Hello Eveyone.

I've been exclusively using BBs for many years, and currently using a Priv for ~two years. Recently, my Priv's battery life has been dwindling too rapidly, even after having installed a new battery about two months ago. I'm contemplating the purchase of a KEY2 (not LE) for a variety of reasons, but I'm finding it confusing in terms of what specific KEY2 model to get, along with where to get it. I have some questions that perhaps some of you could answer for me:

- I believe the KEY2 has a virtual keyboard. Can someone post of photo a KEY2 with the VKB activated? I'd just like to see it.
    - My service provider is TING, an MVNO using T-Mobile. Can anyone verify that a KEY2 can use WiFi calling on TING/T-Mobile? It works great with my Priv.
    - KEY2 model numbers are all over the place: BBF100-2, etc. I think the BBF100-2 is the one I should seek.

Note: TING is awesome. I'm super-pleased with their service and customer support.

Any advice and information would be very much appreciated.
    11-29-19 02:45 PM
    Hello Eveyone.

I've been exclusively using BBs for many years, and currently using a Priv for ~two years. Recently, my Priv's battery life has been dwindling too rapidly, even after having installed a new battery about two months ago. I'm contemplating the purchase of a KEY2 (not LE) for a variety of reasons, but I'm finding it confusing in terms of what specific KEY2 model to get, along with where to get it. I have some questions that perhaps some of you could answer for me:

- I believe the KEY2 has a virtual keyboard. Can someone post of photo a KEY2 with the VKB activated? I'd just like to see it.
    - My service provider is TING, an MVNO using T-Mobile. Can anyone verify that a KEY2 can use WiFi calling on TING/T-Mobile? It works great with my Priv.
    - KEY2 model numbers are all over the place: BBF100-2, etc. I think the BBF100-2 is the one I should seek.

Note: TING is awesome. I'm super-pleased with their service and customer support.

If you're in the US, the BBF100-2 is the one you wanna get.

Currently GoTalkUSA has a $150 off discount code on them.

So instead of $680 it's gonna be $530 which is much better.

Discount code: BFKEY2

https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...-key2-unlocked
    bobbrayner1 likes this.
    12-01-19 02:29 AM
    Hello Eveyone.

Everything boon said above is great information. Unfortunately, WFC has been a problem for KEYone and Key2 even on T-Mobile if not on actual postpaid T-Mobile account. Prepaid T-Mobile and T-Mobile MVNOs haven’t been so lucky.
    bobbrayner1 likes this.
    12-01-19 09:22 AM
    Hope this helps!KEY2 Questions.....-screenshot_20191201-095200.jpeg
    12-01-19 09:52 AM
    This is a better look.KEY2 Questions.....-img_20191201_100146.jpeg
    the_boon likes this.
    12-01-19 10:03 AM
    Hello Eveyone.

Like the_boon said, BBF100-2 is the one you want. Chuck Finley is also correct, unless you are a techie and don't mind messing around with firmware, autoloaders, flags, fastboot, etc. then WFC will not work for T-Mobile/Ting.

and like danfranciso said, the vkb will come up in landscape mode, plus there is also toggles to have vkb always come up no matter what direction you're holding the device.

It really depends on what exactly you are wanting from the phone and how much of a tech guru you are. WiFi calling sounds like the sticking point to me, but just in case you are willing to go down the rabbit hole of messing around with the firmware, here's how to get WiFi calling enabled - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rking-1163485/
    bobbrayner1 likes this.
    12-04-19 08:50 AM
    Like the_boon said, BBF100-2 is the one you want. Chuck Finley is also correct, unless you are a techie and don't mind messing around with firmware, autoloaders, flags, fastboot, etc. then WFC will not work for T-Mobile/Ting.

and like danfranciso said, the vkb will come up in landscape mode, plus there is also toggles to have vkb always come up no matter what direction you're holding the device.

It really depends on what exactly you are wanting from the phone and how much of a tech guru you are. WiFi calling sounds like the sticking point to me, but just in case you are willing to go down the rabbit hole of messing around with the firmware, here's how to get WiFi calling enabled - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rking-1163485/
    Wow! THANKS for the info. I really appreciate it! Clear, concise, factual! Yes...WiFi calling is a big deal for me in my particular uses and travels. I'll check that link and decide if I want to accept the challenge. Thanks Summer_Moon (and all the others)!
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    12-04-19 09:53 AM