But I find it unfair too to say that those whose devices are defect or have bugs simply can't handle their device or the OS or are unfamiliar with it. Am I wrong?
    I, for one, don't think you are necessarily wrong. Every manufacturer of a product will have a percentage of their output which ends up being defective or problematic. There are real bugs and defects with BlackBerry products. However, it is also true that many people with devices do not understand their hardware and/or software and blame the phone manufacturer instead of their own lack of knowledge.

My observation is that BlackBerry users tend to be more knowledgeable about their devices than many out there. The last community forum I participated in often left me incredulous at the ignorance of the user base. Although I have rolled my eyes a time or two, I haven't really felt that way about the CrackBerry community.
    08-22-19 09:16 AM
    How many ways could there possibly be to swipe a thumb up on a set of keys?!?
    I use the feature only occasionally, and any problem related to it doesn't seem to rear its head for me. It's generally quite reliable for my use case - certainly on par with any previous devices with that feature.

But, if I put my actual workflow aside, and strictly try to analyse the issue, I do notice occasional misses - which could be a problem for those using it extensively.

But I have NEVER been able to activate any feature by accident, as some report.
    Last edited by conite; 08-22-19 at 09:34 AM.
    08-22-19 09:21 AM
    But, if I put my actual workflow aside, and strictly try to analyse the issue, [/B]I do notice occasional misses[/B] - which could be a problem for those using it extensively.
    What some here were trying to say for almost a year now, is that said misses were NOT encountered on the Priv and Passport.

This is the kind of feature one may not use every 3 words typed, but when you do want to swipe up to autocomplete say like a long word, then it's nice to have the feature work as advertised.

It's that simple.

Me personally, I cannot say that swiping up has worked every single time, but it's been more than decent enough for me to tolerate my KEY2. I usually type so fast due to muscle memory that I hardly take a moment to stop the flow, then look at the suggestion words bar and then swipe to it.

It would be very handy when using the phone one handed though.
    RK_BB and Bob80220 like this.
    08-22-19 12:18 PM
    What some here were trying to say for almost a year now, is that said misses were NOT encountered on the Priv and Passport.

This is the kind of feature one may not use every 3 words typed, but when you do want to swipe up to autocomplete say like a long word, then it's nice to have the feature work as advertised.

It's that simple.

Me personally, I cannot say that swiping up has worked every single time, but it's been more than decent enough for me to tolerate my KEY2. I usually type so fast due to muscle memory that I hardly take a moment to stop the flow, then look at the suggestion words bar and then swipe to it.

It would be very handy when using the phone one handed though.
    Yes... the missed swiping of predicted words did not occur on the PRIV. Having used a PRIV for 3 years I can honestly attest to this being a fact. I can't speak to the Passport as I passed on that device but Passport users from all I've read didn't experience this issue either. It is most assuredly a flaw with the KEY2.

It's unfortunate this issue still plagues the KEY2 to this day even with the acknowledgement and admission the issue exists by BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support.

For me personally I find the KEY2 an outstanding and efficient device for my needs except for the PKB sensitivity issue. If only BlackBerry Mobile would resolve this issue then I would be 100% satisfied with the KEY2.

Despite the claims by a few here on CrackBerry to the contrary, this issue exists... I am extremely familiar with BlackBerry devices and Android so this is not a user caused phenomenon.

Bob
    08-22-19 12:34 PM
    Bang on Bob. Using my Passport I can 100% attest that word swiping is perfect! The K2 is most definitely flawed and one of the reasons I am using this beautiful Passport devise. Last of the true Berry's!

Posted with my Passport
    08-22-19 12:58 PM
    What some here were trying to say for almost a year now, is that said misses were NOT encountered on the Priv and Passpor.
    Yes, and I understood that very clearly.
    08-22-19 01:23 PM
    Yes... the missed swiping of predicted words did not occur on the PRIV. Having used a PRIV for 3 years I can honestly attest to this being a fact. I can't speak to the Passport as I passed on that device but Passport users from all I've read didn't experience this issue either. It is most assuredly a flaw with the KEY2.

