What do you view as essential backup plans?
    I downloaded an SMS backup tool that seemed to work. It transferred all the SMS texts to the new phone.
    Most of the other stuff seems to have come over through google.

But - even for other folks besides me - what are the back up essentials? Might as well do the planning now since you brought it up. All of the phones will someday have a problem. So i am in on planning.
    Just keep everything in the cloud, and don't use SMS. Use a proper cloud-based instant messenger app instead.
    03-29-22 12:11 PM
    What do you view as essential backup plans?
    I downloaded an SMS backup tool that seemed to work. It transferred all the SMS texts to the new phone.
    Most of the other stuff seems to have come over through google.

But - even for other folks besides me - what are the back up essentials? Might as well do the planning now since you brought it up. All of the phones will someday have a problem. So i am in on planning.
    Me... I have an iPhone so it's not an issue at all now.

Back with Android, there were just a few Apps that didn't get backed up... most were the BlackBerry Suite Apps. Password Keeper had it's own solution that you needed to setup. Lauchner just didn't have any backup options, so if you just had to live with rebuilding your "desktop" each time (or use something else). Google Photos only did HD Backups... so really need another option that does full original resolutions - I used OneDirve to take care of that. Still use it with Apple as well as a secondary backup and way to share images and files with my other devices. Many Apps or Services have their own cloud storage so only need to login to get right back to where you were. Biggest thing for some BlackBerry users... they are stuck using POP emails and want to avoid the cloud - which isn't a wise choice for data redundancy.

Do the best you can... and then test (do a Factory Reset), so you know what covered and what isn't.
    04-01-22 09:40 AM
27 12