02-10-19 09:11 AM
    Interesting, bestbuy just did the same thing:

Black $579.99
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=BdV8BhHE

Also the keyone is now $339.99

Didn't someone mention that they might be introducing something at MWC? And if that happens don't most companies drop their prices right before?
    02-10-19 09:25 AM

Black $579.99
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=95bDxqel

Didn't someone mention that they might be introducing something at MWC? And if that happens don't most companies drop their prices right before?
    Hmmmmmmm
    02-10-19 09:26 AM

Black $579.99
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zF-1uA9K

Probably the red KEY².
    02-10-19 10:15 AM
    Probably the red KEY².
    If it is a red Key 2, what are the chances that it has some type of upgrade over the regular Key 2? Camera or something else.
    02-10-19 11:10 AM
    If it is a red Key 2, what are the chances that it has some type of upgrade over the regular Key 2? Camera or something else.
    I would say between zero and nil.
    mralgi and Bob80220 like this.
    02-10-19 11:10 AM
    I purchased my KEY2 and paid full price and I'm very satisfied. That being said, if I was sitting on the fence considering getting a KEY2, I would most assuredly pick one up at this price.

Bob
    02-10-19 11:54 AM
    I hope there is no upgrade they need to keep it all and make and awesome key3
    02-10-19 12:35 PM
    Wonder if Amazon EU will follow this price drop, or even exceed it :-).
    02-10-19 01:02 PM
    I was the one who pointed out that there have been hints of something coming up at MWC but it was Blaze who hinted at it in a different thread without any details. Over on the LE forums I have pretty much been beaten-to-death for thinking that something might be coming up at MWC so I stopped pointing it out.

Clearly price reductions could be hinting at this as well. The LE's price dropped about a week ago. In all honesty, I would have expected the price drops to occur about 1 month our for MWC if something was up but TCL might have its reasons for dropping the price only 2 weeks out (for the Key2). Of course, it's possible nothing shows up at MWC. We will see...

After Blaze's hint in Jan I returned my trial Key2 + LE to Amazon in case something comes up at MWC. So I'm back to my Classic for now but keeping my fingers crossed for an LE w/6GB (I would buy the Key2 but I am with Verizon and would prefer to go with what they officially support, as I am too busy with my business to worry about compatibility issues now or in the future).

Only 2 more weeks before we find out...
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-10-19 02:04 PM
    Amazon ca dropped price a few bucks as well.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg 🇨🇦
    02-10-19 02:22 PM
    I was the one who pointed out that there have been hints of something coming up at MWC but it was Blaze who hinted at it in a different thread without any details. Over on the LE forums I have pretty much been beaten-to-death for thinking that something might be coming up at MWC so I stopped pointing it out.

Clearly price reductions could be hinting at this as well. The LE's price dropped about a week ago. In all honesty, I would have expected the price drops to occur about 1 month our for MWC if something was up but TCL might have its reasons for dropping the price only 2 weeks out (for the Key2). Of course, it's possible nothing shows up at MWC. We will see...

After Blaze's hint in Jan I returned my trial Key2 + LE to Amazon in case something comes up at MWC. So I'm back to my Classic for now but keeping my fingers crossed for an LE w/6GB (I would buy the Key2 but I am with Verizon and would prefer to go with what they officially support, as I am too busy with my business to worry about compatibility issues now or in the future).

Only 2 more weeks before we find out...
    Sounds like the news could be a Key2 in Red color.
    02-10-19 02:25 PM
    I picked up a black k2 this morning from amazon and it was delivered same day and been playing with it all evening. this is my 5th one I believe and other than slight light bleed in the lower left portion of the screen I finally got one with a perfect keyboard. the space bar has zero wobble and is even and clicks the same as the rest of the buttons. hit the jackpot finally. build date (since I know some will want to know) is august 28th. right before this I bought the international bbf100-6 and the space key was so bad it would pop and make noises by just brushing my finger against it. that one went back.

