I know this is a fan site and my maybe I commit blasphemy.

But:
    When I scroll down the posts and see how many users have a lot of different issues with their Key2 - am I right?
    Wi-Fi issues
    Bluetooth issues
    Syncing problems
    Spacebar issues
    Double tap issues
    The damned autocorrect makes always a "his' when I'm typing " this"
    A support that does not deserves the name support
    The promised update to Pie, when and if stands in the stars.
    And than, of course, you have to take care when your device was built.
    "Before his date you might have this or that problem". Seriously???
    These all are no goes for a device called business device.
    And for what?
    For typing on a PKB?
    The same hardware without a PKB you can get to for a less of money (and waterproof)

And the well known BlackBerry security?
    Just 3 words: 'dual app service.'
    An app that cannot being deleted or deactivated and sends data to someone somewhere.

Don't misunderstand me, I like my Key2, but I check my device every day if everything works fine- for example If I really recieved ALL emails.
    Checking if my spacebar isn't wobbling yet. Ect...

I never ever had any of these problems while using iPhones.
    I had them - nearly - all, from the 3G in 2009 to the 8plus, wich I sold in February his Year.
    Sure, iPhones are overpriced too.
    But if you have any problems with them you have a support who takes your problems serious.
    And you can go to the next Genius Bar, and you really get help (or a new device).
    I thought it was a good idea to switch over to something special, but I wasn't.

My mobile carrier contracts ends next year in March and I don't think my next device will be another BlackBerry. No!

Now you all can shout: "Hang him higher"

By the way: Anyone interested in a Key2 dual sim qwertz layout.
    No known issues (hard to believe)?

Cheers!
    08-21-19 06:45 PM
    I'm going to pop some corn & watch the fireworks show! ;-)

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    elfabio80, BigAl_BB9900 and ck2nb like this.
    08-21-19 06:52 PM
    I know this is a fan site and my maybe I commit blasphemy.

But:
    When I scroll down the posts and see how many users have a lot of different issues with their Key2 - am I right?
    Wi-Fi issues
    Bluetooth issues
    Syncing problems
    Spacebar issues
    Double tap issues
    The damned autocorrect makes always a "his' when I'm typing " this"
    A support that does not deserves the name support
    The promised update to Pie, when and if stands in the stars.
    And than, of course, you have to take care when your device was built.
    "Before his date you might have this or that problem". Seriously???
    These all are no goes for a device called business device.
    And for what?
    For typing on a PKB?
    The same hardware without a PKB you can get to for a less of money (and waterproof)

And the well known BlackBerry security?
    Just 3 words: 'dual app service.'
    An app that cannot being deleted or deactivated and sends data to someone somewhere.

Don't misunderstand me, I like my Key2, but I check my device every day if everything works fine- for example If I really recieved ALL emails.
    Checking if my spacebar isn't wobbling yet. Ect...

I never ever had any of these problems while using iPhones.
    I had them - nearly - all, from the 3G in 2009 to the 8plus, wich I sold in February his Year.
    Sure, iPhones are overpriced too.
    But if you have any problems with them you have a support who takes your problems serious.
    And you can go to the next Genius Bar, and you really get help (or a new device).
    I thought it was a good idea to switch over to something special, but I wasn't.

My mobile carrier contracts ends next year in March and I don't think my next device will be another BlackBerry. No!

Now you all can shout: "Hang him higher"

Cheers!
    No issues for me. Not a single one.

Almost all complaints are due to unfamiliarity with either Android or the device itself.
    08-21-19 06:53 PM

Almost all complaints are due to unfamiliarity with either Android or the device itself.
    I don't agree your opinion.
    This means: all the guys who have syncing problems, or double tap problems are to silly to use their phone right?

The Key2 might be not as bad I made it.
    But it's far away from being as good all the BlackBerry fans are making it.
    08-21-19 07:04 PM
    I don't agree your opinion.
    This means: all the guys who have syncing problems, or double tap problems are to silly to use their phone right?

