Greetings CB,
    I'm getting ready to pull the Tigger on a Key2 Dual-SIM 128 GB variant (BBF-100-6). I live in Florida (USA).

Can anyone who has purchased from a 3rd party reseller please provide their experiences with such?

First, does BlackBerry still honor the manufacturer warranty and support if NOT purchased from an authorized reseller?

Secondly, I'm look in Ebay from the seller "Never MSRP" out of Houston, for $699, but after a few days, they still have not responded to 2 messages I sent with questions.

There is also "NGP" out of Seattle, both on Amazon and Ebay for $718 to $749.

Does anyone have any experience with the Squartrade replacement insurance? Seems pretty good for $72 to $80 and covers 2 years.
    Last edited by willyq711; 10-10-18 at 08:39 AM.
    10-10-18 08:27 AM
    Greetings CB,
    I'm getting ready to pull the Tigger on a Key2 Dual-SIM 128 GB variant (BBF-100-6). I live in Florida (USA).

Can anyone who has purchased from a 3rd party reseller please provide their experiences with such?

First, does BlackBerry still honor the manufacturer warranty and support if NOT purchased from an authorized reseller?

Secondly, I'm look in Ebay from the seller "Never MSRP" out of Houston, for $699, but after a few days, they still have not responded to 2 messages I sent with questions.

Does anyone have any experience with the Squartrade replacement insurance? Seems pretty good for $72 to $80 and covers 2 years.
    I used Amazon for a few Key2s and they've been really good. I had a defective device and they had a new replacement at my door either the same day or the next morning, I can't remember. I reached out to BB Mobile initially for help with the defective device and they advised me to reach out to the seller. Just my experience in this case with BB device support.

I used NGP for a P9983 a while back and they sucked. Sent me the wrong variant and took about 3 weeks to get the phone. I'm believe they're out of China too, not Seattle.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-10-18 08:51 AM
    I used Amazon for a few Key2s and they've been really good. I had a defective device and they had a new replacement at my door either the same day or the next morning, I can't remember. I reached out to BB Mobile initially for help with the defective device and they advised me to reach out to the seller. Just my experience in this case with BB device support.

I used NGP for a P9983 a while back and they sucked. Sent me the wrong variant and took about 3 weeks to get the phone. I'm believe they're out of China too, not Seattle.
    Amazon would be my preferred method, however I think you are referring to the North America approved devices, not an international one like the BBF100-6 (Dual-SIM 128 GB). If I want this specific device from a US seller, I have no choice but to take a risk, but that's why I'm trying to see who I go with.
    10-10-18 12:53 PM
    Amazon would be my preferred method, however I think you are referring to the North America approved devices, not an international one like the BBF100-6 (Dual-SIM 128 GB). If I want this specific device from a US seller, I have no choice but to take a risk, but that's why I'm trying to see who I go with.
    Ah, I see your point. Yeah....you would likely have to go to the 3rd party seller on Amazon if you had any issues with your device. I think that's what BB Mobile would tell you in any case, regardless of who you purchased from. You'd likely have to rely on the seller's warranty program. I believe.
    10-10-18 02:24 PM
    As with most out-of-market electronics purchases, you are essentially on your own when it comes to support - having to rely on the seller who may or may not even support the device for 30 days.

As someone who has purchased out-of-market audio or photography gear (Sony gear from Japan, for example, or grey-market Nikkor lenses), manufacturers generally won't even provide paid support for out-of-market devices - in part because local service suppliers often don't have the correct parts or training.
    10-10-18 03:37 PM
    Basically you’re purchasing a device with little to no warranty.
    As with most out-of-market electronics purchases, you are essentially on your own when it comes to support - having to rely on the seller who may or may not even support the device for 30 days.

As someone who has purchased out-of-market audio or photography gear (Sony gear from Japan, for example, or grey-market Nikkor lenses), manufacturers generally won't even provide paid support for out-of-market devices - in part because local service suppliers often don't have the correct parts or training.
    10-10-18 03:41 PM
    Greetings CB,

First, I ONLY, ONLY, ONLY purchase tech products from authorized sellers, so I can go back to them, and then the manufacturer. From reading various posts here -- and I can't say this definitively -- however, it sounds like BlackBerry is not going to honor the warranty if the device was purchased from some non-authorized re-seller.

