I've dropped my phone many times face first, and not a scratch on my screen or keyboard, keyboard is perfectly intact and feels just as it did day 1. I hope we get a key 3 or a worthy successor some day.
    bh7171 and Wrec like this.
    01-05-21 11:27 PM
    I've dropped my phone many times face first, and not a scratch on my screen or keyboard, keyboard is perfectly intact and feels just as it did day 1. I hope we get a key 3 or a worthy successor some day.
    If and when OM releases, that’s what you’re getting BlackBerry licensed regardless of specs. If not successful, the end. Check out the Unihertz Titan if PKB is that important to you.
    01-06-21 05:01 AM
    I think after 2-1/2 years, the build quality and solidness of the phone isn't a question anymore.

I think some are hoping that OM gives FIH a little more budget to work with. And that the phone is practical for consumers to buy...
    tw820 and aru090754 like this.
    01-06-21 03:28 PM
    If and when OM releases, that’s what you’re getting BlackBerry licensed regardless of specs. If not successful, the end. Check out the Unihertz Titan if PKB is that important to you.
    I read from a Unihertz forum (outside CB) and they are calling their keyboard as "blackberry keyboard" .

Apparently they seem to have issues with keyboard after some firmware updates, and they called the keyboard as blackberry keyboard.

Possible they licensed the keyboard?
    01-12-21 01:40 AM
    I'm with you on this, Key2 is one solid phone, seems indestructible. Has a good combination of weight to strength and the backing is attached really well.

I probably average 2+ drops per week, and the phone has taken that abuse, only some scuffing on the corners. My KeyOne couldnt take that abuse, cheap plastic tabs holding the back on broke or twisted and the back was always loose and part-open, filling up with pocket lint.

The Key2 came out just at right time to retire the KeyOne. Hopefully a Key3 will come along soon, with the Key2 build quality, better speakers, and perhaps a Passport style keyboard
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    01-12-21 02:47 AM
    I read from a Unihertz forum (outside CB) and they are calling their keyboard as "blackberry keyboard" .

Apparently they seem to have issues with keyboard after some firmware updates, and they called the keyboard as blackberry keyboard.

Possible they licensed the keyboard?
    I seriously doubt it. You’d see them put a BlackBerry sticker on a PKB if they’d paid and licensed it.
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    01-12-21 06:15 AM