05-09-18 07:41 PM
    Source:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...ws-and-rumors/

Where they got this graphic, I have no idea:

Last edited by conite; 05-09-18 at 08:06 PM.
    sorgo likes this.
    05-09-18 07:54 PM
    June 7 I am on a motorcycle camping trip in Utah and I will be in an extremely remote area without cell service... so I will have to read about this event announcing the KEYtwo when I return to civilization June 9.

Bob
    05-09-18 08:37 PM
    June 7 would line up almost exactly a year from K1 availability in USA
    05-09-18 09:09 PM
    If that holds true it means that the bulk of the sales from KEYone launch to date (or recent) came from the US, hence US launch (vs. Europe) and perhaps the first market to have availability.
    05-09-18 09:28 PM
    If that holds true it means that the bulk of the sales from KEYone launch to date (or recent) came from the US, hence US launch (vs. Europe) and perhaps the first market to have availability.
    Doubtful.
    05-09-18 09:35 PM
    Doubtful.
    That the bulk of the sales came from the US?
    05-09-18 09:36 PM
    That the bulk of the sales came from the US?
    Yes. Highly doubtful.
    05-09-18 09:37 PM
    Yes. Highly doubtful.
    What would you estimate? China? Equal spread?
    05-09-18 09:39 PM
    What would you estimate? China? Equal spread?
    I really don't know, but the US is generally a wasteland for BlackBerry-branded devices. It has been for years.
    citystars41 and skinnymike1 like this.
    05-09-18 09:40 PM
    I really don't know, but the US is generally a wasteland for BlackBerry-branded devices. It has been for years.
    Interesting! Do you know what was the strongest market historically?
    05-09-18 09:42 PM
    Interesting! Do you know what was the strongest market historically?
    Anything BUT the US. Lol.
    05-09-18 09:43 PM
    What?!?!? Are you serious? But what do we use here if not BB devices? Now you tell me there’s another brand I could have used?

Don't worry... I've found a new brand here in the states. ZTE forevah !!!!! Gotta stay current and modern......
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-09-18 10:20 PM
    What?!?!? Are you serious? But what do we use here if not BB devices? Now you tell me there’s another brand I could have used?

Don't worry... I've found a new brand here in the states. ZTE forevah !!!!! Gotta stay current and modern......
    At least that is being sensible. Trust into American tech, the way systems are stacked against you, is highly dangerous for privacy and security until the United States government changes it's ways.
    Security is best policy.
    Tech companies would be forced to move to more secure countries like Mexico and Canada
    aniket gupta likes this.
    05-09-18 10:30 PM
    Lmao the part at the end when they say KEY2 might even be launched with Nougat... I mean, I know BB isn't first on OS updates but suggesting that the KEY2 will ship with Nougat 7.0, (which is even lower than the KEYone's 7.1.1) is just hating on BB.
    citystars41 likes this.
    05-10-18 04:10 AM
    Lmao the part at the end when they say KEY2 might even be launched with Nougat... I mean, I know BB isn't first on OS updates but suggesting that the KEY2 will ship with Nougat 7.0, (which is even lower than the KEYone's 7.1.1) is just hating on BB.
    There is no way this would happen. People were flipping when the Priv launched with lollipop and that was probably 3 months after marshmallow launched. To launch without Oreo, which dropped 7ish months ago, would insane.
    Bob80220 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-10-18 08:21 AM
    To launch without Oreo, which dropped 7ish months ago, would insane.
    Agreed...

Bob
    05-10-18 08:44 AM
    And that even simply IMPOSSIBLE now.
    Since a new released certified device MUST come with Oreo 8 as minimum.
    Don't remember exactly when Google did put the limit. That started the past month or in the debut of May IIRC.
    05-10-18 10:13 AM
    And that even simply IMPOSSIBLE now.
    Since a new released certified device MUST come with Oreo 8 as minimum.
    Don't remember exactly when Google did put the limit. That started the past month or in the debut of May IIRC.
    Not to mention the recent WiFi alliance shows it as running Oreo.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-10-18 10:34 AM
    June 7, meaning we will have to wait until August 23rd to be able to find one in United States and December 32nd to see one in stores and play with it... Unless they mass release these to stores, at least to some of the best buys (come on spare few units for demo, don't be that cheap Blackberry!) I doubt this will make any difference. Maybe they'll open their pop up store in downtown manhattan again..
    05-10-18 03:40 PM
    June 7, meaning we will have to wait until August 23rd to be able to find one in United States and December 32nd to see one in stores and play with it... Unless they mass release these to stores, at least to some of the best buys (come on spare few units for demo, don't be that cheap Blackberry!) I doubt this will make any difference. Maybe they'll open their pop up store in downtown manhattan again..
    If they can get AT&T then maybe Verizon carries this go around. KEYtwo will be DOA in NA if two biggest carriers in NA don’t inventory. BBMo/TCL needs symbolic vote of confidence from the Big Two. It almost made it to Verizon last time. So close....
    05-10-18 04:34 PM
    I wasn't even thinking about carriers because I lost hope in carriers actually selling/carrying the phone in stores and having demo models since the Z30 flop. AT&T had very limited release and availability of Priv (I had to drive 1 hour to an AT&T store while I had 10 other stores within 25 miles, to play with Priv).

If they can really get carriers, I think that will be a big push, but generally they don't make enough phones, so they try to attract small user base and make as much money as possible with small number of sales. I always said it, the number of devices BB will sell is about same, no matter what price point they make, except if it's half price, maybe and that's a HUGE maybe, they will sell twice the number of devices, does that give them more profit? No. So why sell 50,000 KeyOnes at $350 when they can sell 25,000 at $700. They are not thinking big, they are not thinking about exposure to market.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-10-18 04:41 PM
    June 7 would line up almost exactly a year from K1 availability in USA
    It would also line up with the 3rd party K2 accessories that you can pre-order on Amazon which would ship the week following June 7.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-10-18 04:44 PM
    Or it could mean that there's an event in the USA where they present it. If I'd present something at CES, I could still launch it in Asia first. Location of presentation doesn't say anything.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-10-18 04:45 PM
    I wasn't even thinking about carriers because I lost hope in carriers actually selling/carrying the phone in stores and having demo models since the Z30 flop. AT&T had very limited release and availability of Priv (I had to drive 1 hour to an AT&T store while I had 10 other stores within 25 miles, to play with Priv).

If they can really get carriers, I think that will be a big push, but generally they don't make enough phones, so they try to attract small user base and make as much money as possible with small number of sales. I always said it, the number of devices BB will sell is about same, no matter what price point they make, except if it's half price, maybe and that's a HUGE maybe, they will sell twice the number of devices, does that give them more profit? No. So why sell 50,000 KeyOnes at $350 when they can sell 25,000 at $700. They are not thinking big, they are not thinking about exposure to market.
    It’s an entry point for their other brands Alcatel, Palm and TCL in the postpaid space. They’re hoping to avoid the Huawei and ZTE stigma. That stigma has been around in mobile and technology for several years.
    05-10-18 04:51 PM
81 123 ...