Well there are still some Canadians employed by BlackBerry. The small team that patches the OS. The guy who shares his workstation with the kernel hardening desktop. Last but not least the herd of accountants hired to make sure that TCL pays every cent owing .
    What does this have to do with trying to make a profit? I understand the connection which is left over from long ago, and it sucks when we feel corporations don’t look at us as loyal individuals, but it’s the state of our world economic system today.
    05-18-19 10:35 AM
    I live in central British Columbia and got my red edition yesterday. I got around the distribution by ordering from BestBuy.com in the USA, Canada and used their "International Customers" option to ship it to my friend in Washington state. He comes over the border frequently for meetings in Vancouver BC so he brought it up for me on Tuesday and dropped it off at my office in Surrey. They couriers it up to me. Typing on it now.

I upgraded from my Key1 Black Edition 4/64.

I'm loving the new keyboard experience. This definitely feels flagship.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-18-19 10:43 AM
    What does this have to do with trying to make a profit? I understand the connection which is left over from long ago, and it sucks when we feel corporations don’t look at us as loyal individuals, but it’s the state of our world economic system today.
    My comment was made slightly tongue in cheek.

TCL must do everything possible to convince carriers that there is a demand in the USA. If the carriers see that BlackBerry can sell phones through third party resellers they might give the brand more credence. Then again, no one knows what TCL is thinking. Not even TCL.
    05-18-19 11:06 AM
    Wouldn't it be something if US inventory is out because BBMo sold what they had to, and now it's either make another batch or wait for a Key3.
    05-18-19 11:22 AM
    I live in central British Columbia and got my red edition yesterday. I got around the distribution by ordering from BestBuy.com in the USA, Canada and used their "International Customers" option to ship it to my friend in Washington state. He comes over the border frequently for meetings in Vancouver BC so he brought it up for me on Tuesday and dropped it off at my office in Surrey. They couriers it up to me. Typing on it now.

I upgraded from my Key1 Black Edition 4/64.

I'm loving the new keyboard experience. This definitely feels flagship.
    Nice work! I'm in Toronto and was going to buy from bestbuy.com, have it shipped to a store in Orlando and pick it up when was recently there. I put the brakes on everything when I realized that the version sold on best buy was single SIM and not dual. For me, dual SIM is everything!
    05-18-19 12:22 PM
    My comment was made slightly tongue in cheek.

TCL must do everything possible to convince carriers that there is a demand in the USA. If the carriers see that BlackBerry can sell phones through third party resellers they might give the brand more credence. Then again, no one knows what TCL is thinking. Not even TCL.
    I agree. Everything possible is the key phrase. It’s not easy to gain market share and they have to be careful they don’t overproduced stock that won’t sell. Small steps can lead them in the right direction.
    05-18-19 12:30 PM
    Wouldn't it be something if US inventory is out because BBMo sold what they had to, and now it's either make another batch or wait for a Key3.
    It would. I guess we’ll know sooner or later.
    05-18-19 12:31 PM
    Well I guess I got lucky, dropped my Key2 black and busted the screen and jumped on BestBuy and ordered the Red one before it disappeared. I got it two weeks ago and I love how it looks and feels but the reception is still bad and it is back to dropping phone calls while you are talking to people. I'm in Dallas so I know its not for a lack of cell towers.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-18-19 12:33 PM
    Life and death of products is similar to living beings. You can find signs of life or death in the same being or product and hindsight is always 20/20 so there you go.

I've been purchasing BB and BBMo devices 15+ years and used corporate devices even longer. I've always purchased carrier devices for total support package and in later years to offset all the uncertainty of BB and BBMo hardware and software.

When I buy factory unlocked, I especially do so understanding it could be immediately worthless so I have low expectations. I bought the BE KEYone since I couldn't buy another 4/64 device at really any better price than Amazon offered me on new damaged type packaging.