It's unfortunate this issue still plagues the KEY2 to this day even with the acknowledgement and admission the issue exists by BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support.

For me personally I find the KEY2 an outstanding and efficient device for my needs except for the PKB sensitivity issue. If only BlackBerry Mobile would resolve this issue then I would be 100% satisfied with the KEY2.

Despite the claims by a few here on CrackBerry to the contrary, this issue exists... I am extremely familiar with BlackBerry devices and Android so this is not a user caused phenomenon.

Bob
    And honestly, I still prefer swiping on the KEY2 when compared to the KEYone and that ridiculous glossy finish on the keys that just ruins the experience.

I mean the gloss is ok to swipe up to autocomplete or swipe back to delete, but it's horrible for scrolling up and down for example. Just absolutely terrible.

If they HAD to put glossy keys somewhere, it should have been the LE.
    08-22-19 01:37 PM
    I'm going to pop some corn & watch the fireworks show! ;-)

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    dLam it! Why ifzz Blackburrys zo unreliable? Like every times I stuffs my faze wiff popcorn, peepoles on the others ends keep complainin my voize is all muffled and stuff?
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-22-19 01:54 PM
    I know this is a fan site and my maybe I commit blasphemy.

And the well known BlackBerry security?
    Just 3 words: 'dual app service.'
    An app that cannot being deleted or deactivated and sends data to someone somewhere.
    Fortunately there is now a way to disable the dual app service:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ethod-1168996/

Regarding device security, I believe BB android is still the most secure from a physical access point of view. And when compared to Samsung or Huawei, it has far FAR less stuff phoning home or to 3rd parties (even with dual services factored in).

Cheers
    08-22-19 07:27 PM
    Fortunately there is now a way to disable the dual app service:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ethod-1168996/

Regarding device security, I believe BB android is still the most secure from a physical access point of view. And when compared to Samsung or Huawei, it has far FAR less stuff phoning home or to 3rd parties (even with dual services factored in).

Cheers
    But it still does! Correct? Most secure of the bunch - yes, but it needs to be qualified! As you have.

Posted with my Passport
    08-22-19 10:32 PM
    I don't think that neither the price is premium neither the device is buggy.
    I am using it for more than a year and the only problems I have faced is :
    - the swipe up of the keyboard needs some times more than one attempt to select the word on the top of the keyboard.
    - the space bar sometimes needs more pressure in order to perform the action.

Although those should not happen I think that they cannot characterize the device buggy in general.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-23-19 04:11 AM
    As you say "all mobile devices have bugs" ... but in the case of BBMo, I have sent them detailed bugs on mine after every customer satisfaction inquiries, meaning three times. It's now seven firmware upgrades and all bugs are still there ! ! !
    Except applications, I suspect firmware upgrades are only based on android evolutions but not bugs correction. Regarding prices on theses mobiles, it's unacceptable.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    08-23-19 05:11 AM
    Irrespective of personal opinions as to the bugginess of the KEY2, I am still confused as to how a phone which cost about half that of the Apple and Samsung flagships can be considered to be a "premium price." At what price point does a phone become "premium priced?" Anything over $500? Anything over $150? Anything I spend on a phone?
    Simon6333 likes this.
    08-23-19 08:59 AM
    - the space bar sometimes needs more pressure in order to perform the action.
    I'll stop you right there.

There is nothing, nothing more infuriating than NOT having all buttons work each and every single time you press them, especially on a $649 device.
    It completely screws up the typing flow.

The capacitive keyboard issues, sure they're annoying too, but at least you can disable the functionality and use the phone as a beefed up LE while you figure out if you want to keep it or whatever.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-23-19 09:30 AM
    But it still does! Correct? Most secure of the bunch - yes, but it needs to be qualified! As you have.

Posted with my Passport
    If you use the ADB method for disabling system apps, then it is possible to completely stop connections back to Blackberry.

The only system connections my phone makes are to time reference servers.
    08-23-19 09:37 AM
    It is a sign of the level of frustration with this Iconic devise! We are all enthusiasts! That is why we are here! But we are not blind Fanboys, on the contrary, we care too much for the brand that when members purposely mislead and shill for the product, regardless of the facts and without empathy for fellow members then that is what drives our frustrations with the K2 to the brink! I would not and could not recommend this devise to anyone, as much as I would like to. I am BlackBerry Proud, but not a sheep! Let's hope the K3, if produced addresses these many issues in a way that we can once again carry the BlackBerry Banner high with Confidence, Integrity and Pride! Or not.

Posted with my Passport
    Last edited by Crusader03; 08-23-19 at 04:14 PM.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-23-19 01:34 PM
    I would not and could not recommend this devise to anyone, as much as I would like to.
    Based mostly on the amount of intermittently failing spacebar threads/posts, I always hesitate to recommend it whenever someone here or on reddit asks if he/she should get one.

The first thought that comes to my mind is to recommend an LE.

To me, the LE is the device that proved that TCL is capable of delivering solid hardware quality at launch, across all variants and colors consistently.
    08-23-19 01:42 PM
    Sadly, it is the only devise to recommend without loosing face! But in the end, no capacitive function, a technology that started in 2014 with the Passport and worked flawlessly, is just a cheap work around.

Posted with my Passport
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-23-19 01:45 PM
    But in the end, no capacitive function, a technology that started in 2014 with the Passport and worked flawlessly, is just a cheap work around.
    Don't worry, the function will be enabled via a software update as a replacement for Pie
    SeeBeeEss and anon(10387168) like this.
    08-23-19 02:00 PM
    As much as I believe that TCL does not manufacture "premium" quality products, I also remember well the many, many user complaints found here concerning issues with Z30 and Passport (both of which I owned and encountered no serious issues with), Priv, Z10 and other devices not manufactured by the budget-minded Chinese company that also gives us those high quality, "premium" RCA TV's and stereo systems.

That being said, I wanted to return to a pkb device, TCL manufactured product was all that was available and I think I received fair value for the mid-range market price I paid for the KEY2.
    08-23-19 02:28 PM
    I appreciate your interest in my personality!

At least I have the decency to admit that I love PKB (even though I now know that VKB is just as good, if not better in some aspects) and upset by the fact that the K2, a device I literally waited for years before it materialized, disappointed me so much by no less than it's staple feature. Yes, it's still painful even after I moved on and largely the reason why I am still here.

You are not wrong in your assessment.
    Are you absolutely sure that 8th time's NOT a charm?

Where's the hope that Amazon US has newly built units!?

Lol
    08-23-19 03:27 PM
    Are you absolutely sure that 8th time's NOT a charm?

Where's the hope that Amazon US has newly built units!?

Lol
    If the capacitive keypad will be fixed you can be sure I will reconsider.

Who said newly built units is the answer to this issue? If that's the case I will happily snag one if and when it becomes available.
    Last edited by RK_BB; 08-23-19 at 03:49 PM.
    08-23-19 03:29 PM
    If the capacitive keypad will be fixed you can be sure I will reconsider.

Who said newly built units is the answer to this issue? If that's the case I will happily sang one if and when it becomes available.
    I'm gonna have to do some extensive testing on my Red one.

But it's all moot anyway if the new units can't be found
    08-23-19 03:47 PM
    Stay on topic and knock off the trolling and name-calling. It's Friday afternoon...go do something fun instead of bickering on a forum
    08-23-19 04:20 PM
    I'm gonna have to do some extensive testing on my Red one.

But it's all moot anyway if the new units can't be found
    Though I have to admit, anything less than Android 10 after you have tried it is going to be difficult to go back to, let alone Always On, excellent speakers and more....still, a fully functional capacitive keypad is certainly going to tempt me.
    08-23-19 04:32 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD