I would say PERSONALLY not one which means that the way you personally use the device produce no issues.
    "No issues for ME. Not a single one."

Good grief, let's get on with our lives.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    08-21-19 09:26 PM
    "No issues for ME. Not a single one."

Good grief, let's get on with our lives.
    Oh, I have! Thank God...Just having fun at my old playground.
    08-21-19 09:28 PM
    I'm going to pop some corn & watch the fireworks show! ;-)

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    your popcorn still there?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-21-19 11:51 PM
    I think it's the way your holding it?

Posted with my Passport
    Oh c'mon man....you still did not learn how to hold it in order to avoid the issue? Wth!!! Lol!!
    08-22-19 12:33 AM
    No issues for me. Not a single one.

Almost all complaints are due to unfamiliarity with either Android or the device itself.
    Same here.
    08-22-19 12:49 AM
    LOL. For all intents and purposes I already checked out...Pixel 3 it is, until something more reasonable will become available that is though I must say, this VKB is an animal!

That would not have happened should the K2 flawlessly functioned as intended.
    I am really surprised you would pick a Pixel 3 with all the various documented user issues with that slab. I just read Pixel 1 users may be eligible for some form of refund due to its known issues. The 2 xl has screen issues as well. If you look enough you can and will find issues a plenty with all. My dad bought and "unlocked" S9 from Samsung on release. That phone, for some reason has not updated past Feb 19 security update while carried branded, like mine are on July and August. Go figure. 😏 I did use a 3a back in early July for a couple weeks. It seemed pretty good, especially for value.
    RWIndiana likes this.
    08-22-19 12:53 AM
    I am really surprised you would pick a Pixel 3 with all the various documented user issues with that slab. I just read Pixel 1 users may be eligible for some form of refund due to its known issues. The 2 xl has screen issues as well. If you look enough you can and will find issues a plenty with all. My dad bought and "unlocked" S9 from Samsung on release. That phone, for some reason has not updated past Feb 19 security update while carried branded, like mine are on July and August. Go figure. I did use a 3a back in early July for a couple weeks. It seemed pretty good, especially for value.
    I got a smoking deal on it plus, if there are any issues, I have a feeling the device maker is likely to stand behind their product unlike some other ones I have come to know so I am not concerned. So far so good, hope it stays that way!

As for Samsung, I cannot stand their take on Android. What a mess....
    08-22-19 01:13 AM
    Let's get back to the OP and the problems he described. They don't just concern the keyboard.

In our forum (BlackBerryBase.net) and in various BBMe groups we already asked the users of a KEY2 about their experiences with the device. These were certainly not representative surveys, but the results are still interesting.

There are community members who are free of all problems with their KEY2. Unfortunately, these are in the minority. Only just under a third of all respondents.

The rest have the problems mentioned by @joergbrandt. Not all at once, but still on a larger scale. All described experiences show that it seems to be a matter of luck if you have a trouble-free device.

I believe the members on CB and in our forum are able to operate a smartphone. Many have been using an Android or iPhone device for a long time besides the Berrys.

I therefore find it arrogant and adventurous to claim that the problems are caused by unfamiliarity with the device or the OS.

It is a matter of luck. Nothing else. Just as it was a matter of luck that some KEYone owners from the first batch dropped the display or not.
    08-22-19 01:18 AM
    Who is the device maker? I remember once buying the Google Nexus 7 tablet, which was made by Asus. Two years later I encountered problems with it due to cheap dram modules sourced from Hynix. And there was simply no one to contact. So we had to discard both tablets. We all know Google is a search company and everything else is just a cover to hide their profits in order to keep their monopoly in search. Avoid Google.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-19 02:52 AM
    IMHO, the perfect phone doesn't exist.

Having spent months on another device's community forum site, as well as snooping around others, helped clarify for me that:
    1. All phones have issues.
    2. The grass is always greener somewhere else.
    3. Many issues are the result of user error related to a misunderstanding of how hardware and/or software works. Some appear to think it is all just magic.
    4. The device manufacturer is blamed for all issues irrespective of where the problem may actually lie (many Google/Android software glitches, for instance, are erroneously blamed on device manufacturers).
    5. People love to complain, whine and blame.

Now, I would never say that people aren't having legitimate hardware and/or software issues with their KEY2's or that TCL is Apple. I personally think that TCL was a letdown deal for BlackBerry fans (but maybe the only way to keep BlackBerry branded devices "in the game," as niche as that game was/is).

