For some unknown reason, my Key2 shut down and I'm unable to turn it back on. I've used the power button and it shows "Blackberry Powered by Android" then shuts off again. I've also held down the power button for 32 seconds, which brings up the same message. I've also tried to hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time which brings up a menu. I've tried all options to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Ugh!!
    12-27-21 10:59 AM
    For some unknown reason, my Key2 shut down and I'm unable to turn it back on. I've used the power button and it shows "Blackberry Powered by Android" then shuts off again. I've also held down the power button for 32 seconds, which brings up the same message. I've also tried to hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time which brings up a menu. I've tried all options to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Ugh!!
    Battery dead?
    12-27-21 11:18 AM
    I'd take it to a repair shop.... they might be able to hook it up to a power source or another battery to determine if it's just your battery that had died, or another internal issue.
    12-27-21 11:25 AM
    The battery is fine. When I plug it in, it shows that it's charging.
    12-27-21 11:46 AM
    The battery is fine. When I plug it in, it shows that it's charging.
    That's it's charging isn't really a sign that it's ok... could still have a bad cell.

But in the end, beyond the battery.... not much else you can do. Sounds like during boot, their is a failure that shuts the device off. If it's not the battery, it's likely something you can't fix. And if you can't get into the boot menu, can't even try an Autoloader....
    12-27-21 01:26 PM
    I guess my only solution is to take it into a repair shop. Thanks for trying to assist.
    12-27-21 03:28 PM
    Well, it's official. The phone is dead. I picked her up from the morgue today. I've held out for +20 years, being loyal to Blackberry. Now that they're no longer available, I'm left with no choice but to......gulp.......move to another brand. :-(
    Frosty458 likes this.
    12-29-21 09:03 PM
    Well, it's official. The phone is dead. I picked her up from the morgue today. I've held out for +20 years, being loyal to Blackberry. Now that they're no longer available, I'm left with no choice but to......gulp.......move to another brand. :-(
    Don’t be cheap on your replacement. There’s awesome promotions out there from all carriers. Get the best 5G deal from the carrier providing the best 4G/5G network coverage in your area then get the best 5G device promotion on carrier supported device.
    lbursey likes this.
    12-30-21 09:07 AM
    There's always a choice to use something different than the usual AppleSung offerings that are aggressively pushed by carriers/retailers, but they do provide some convenience especially with 5G shutdown and longer software updates.
    lbursey likes this.
    12-30-21 12:48 PM
    There's always a choice to use something different than the usual AppleSung offerings that are aggressively pushed by carriers/retailers, but they do provide some convenience especially with 5G shutdown and longer software updates.
    The only reason to not be different for the next 12-18 months is carrier devices support. We really don’t know how each carrier network coverage footprint is going to exist until 3G shutdown and 5G conversion is complete. Forgetting convenience and software updates, a customer will have far more replace/exchange/return leverage if the device is on a carrier account with payments due. This will definitely make it far more difficult to use factory unlocked devices until the actual optimized network band assignments have been solidified.
    lbursey likes this.
    12-30-21 01:56 PM
    Thanks, I picked up a new phone today. It will take me a while to learn how to type quickly on a screen.......
    Frosty458 likes this.
    12-30-21 04:04 PM
    Thanks, I picked up a new phone today. It will take me a while to learn how to type quickly on a screen.......
    LOL - congratulations

You’re supposed to share with us what you got…..
    lbursey likes this.
    12-30-21 04:25 PM
    LOL - congratulations

You’re supposed to share with us what you got…..
    I ended up with a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G. Given a choice, I would still have a Blackberry Key2 but none exist in Canada. I guess I'll have to move forward (unwillingly) with the rest of the world.
    12-30-21 04:49 PM
    I ended up with a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G. Given a choice, I would still have a Blackberry Key2 but none exist in Canada. I guess I'll have to move forward (unwillingly) with the rest of the world.
    LOL - I’d try out GBoard and SwiftKey for their VKB apps. I know Boon and conite use them. I use GBoard primarily.
    12-30-21 05:12 PM
    Hopefully something more interesting comes along at some point in the future. While I lost hope with OM, I didn't with all the others.
    lbursey likes this.
    12-30-21 08:02 PM
    LOL - I’d try out GBoard and SwiftKey for their VKB apps. I know Boon and conite use them. I use GBoard primarily.
    Thanks for the tip!
    12-30-21 10:56 PM
    Hopefully something more interesting comes along at some point in the future. While I lost hope with OM, I didn't with all the others.
    What others?!?!!
    12-30-21 10:57 PM
    I wish the new generation embraces that BlackBerry is productive for those who are students or have side gigs. But it seems everyone uses it for social media, videos, pictures...which is fine but overtakes the fact BlackBerry was meant for productivity not necessarily a mini Tablet where you watch YouTube videos, go on Instagram or Facebook... I mean that's what I have my laptops for. I am sounding resentful. Don't mind me!!!

I think the android-based Key2 will still give us a few more "good" years right!!!!????
    01-05-22 09:31 PM
    Baaah, I hate seeing my dirty or sweaty fingers slide across the screen. Ugh... I like knowing I am PRESSURING buttons.
    01-05-22 09:32 PM
    if you truly wanted to keep your Key2 and you are from Canada, you could go into a Ubreakifix and request they get a new motherboard and install it for you. I am hanging on to my Key2. it has a new motherboard, new keyboard, new battery, etc. small price to pay for keeping it functional.
    lbursey likes this.
    01-05-22 11:34 PM
    I got the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (with 5G).
    Coming from the S6 via KeyOne and Key2.
    Brilliant.

Black Hub+Suite is ok.
    A pity MS OneNote is crap on Android
    lbursey likes this.
    01-06-22 03:36 AM
    I got the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (with 5G).
    Coming from the S6 via KeyOne and Key2.
    Brilliant.

Black Hub+Suite is ok.
    A pity MS OneNote is crap on Android
    Leave the old (soon to be EOL) BlackBerry Suite off.

You have 3 layers to deal with now - Google + OneUI/Samsung bloat + BlackBerry bloat.
    01-06-22 08:48 AM
    if you truly wanted to keep your Key2 and you are from Canada, you could go into a Ubreakifix and request they get a new motherboard and install it for you. I am hanging on to my Key2. it has a new motherboard, new keyboard, new battery, etc. small price to pay for keeping it functional.
    Thanks for this information. Unfortunately, it's too late as I already have another phone. I have friends who still have their Key2's who will be happy to have this news if something happens to theirs. Most appreciated.
    01-06-22 09:42 AM
    I thought the Android OS wasn't affected?!!
    01-06-22 06:50 PM
    I thought the Android OS wasn't affected?!!
    Not by the BlackBerry shutdown.

But they won't work on AT&T next month because of the 3G shutdown.
    01-06-22 07:37 PM
32 12