Second, I buy a lot on ebay -- not tech products -- and if someone doesn't respond to 2 messages after a few days, I move on, and quickly. I only buy from sellers with very high ratings -- but if they are not responsive, I won't even buy from them, regardless of their rating.

Third, I can't speak to Amazon. I am an Amazon newbie, LOL.

If it was me -- I'd pay the extra money and buy from Best Buy. They are authorized, legitimate, retail, you can return it, get a replacement, buy additional warranty/insurance type coverage, etc. Good luck.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-11-18 09:32 PM
    First, I ONLY, ONLY, ONLY purchase tech products from authorized sellers, so I can go back to them, and then the manufacturer. From reading various posts here -- and I can't say this definitively -- however, it sounds like BlackBerry is not going to honor the warranty if the device was purchased from some non-authorized re-seller.

Second, I buy a lot on ebay -- not tech products -- and if someone doesn't respond to 2 messages after a few days, I move on, and quickly. I only buy from sellers with very high ratings -- but if they are not responsive, I won't even buy from them, regardless of their rating.

Third, I can't speak to Amazon. I am an Amazon newbie, LOL.

If it was me -- I'd pay the extra money and buy from Best Buy. They are authorized, legitimate, retail, you can return it, get a replacement, buy additional warranty/insurance type coverage, etc. Good luck.
    Awesome! Thanks for that and all the responses from everyone else, it really does help. Chuck is a man of few words, but they Speak loudly LOL.

Tech I., the problem I have is that the Key2 Dual-SIM is not available to the US market, and therefore not for same at BestBuy or Amazon. The closest Dual-SIM unit I can safely purchase is the Key2 LE from my friends at Blueshop Canada, as is how I purchased my KeyOne BE, and BlackBerry did honor my warranty, only that they'd have to ship any replacement phones to a Canada address (one of my best friends lives there so that's OK). However, they were willing to let me use the Houston Repair center only that they were not fully functional yet.

The Key2 LE just won't have the juice I need for a power user such as myself (225+ apps installed and hardcore use throughout the day). One of the Ebay providers out of New Jersey did repsonde immediately, and clearly stated they would honor a return policy of 30 days including some basic support, but nothing other than that. My other option is to order from them and pay for the $80 Squaretrade replacement warranty.
    10-12-18 10:11 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for that and all the responses from everyone else, it really does help. Chuck is a man of few words, but they Speak loudly LOL.

Tech I., the problem I have is that the Key2 Dual-SIM is not available to the US market, and therefore not for same at BestBuy or Amazon. The closest Dual-SIM unit I can safely purchase is the Key2 LE from my friends at Blueshop Canada, as is how I purchased my KeyOne BE, and BlackBerry did honor my warranty, only that they'd have to ship any replacement phones to a Canada address (one of my best friends lives there so that's OK). However, they were willing to let me use the Houston Repair center only that they were not fully functional yet.

The Key2 LE just won't have the juice I need for a power user such as myself (225+ apps installed and hardcore use throughout the day). One of the Ebay providers out of New Jersey did repsonde immediately, and clearly stated they would honor a return policy of 30 days including some basic support, but nothing other than that. My other option is to order from them and pay for the $80 Squaretrade replacement warranty.
    I’ve used Squaretrade before and their warranty is better than nothing provided “grey market” devices are covered.
    10-12-18 10:23 AM
    I’ve used Squaretrade before and their warranty is better than nothing provided “grey market” devices are covered.
    Thanks Chuck, do you know if they cover lost or stolen devices as well? (I'll verify myself anyhow).
    10-12-18 11:06 AM
    Thanks Chuck, do you know if they cover lost or stolen devices as well? (I'll verify myself anyhow).
    Doesn’t cover loss or theft....
    10-12-18 12:03 PM