I have a Motion, and have been waiting to upgrade to a KEY2 SE. No Canadian carriers carried it (only Black). There used to be an Amazon, Staples, and Walmart posting for the Silver, but all have disappeared.

Did I miss the boat for a new device? If so, I guess I'll wait for a price drop on the Telus carrier black edition.
    05-02-19 01:25 PM
    same here in the UK, really limited supply.
    05-02-19 02:33 PM
    Maybe they used up all of the Silver chasis for the RED paint job? Wonder what colour the RED is underneath?
    Bob80220, Vistaus and elfabio80 like this.
    05-02-19 02:59 PM
    Maybe they used up all of the Silver chasis for the RED paint job? Wonder what colour the RED is underneath?
    That wasn't silver, that was properly known as primer....
    05-02-19 05:35 PM
    I was looking to get a brand new K2 and it seems both authorized US resellers removed the item from their listing!

There are no silver or black K2 on Amazon or Best Buy.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=fmpLdA6u

The only available product is the K2 Red.
    @BlackBerry Mobile can we expect stock replenishment in the US?
    05-08-19 11:00 PM
    05-08-19 11:12 PM
    I was looking to get a brand new K2 and it seems both authorized US resellers removed the item from their listing!

There are no silver or black K2 on Amazon or Best Buy.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JYq69grk

The only available product is the K2 Red.
    @BlackBerry Mobile can we expect stock replenishment in the US?
    https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Un...UvbUpU13387537
    05-08-19 11:13 PM
    That's odd! I could only find it by 3rd party resellers. This listing shows a May 10 - 15 ETA though.
    05-08-19 11:14 PM
    That's odd! I could only find it by 3rd party resellers. This listing shows a May 10 - 15 ETA though.
    And only 6 left in stock. Wonder what will happen then?
    05-08-19 11:32 PM
    And only 6 left in stock. Wonder what will happen then?
    Yeah. Its important for me to get an April build so I think I will wait until it can ship quickly with Prime.
    05-08-19 11:41 PM
    I had a hard time getting the silver version too. I tried to buy it from a webstore only to recieve an email saying they only had the black version in stock. I ended up buying the silver version from ebay.

Yeah. Its important for me to get an April build so I think I will wait until it can ship quickly with Prime.
    What's good about the April build? My one is older. What am I missing out on from having an earlier build?
    05-09-19 06:21 AM
    I had a hard time getting the silver version too. I tried to buy it from a webstore only to recieve an email saying they only had the black version in stock. I ended up buying the silver version from ebay.

What's good about the April build? My one is older. What am I missing out on from having an earlier build?
    I suspect that the built / parts are improved. Total speculation and for my own testing at this point.
    05-09-19 07:27 AM
    At almost a year later, I expect sales have dropped off to a trickle. Which requires them to limit production even more than normal. It's part of the balancing act that BBMo has to do to keep inventory under control, but keeping their margins up as well.

It's the same with the LE... Red is pretty much out of stock except for 3rd parties, Slate is down to a few devices. (Amazon US)

With nothing new to spark interest, things might get worse before they get better. BBMo really need to release something this Spring to stay at the edges of the spotlight. A Tablet, Slab, smaller PKB, Slider... just something to keep people engaged. Could have been an unlocked only limited edition device that was only sold via one source in just a few markets... just something.

That all said... there is another reason for inventories to slack off.
    05-09-19 07:40 AM
    Amazon has it in stock today with delivery as soon as tomorrow. It’s probably due to short supply’s since it’s not a big seller TCL on produces as needed they don’t want a surplus when it goes EOL.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-09-19 09:55 AM
    wouldn't surprise me if TCL is waiting for 4g to roll out more widely. why produce another 4g type phone when a few months later buzz will be 5G phones. y'all freaked out over a priv having lollipop. imagine the fallout if no 5G right after K3 introduced
    Last edited by prplhze2000; 05-10-19 at 06:53 AM.
    05-09-19 11:38 AM
    wouldn't surprise me if TCL is waiting for Dg to roll out more widely. why produce another 4g type phone when a few months later buzz will be 5G phones. y'all freaked out over a priv having lollipop. imagine the fallout if no 5G right after K3 introduced
    It would surprise me... I expect by next year most flagships will be forced to offer a 5G variant, but it won't be on all models. I think what Samsung did with their Galaxy S10 with a 5G option... will be the norm for a bit. Qualcomm doesn't even have a midgrade 5G SoC yet, rumors that the SD735 will offer that support. But that might not show up on devices for over a year... and it's a High Midgrade option.

5G isn't the same natural progression like 4G was... it is going to be limited in coverage and it's going to be expensive - hardware and plans. And most likely will only be available in high density areas - due to is coverage limitations. Usage will be more for Home/Business networks or Industry IoT than everyday consumer smartphones.
    05-09-19 01:53 PM
    Just received this from BlackBerry Mobile tech support:

I have verified that Best Buy will not have the previous devices available only the newer model and the Key2LE due to demand of device

"The previous device" being K2 black and silver, "the newer model" being K2 Red
    05-09-19 04:13 PM
    Just received this from BlackBerry Mobile tech support:

I have verified that Best Buy will not have the previous devices available only the newer model and the Key2LE due to demand of device

"The previous device" being K2 black and silver, "the newer model" being K2 Red
    I'm holding out for the Key2 Orange and Green Hurricanes model. Go Canes!!
    05-09-19 04:21 PM
    I'm holding out for the Key2 Orange and Green Hurricanes model. Go Canes!!
    I'm assuming Orange Chuck because of the jumpsuits the Canes players wear?

Bob
    05-09-19 04:32 PM
    I'm just going to say it. I'm pretty sure BBmo is done with phones. Red edition will propane be the last
    John Albert likes this.
    05-09-19 05:03 PM
    I'm assuming Orange Chuck because of the jumpsuits the Canes players wear?

Bob
    That and it does match the swagger ;-)
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-09-19 05:07 PM
    I'm just going to say it. I'm pretty sure BBmo is done with phones. Red edition will propane be the last
    The Red edition is powered by propane ?
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-09-19 05:40 PM
    Probably.
    05-09-19 05:49 PM
    Yes, it's red hot, well maybe yellow hot as it is propane!
    05-09-19 06:27 PM