I hope they do announce a k3 because I'll be ordering one for sure.
    02-10-19 11:58 PM
    I picked up a black k2 this morning from amazon and it was delivered same day and been playing with it all evening. this is my 5th one I believe and other than slight light bleed in the lower left portion of the screen I finally got one with a perfect keyboard. the space bar has zero wobble and is even and clicks the same as the rest of the buttons. hit the jackpot finally. build date (since I know some will want to know) is august 28th. right before this I bought the international bbf100-6 and the space key was so bad it would pop and make noises by just brushing my finger against it. that one went back.

I hope they do announce a k3 because I'll be ordering one for sure.
    Well good thing you got yourself a KEY2 with an acceptable spacebar.
    But the inconsistency is driving me crazy.
    They for sure had reports from people/carriers/retailers telling them about the issue, and yet we have people reporting that their December built units have wobbly spacebars.

This device has a design flaw, and they're not recognizing it.

So aside from a full-on scandal like a screen lift, they won't lift a finger to try to fix a commonly known issue?
    That's disappointing, I'll be sticking to my LE's until the next iteration devices, and I was ready to pull the trigger on a third KEY2 hoping it would be built in December.

Thankfully, the LE is a solid a** device, definitely the best by BBMo so far, despite being a "Lite Edition".
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-11-19 07:49 AM
    So why the differential between black and silver? If there was a differential wouldn't black be more?

Odd.
    02-11-19 11:08 AM
    So why the differential between black and silver? If there was a differential wouldn't black be more?

Odd.
    Supply and demand ?
    02-11-19 11:10 AM
    I expect it is a "retail" reason. Supply and demand being one factor.
    That said, one might expect the black to be more popular. The pricing suggests not.

Either way, the phone is getting to be a better deal and that is good for all of us.
    02-11-19 11:14 AM
    That said, one might expect the black to be more popular. The pricing suggests not.
    That only speaks to the demand side (although I far prefer the silver myself).

There must be a disproportionate supply of black available (whatever that ideal proportion may be).
    02-11-19 11:20 AM
    I have silver as well. I like it fine. With a case, I only see the silver on the keyboard "frets" so not an issue either way.
    I suppose they might have bought many more blacks. Or they came out later and initial demand was met by silver. Or ....
    02-11-19 11:24 AM
    I have silver as well. I like it fine. With a case, I only see the silver on the keyboard "frets" so not an issue either way.
    I suppose they might have bought many more blacks. Or they came out later and initial demand was met by silver. Or ....
    ...people continue to buy more silvers than they had anticipated.
    02-11-19 11:36 AM
    I got the email today and ordered a black one for myself. I also told a client of mine about the price drop and he ordered 8 for his employees and one for himself.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-11-19 03:44 PM
    I got the email today and ordered a black one for myself. I also told a client of mine about the price drop and he ordered 8 for his employees and one for himself.
    Sometimes I wonder if BlackBerry Mobile should just price the devices a little more aggressively and than sell on volume. I'm glad to hear that the sale has enticed yourself and a few others to purchase.

A lot of the reviews people had on the Key series indicated the price being a negative, why not take the negative away in some sense and than move more units?

Either way, I hope the Key 2 devices are enjoyed by all

Posted via CB10
    02-11-19 04:04 PM
    Sometimes I wonder if BlackBerry Mobile should just price the devices a little more aggressively and than sell on volume. I'm glad to hear that the sale has enticed yourself and a few others to purchase.

A lot of the reviews people had on the Key series indicated the price being a negative, why not take the negative away in some sense and than move more units?

Either way, I hope the Key 2 devices are enjoyed by all

Posted via CB10
    I doubt the profit yield curve is that price sensitive to make enough difference to offset the lower total profit. I’d guess at full retail, gross profit margin no better than $150 and this discount halves it.... Don’t think we’ll see double the sales......
    02-11-19 05:21 PM