I had plenty of problems with my KEYone. Few to no serious issues with other BlackBerry devices, even though others may have had legitimate complaints with the same devices I experienced little to no serious issues with.

So far, I have had no issues with my KEY2. That being said, KEYone taught me to not get too smug or comfortable with my BlackBerry branded device (screen lift after almost a year, poor phone reception, as well as a myriad of other issues I no longer even remember).

When I left this site for all intents and purposes 8 months ago, it was obvious to me that many community members (and moderators) were losing perspective and a sense of humour. Returning to the site recently things appear to have gotten worse.

Yes, there may be a number of real issues some users are experiencing with the KEY2 (just like every other phone) and yes, the future of BlackBerry branded phones is uncertain (seems to have been that way for a long, long time). But, hey, it's only a phone and hopefully only a small part of your life! life is much too short! Lighten up, already, or do yourself a huge favour and move on to the perfect phone somewhere where the grass is always greener.

My 5 cents (we don't use pennies any longer in Canada and I have no choice but to move my musing up to the nickel).
    08-22-19 02:56 AM
    What's a premium price? $625? What's a new iPhone going for these days? $800-$1000? Samsung Galaxy S#? $800-$900? Remember the Galaxy model that would light on fire because the battery was too big for the
    compartment they put it in and they were all recalled? Remember when Apple got caught slowing down the processor of their older models so people would buy a new phone? Dude...those are some premium issues!
    Ok, if you say it isn't a premium price, you mean all the bugs are ok and you have to live with? becaus you cant mention quality for this price?
    The listed price for my dual sim Key2 was 699 Euro. I think this is premium...
    And how long you can recieve updates of Apples latest iOS? 4 up to 5 Years!
    How many major updates the Key1 recieved? One!
    How many major updates the Key2 will recieve? Looks like none.
    08-22-19 03:10 AM
    Let's get back to the OP and the problems he described. They don't just concern the keyboard.

In our forum (BlackBerryBase.net) and in various BBMe groups we already asked the users of a KEY2 about their experiences with the device. These were certainly not representative surveys, but the results are still interesting.

There are community members who are free of all problems with their KEY2. Unfortunately, these are in the minority. Only just under a third of all respondents.

The rest have the problems mentioned by @joergbrandt. Not all at once, but still on a larger scale. All described experiences show that it seems to be a matter of luck if you have a trouble-free device.

I believe the members on CB and in our forum are able to operate a smartphone. Many have been using an Android or iPhone device for a long time besides the Berrys.

I therefore find it arrogant and adventurous to claim that the problems are caused by unfamiliarity with the device or the OS.

It is a matter of luck. Nothing else. Just as it was a matter of luck that some KEYone owners from the first batch dropped the display or not.
    That exactly what i mean!
    A matter of luck if trouble-free and the issues are not made by the users.
    Thanks @Paulelmar18
    John Albert likes this.
    08-22-19 03:13 AM
    What's a premium price? $625? What's a new iPhone going for these days? $800-$1000? Samsung Galaxy S#? $800-$900? Remember the Galaxy model that would light on fire because the battery was too big for the compartment they put it in and they were all recalled? Remember when Apple got caught slowing down the processor of their older models so people would buy a new phone? Dude...those are some premium issues!
    Last edited by joergbrandt; 08-22-19 at 03:49 AM.
    08-22-19 03:23 AM
    I said that MOST issues are like this.

If you look at the questions being asked about devices in this forum, almost all of them are resolved with further instruction.
    08-22-19 04:05 AM
    Ok, if you say it isn't a premium price, you mean all the bugs are ok and you have to live with? becaus you cant mention quality for this price?
    The listed price for my dual sim Key2 was 699 Euro. I think this is premium...
    And how long you can recieve updates of Apples latest iOS? 4 up to 5 Years!
    How many major updates the Key1 recieved? One!
    How many major updates the Key2 will recieve? Looks like none.
    Yes, $600 versus $1000 is a big difference. I don't consider $600 a premium price in a world of handsets that go to a $1000+. As I pointed out, they all have issues. I'd rather pay $600 than $1000. The Motion was $450 when it first came out...better yet. I bought a new KEYone Black Edition late in its life cycle for $280. I thought that was a great deal.

Unless I hit the lottery, I just can't see myself paying $1000 for a new unlocked handset. I don't think any handset is worth that kind of money.

