A properly built and equipped K3 would go a long way in restoring some of our faith in the Brand. And may even bring back some of our brothers who have jumped ship. Time will tell, but time is also running out!

Posted with my Passport
    john_v likes this.
    08-23-19 04:56 PM
    Though I have to admit, anything less than Android 10 after you have tried it is going to be difficult to go back to, let alone Always On, excellent speakers and more....still, a fully functional capacitive keypad is certainly going to tempt me.
    If even 10% of former BB users were as forgiving as you are...
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-23-19 05:31 PM
    No issues for me. Not a single one.

Almost all complaints are due to unfamiliarity with either Android or the device itself.
    Yup same here I have never had one single issue with this phone..it's a flawless device and the best phone on the market...f apple and Samsung
    08-23-19 07:28 PM
    If even 10% of former BB users were as forgiving as you are...
    Can you imagine the sales level?

That's if you keep buying another one and selling previous on eBay though...
    08-23-19 09:02 PM
    If you use the ADB method for disabling system apps, then it is possible to completely stop connections back to Blackberry.

The only system connections my phone makes are to time reference servers.
    I'm curious, what is the ADB method? Haven't heard of it before, always looking to learn something new!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-24-19 05:18 AM
    I'll stop you right there.

There is nothing, nothing more infuriating than NOT having all buttons work each and every single time you press them, especially on a $649 device.
    It completely screws up the typing flow.

The capacitive keyboard issues, sure they're annoying too, but at least you can disable the functionality and use the phone as a beefed up LE while you figure out if you want to keep it or whatever.
    I definitely agree with you , it should work perfectly as designed !
    However , at least for me , the space bar works well 95 % of the time , although very annoying still do the job .
    08-24-19 05:19 AM
    I'm curious, what is the ADB method? Haven't heard of it before, always looking to learn something new!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    XDA Method of disabling apps using ADB
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ethod-1168996/

Cheers
    08-24-19 07:15 AM

The rest have the problems mentioned by @joergbrandt. Not all at once, but still on a larger scale. All described experiences show that it seems to be a matter of luck if you have a trouble-free device.
    The bugs exist, but some users just don't use the buggy features and count themselves in the bugfree side, while actually it does have the bugs..
    08-24-19 08:31 AM
    The bugs exist, but some users just don't use the buggy features and count themselves in the bugfree side, while actually it does have the bugs..
    I can assure you that I use Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, email syncing, my spacebar, and double-tapping.
    08-24-19 08:39 AM
    I can assure you that I use Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, email syncing, my spacebar, and double-tapping.
    I actually never use the cursor mode on my KEY2 (or KEYone for that matter) simply because it almost always requires a second or even third double tap to activate.

It's currently far from the practicality of the Classic's trackpad which is ready to go every single time.
    08-24-19 11:18 PM
    I actually never use the cursor mode on my KEY2 (or KEYone for that matter) simply because it almost always requires a second or even third double tap to activate.
    You can count yourself on bugfree side
    CrackNutRun likes this.
    08-25-19 05:57 AM
    Premium Price? This phone is hundreds off dollars less than I Phones my kids got recently. This phone is a workhorse and a great value for the price.
    bh7171 and Sigewif like this.
    08-25-19 10:40 AM
    Premium Price? This phone is hundreds off dollars less than I Phones my kids got recently. This phone is a workhorse and a great value for the price.
    Pick up a brand new Pixel 3 for $550.00 and compare it to the K2 sans the PKB.

It doesn't have a chance.
    08-25-19 12:27 PM
    Pick up a brand new Pixel 3 for $550.00 and compare it to the K2 sans the PKB.

It doesn't have a chance.
    That's like saying pick up a Honda Accord and compare it to a Ford F-150 pickup sans the box.
    08-25-19 02:56 PM
    That's like saying pick up a Honda Accord and compare it to a Ford F-150 pickup sans the box.
    That's funny and true. As an owner of an S9 and BE KeyOne there is simply no comparison to a slab all touch let alone a Pixel 3 with its own known issues and meager battery life and a Key 2 or Key One for that matter. Sure you can swipe and such for less than a full day (if you like that) or you can set up keyboard shortcuts and blaze through your needs for 2 days. Certainly for various people's needs one over the other may be preferable but there really is no comparison between the two physical devices and their capabilities and use cases. If you own newer slabs and or Key devices this makes more sense. Even to those that switch away from one preference to another. I had swapped my SIM to my S9 a few weeks ago and man did I miss the front finger print sensor, keyboard shortcuts for the apps I utilize and 2 day battery life. On my S9 I like One UI over the Blackberry Launcher with its one button "dark mode" and swipe up for apps. Camera's are actually pretty comparable except for low light where my Samsung prevails. I also like how clean the screen stays on my KeyOne vs. My S9. Dedicated slab users isn't the consistent fingerprint filled screen a drag? Last item for me my Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne feels so good to use sans a case. My S9 is one giant, slippery fingerprint magnet without my Spigen Rugged case.
    08-25-19 05:19 PM
    Damn. You can be funny!
    08-25-19 07:08 PM
    Didn't know they came in boxes!

Posted with my Passport
    08-25-19 07:36 PM
    way less issues on my KEY2 than any other Blackberry device I have ever had.
    08-25-19 08:09 PM
    That's funny and true. As an owner of an S9 and BE KeyOne there is simply no comparison to a slab all touch let alone a Pixel 3 with its own known issues and meager battery life and a Key 2 or Key One for that matter. Sure you can swipe and such for less than a full day (if you like that) or you can set up keyboard shortcuts and blaze through your needs for 2 days. Certainly for various people's needs one over the other may be preferable but there really is no comparison between the two physical devices and their capabilities and use cases. If you own newer slabs and or Key devices this makes more sense. Even to those that switch away from one preference to another. I had swapped my SIM to my S9 a few weeks ago and man did I miss the front finger print sensor, keyboard shortcuts for the apps I utilize and 2 day battery life. On my S9 I like One UI over the Blackberry Launcher with its one button "dark mode" and swipe up for apps. Camera's are actually pretty comparable except for low light where my Samsung prevails. I also like how clean the screen stays on my KeyOne vs. My S9. Dedicated slab users isn't the consistent fingerprint filled screen a drag? Last item for me my Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne feels so good to use sans a case. My S9 is one giant, slippery fingerprint magnet without my Spigen Rugged case.
    I'd say the Pixel 3 has very acceptable battery life, mostly because of how far the software optimization has come, more so than the battery size which is 2915mAh when new.

I'm not sure how the KEY2 would fare against the Pixel 3 if you unplugged it at roughly the same mAh capacity as the Pixel 3.

Again, in a way you'd be comparing apples to oranges because AMOLED vs LCD etc...

I'm currently dual carrying my LE and said Pixel and they make a pretty much perfect combo.

If a KEY3 were to have a bigger OLED display and wireless charging and IP rating, then there would be no point in dragging along the slab and I wouldn't think of ever dual carrying again.

But knowing TCL, I have a feeling we'll get the same LCD from 2017...albeit without capacitive keys hopefully
    08-26-19 08:34 AM
    But knowing TCL, I have a feeling we'll get the same LCD from 2017...albeit without capacitive keys hopefully
    The fact there is still hope in and of itself is pretty amazing.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-26-19 10:30 AM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD