I just pre-ordered from unlocked-mobiles.com and am eagerly expecting my new shiny k2 that I will use on Tmobile. Looks like it'll be in my hands a good while before the US version would get to me.

My question is: Being a European/Australian/Japan phone will I still get the same updates at the same time being in the united states?

Will all unlocked phones be fairly even when it comes to update speed? I can always VPN I guess to a European country (if that would even help).

What have some of you experienced with the Key1 from other regions?

Thanks in advance
    06-15-18 09:34 PM
    there are no country limitation for k1 updates, no need for VPN. Unlocked models should be the best when it comes to updates, as there is no carrier customization
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    06-15-18 10:30 PM
    Ok thanks.
    06-16-18 10:08 AM
    I just pre-ordered from unlocked-mobiles.com and am eagerly expecting my new shiny k2 that I will use on Tmobile. Looks like it'll be in my hands a good while before the US version would get to me.

My question is: Being a European/Australian/Japan phone will I still get the same updates at the same time being in the united states?

Will all unlocked phones be fairly even when it comes to update speed? I can always VPN I guess to a European country (if that would even help).

What have some of you experienced with the Key1 from other regions?

Thanks in advance
    Updates are pushed by PRD code (specific device sub-variant). You will get updates along with the rest of your Euro brethren.
    06-16-18 10:48 AM