Do you own a BlackBerry? If so, why did you buy it? All the things you mention are known elements. In other words...if I buy a BlackBerry, I know I'm only getting two years of security updates and one major OS update. Stick with an iPhone or a Samsung if that's the way you feel about it. After two to three years, most people will get another phone anyway. Yet another reason to pay less when you buy one.
    SeeBeeEss and the3maples like this.
    08-22-19 05:51 AM
    Yes, $600 versus $1000 is a big difference. I don't consider $600 a premium price in a world of handsets that go to a $1000+. As I pointed out, they all have issues. I'd rather pay $600 than $1000. The Motion was $450 when it first came out...better yet. I bought a new KEYone Black Edition late in its life cycle for $280. I thought that was a great deal.

Unless I hit the lottery, I just can't see myself paying $1000 for a new unlocked handset. I don't think any handset is worth that kind of money.

Do you own a BlackBerry? If so, why did you buy it? All the things you mention are known elements. In other words...if I buy a BlackBerry, I know I'm only getting two years of security updates and one major OS update. Stick with an iPhone or a Samsung if that's the way you feel about it. After two to three years, most people will get another phone anyway. Yet another reason to pay less when you buy one.
    Bought my key2 to try something new. I believed to get a future-proof device. My fault, sorry.
    I'm gullible, that I believed the promises BlackBerry made.
    It is still not sure, that the Key2 will get even one major update.

But one of the major things I see here.
    There are a few people who are open minded.
    And die hard fanboys you can't discuss with.

"BlackBerry was the best, is still the best and ever will be."
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-22-19 06:02 AM
    Bought my key2 to try something new. I believed to get a future-proof device. My fault, sorry.

The only bug that would really have pissed me off if I had experienced it would be the KEYone screen fall off issue. Now that would have been the end for me. That's one reason why I bought a Black Edition...they had addressed the weak glue/tape before they came out with the Black Edition.
    08-22-19 06:19 AM

I've carried all the major various OS devices past and present. Knowing Android/iOS devices fairly well, I'm confused by your statement that Key2 was expected to be future proof. What promises did either BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile ever make stating that?

My primary dual carry hardware is the KEYone and the XR and since I'm self-employed, I choose the device as the employer.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-22-19 06:21 AM
    ...And die hard fanboys you can't discuss with.

I guess...first off...I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your BlackBerry handset. Second...fanboys...really?! This is CrackBerry.com...who did you think you would encounter in the hallowed halls of this place?

Most of the people who post here are buying BlackBerry handsets because we're diehards. We could have moved on years ago, but didn't because we like BlackBerry phones. It's no different than the guy who always buys a Ford pickup truck...he wouldn't have it any other way.

When I see that word posted in a negative manner in a CrackBerry thread I have to scratch my head and say, " Yup...that's me." But I also have to ask, "What's it to ya?"

Lots of handset brands and models out there to choose from. Get one you like. I do.
    SeeBeeEss, RWIndiana and Sigewif like this.
    08-22-19 06:49 AM
    So if people disagree with you and/or have a different experience with their device (as several have stated here) they are branded as close-minded fanboys? Seems both unfair and unnecessary. My life experience has shown me that those who resort to name calling to defend an argument tend to be the more close-minded.
    Last edited by conite; 08-22-19 at 07:00 AM.
    SeeBeeEss and jackcarr like this.
    08-22-19 06:49 AM
    At this point (year old designs) you can buy the KEY2 hardware package for $200.... https://www.smartprix.com/bytes/best...hones-can-buy/

If you value the PKB, Android Secure, Suite of Apps and the Brand enough to overlook the difference... it's not overpriced. Nor is it any better or worse quality wise, than your typical $400 - $450 phone from last year.

I will say that more people tend to come here to complain of issues... but that doesn't mean that statistically they represent everyone. In general the reviews on retail sites seem to be favorable... even over time.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-22-19 08:28 AM
    Lots of handset brands and models out there to choose from. Get one you like. I do.[/QUOTE]

I already said, I will.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-22-19 08:40 AM
    But I find it unfair too to say that those whose devices are defect or have bugs simply can't handle their device or the OS or are unfamiliar with it. Am I wrong?
    elfabio80 and kdegale like this.
    08-22-19 08:53 AM
    But I find it unfair too to say that those whose devices are defect or have bugs simply can't handle their device or the OS or are unfamiliar with it. Am I wrong?
    I said ALMOST all of the problems brought up here are a result of unfamiliarity with Android or the device.
    08-22-19 09:11 AM
    I have to go out of my way to try and reproduce it.
    How many ways could there possibly be to swipe a thumb up on a set of keys?!?
    08-22-19 09:15 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD