybody else have a source on Key2 keyboards?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...d=aiWmZ0y4wSVW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=fCJUkpYrty3B
    https://www.skystartrade.com/product...-Black/1013249
    08-10-22 05:13 AM
    Broke antenna connector off of my Key2 while swapping in fresh batt. I was aware of the risk and knew it was barely attached. It wasnt attached well enough to resist friction forces of un plugging.. No problem soldering such things in my case. Other than time. Lol.

Just be warned that unplugging antenna will demand holding the soldered connector to resist friction forces of unplugging. Tools exist for that. Possibly even a straight pin?
    08-10-22 07:06 AM
    Broke antenna connector off of my Key2 while swapping in fresh batt. I was aware of the risk and knew it was barely attached. It wasnt attached well enough to resist friction forces of un plugging.. No problem soldering such things in my case. Other than time. Lol.

Just be warned that unplugging antenna will demand holding the soldered connector to resist friction forces of unplugging. Tools exist for that. Possibly even a straight pin?
    I've really only seen this as an issue with the KEY2, and even then it's only a few that are poorly enough attached to break off when unplugging. Luckily I have a contact that can repair those that do break.
    08-10-22 07:35 AM
    I've really only seen this as an issue with the KEY2, and even then it's only a few that are poorly enough attached to break off when unplugging. Luckily I have a contact that can repair those that do break.
    Got mine. Lol. Quick magnifying view indicated insufficient solder, imo. Production tolerances. Lol.
    08-10-22 07:40 AM
    Cool, has all those squiggly symbols on them!
    08-10-22 12:10 PM
    Thanks for all the help and info, I really appreciate it.
    08-10-22 12:12 PM
    Cool, has all those squiggly symbols on them!
    It's the only version they have stock of in the California warehouse, and the extra characters don't affect how the keyboard performs.
    08-10-22 01:41 PM
    It's the only version they have stock of in the California warehouse, and the extra characters don't affect how the keyboard performs.
    Darn, and that's the one I ordered. I didn't notice until you said something.
    08-10-22 10:07 PM
    Darn, and that's the one I ordered. I didn't notice until you said something.
    Your Key2 will now be a showpiece and it will not affect your use in any way.

The stories you could tell about your time in the UAE.. :-)
    08-10-22 10:12 PM
    My problem is my old eyes have enough trouble finding the symbols without extra stuff to look at. But hey, I could upgrade to a modern phone if it gets to be too big a problem but I just can't type on a screen.
    08-11-22 12:21 PM
    My problem is my old eyes have enough trouble finding the symbols without extra stuff to look at. But hey, I could upgrade to a modern phone if it gets to be too big a problem but I just can't type on a screen.
    Just order a replacement keyboard from AliExpress though a bit pricey or try a Unihertz Titan Slim
    08-11-22 12:43 PM
    Just order a replacement keyboard from AliExpress though a bit pricey or try a Unihertz Titan Slim
    Roger that, let me see how it looks when it arrives. As for the titan, has anyone found an acceptable replacement for the hub? I love having everything in one spot.
    08-11-22 01:07 PM
    The keyboard arrived and not only does it have the extra characters, but the English letters are smaller to make room for them. I will be ordering the other keyboard for sure. Thanks.
    08-14-22 12:11 AM
    The keyboard arrived and not only does it have the extra characters, but the English letters are smaller to make room for them. I will be ordering the other keyboard for sure. Thanks.
    You can probably sell that keyboard for a decent amount on eBay
    08-15-22 06:14 AM
    I have a similar problem but I'm in the UK. Any ideas for suppliers of keyboards here?
    08-27-22 11:10 AM
    I have a similar problem but I'm in the UK. Any ideas for suppliers of keyboards here?
    No suppliers in the UK to my knowledge, neither in the U.S. unless you can put up with the Arabic version (link provided in a comment posted above) .

Otherwise you'll be looking on Aliexpress for a replacement and given that the keyboard was poorly designed and often needed replacement stocks are low and prices high to insanity level high. I'm not going to suggest a supplier but make sure not to purchase a keypad replacement thinking it's a keyboard replacement....
    Moynehan likes this.
    08-27-22 07:27 PM
    No suppliers in the UK to my knowledge, neither in the U.S. unless you can put up with the Arabic version (link provided in a comment posted above) .

Otherwise you'll be looking on Aliexpress for a replacement and given that the keyboard was poorly designed and often needed replacement stocks are low and prices high to insanity level high. I'm not going to suggest a supplier but make sure not to purchase a keypad replacement thinking it's a keyboard replacement....
    I've passed on the Aliexpress details to my local repair chap but I fear he won't be all that happy to use them!
    Next option is to buy a replacement at even more huge cost! Is there any way to tell which are more likely to have OK keyboards?
    08-28-22 09:21 AM
    I've passed on the Aliexpress details to my local repair chap but I fear he won't be all that happy to use them!
    Next option is to buy a replacement at even more huge cost! Is there any way to tell which are more likely to have OK keyboards?
    Absolutely no way, even if it was new from the factory....
    Moynehan likes this.
    08-28-22 10:25 AM
52 123