If fails tomorrow, I'll survive $250 loss. If you can't use this attitude, BB and BBMo isn't the brand for you. This is literally the BlackBerry DNA from the beginning.
    05-18-19 12:58 PM
    Just a reminder: the bickering and sniping is not acceptable. If you can't debate in a civil manner, move on to another thread.
    05-18-19 01:34 PM
    You can do whatever you want in your own head, but facts are facts. TCL has licenced the brand name - it's theirs to do with as they see fit.
    Yes and no. The licensing terms decide what they can and can't do. Most of these terms we don't know, but we do know some.
    For example, BlackBerry Ltd. Does have to give a final approval on any device released by TCL.
    Also, the BlackBerry logo on the back of the phone can be in silver or black only.
    05-18-19 02:50 PM
    Yes and no. The licensing terms decide what they can and can't do. Most of these terms we don't know, but we do know some.
    For example, BlackBerry Ltd. Does have to give a final approval on any device released by TCL.
    Also, the BlackBerry logo on the back of the phone can be in silver or black only.
    We are discussing distribution decisions.
    05-18-19 03:22 PM
    We are discussing distribution decisions.
    Hey conite, sorry buddy I flew off the handle. Just a bit frustrated that the distribution of their hottest product right now is so poorly handled...especially here in Canada.
    John Albert and TgeekB like this.
    05-18-19 04:17 PM
    The famous quote by P.T. Barnum comes to mind...

Bob
    Naw. I have two of them. One I use, one in an unopened box. It's a beautiful device and for those of us with "disposable cash" , it's cool.

For those who may be naysayers, until you hold it in your BlackBerry stained hands, you just don't know how truly "First World" cool it is and it's a REAL upgrade from the OG Key2.
    05-18-19 04:53 PM
    Today, I purchased Key2 LE Atomic from BestBuy Store. They already confirmed to me the Red Edition isn't coming back, so I got the LE Atomic instead. If you are interested, I'm posting the image of build date.

KEY2 Red Edition maybe discontinued in the USA?-20190518_210912.jpg
    the_boon likes this.
    05-18-19 08:19 PM
    Today, I purchased Key2 LE Atomic from BestBuy Store. They already confirmed to me the Red Edition isn't coming back, so I got the LE Atomic instead. If you are interested, I'm posting the image of build date.
    I wonder if that one would match the one that can be accessed through the dialer...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-19 08:24 PM
    I wonder if that one would match the one that can be accessed through the dialer...

Posted via CB10
    How to do it via the dialer?
    I can check.
    05-18-19 08:33 PM
    Naw. I have two of them. One I use, one in an unopened box. It's a beautiful device and for those of us with "disposable cash" , it's cool.

For those who may be naysayers, until you hold it in your BlackBerry stained hands, you just don't know how truly "First World" cool it is and it's a REAL upgrade from the OG Key2.
    So...

Would you sell one of your Red KEY2's ?
    05-18-19 08:34 PM
    How to do it via the dialer?
    I can check.
    Type *#2886# into the phone dialer.

Select "manual" , then "traceability".

Posted via CB10
    05-18-19 08:36 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190518_210912.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	444457
    Way to go John! Persistence is a virtue.
    05-18-19 10:32 PM
    Same sticker build date.

KEY2 Red Edition maybe discontinued in the USA?-20190519_030411.jpg
    Ben xfg likes this.
    05-19-19 02:08 AM
    So...

Would you sell one of your Red KEY2's ?
    Probably not, unless someone offered a ridiculous price for it. This Red Edition now seems rare and I'm a BlackBerryaholic for sure.
    05-19-19 05:17 AM
    Probably not, unless someone offered a ridiculous price for it. This Red Edition now seems rare and I'm a BlackBerryaholic for sure.
    That's just too much.... Nobody is going to pay that ;-) until they do...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-19-19 01:58 PM
    That's just too much.... Nobody is going to pay that ;-) until they do...
    Someone with more money than brains.
    John Albert and Elky64 like this.
    05-19-19 02:06 PM
    Someone with more money than brains.
    There are probably some still willing to pay something around $300 for a Red Passport today, a device with an OS that will terminate in 6 months.

The Red KEY2 would be a much much better investment, but we all already know that, dont we
    05-19-19 02:45 PM
254 ... 34567 ...