The Key2 might be not as bad I made it.
    But it's far away from being as good all the BlackBerry fans are making it.
    I wouldn't say silly - just misinformed or not up to speed.
    08-21-19 07:05 PM
    I wouldn't say silly - just misinformed ot not up to speed.
    A premium device should be able to use with intuition right and not only if studied androidtism or the complete users guide, I think.
    John Albert likes this.
    08-21-19 07:09 PM
    A premium device should be able to use with intuition right and not only if studied androidtism or the complete users guide, I think.
    Ok. So magic it is then.
    i_plod_an_dr_void and ck2nb like this.
    08-21-19 07:11 PM

Not all! There is a Mega thread that explains it in infinite detail.

Posted with my Passport
    John Albert and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-21-19 07:15 PM
    Not all! There is a Mega thread that explains it in infinite detail.

Posted with my Passport
    Yes, yes, we all know about the capacitive-touch issues that affect some people's specific use-cases.

But if you refer to my post again, you will see that I said "no issues for ME" , and "ALMOST all complaints are..." .
    08-21-19 07:17 PM
    Yes @joerbrandt there are a number of known, well documented, and BlackBerry Mobile acknowledged issues with the KEY2 unfortunately. Scroll through the KEY2 sub-forum as there are a few threads that discuss them in great detail.

Bob
    08-21-19 07:31 PM
    What's a premium price? $625? What's a new iPhone going for these days? $800-$1000? Samsung Galaxy S#? $800-$900? Remember the Galaxy model that would light on fire because the battery was too big for the compartment they put it in and they were all recalled? Remember when Apple got caught slowing down the processor of their older models so people would buy a new phone? Dude...those are some premium issues!
    08-21-19 07:35 PM
    Yes, I did read your post and once again you are minimizing the issue that TCL/BBMo offered 2 update attempted fixes for and that BlackBerry offered another 4 attempted update fixes. So your statement of specific units is misleading as there are many, many units affected and a full fix still not realized. You must have gotten the Grail Unit!

The updates and work arounds have made the units usable but not BlackBerry perfect. This is a fact and not opinion!

Posted with my Passport
    08-21-19 07:37 PM
    I almost didn't get a K2 because of the complaints I read here. I've had one a month and so far so good. No issues.
    Jonneh, Trouveur and TCM01 like this.
    08-21-19 07:52 PM
    I almost didn't get a K2 because of the complaints I read here. I've had one a month and so far so good. No issues.
    And this is by far the more typical experience.
    08-21-19 08:21 PM
    @joergbrandt here is a list of 23 official complaints about various capacitive keypad issue on top of another 7 that I personally tested, this makes for a total of 30 documented cases, amongst them are by the editor in chief of this site.

For some strange reason there is a member on this thread that confirmed they experience the same issue every now and again themselves though they insist their device is flawless which is beyond me, and probably others as well.

Other than this issue and some reports on spacebar assembly the device indeed functions as desired.

Bottom line, don't let anyone tell you that the K2 is free of bugs because it ain't, I can physically prove it and offered to pay any individual that insist otherwise.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    08-21-19 08:40 PM

For some strange reason there is a member on this thread that confirmed they experience the same issue every now and again themselves though they insist their device is flawless which is beyond me, and probably others as well.
    If I use my device in a way that I normally don't, then yes, I can recreate the missed swipe-ups. BUT it doesn't come up in my daily life, nor do ANY of the other issues you complain about.

But seriously, let's not start yet another capacitive-touch thread. Please have mercy!

But for the second time, you will see in my original post that I said "no issues for ME" , and "ALMOST all complaints are..." .
    08-21-19 08:49 PM
    If I use my device in a way that I normally don't, then yes, I can recreate the missed swipe-ups. BUT it doesn't come up in my daily life, nor do ANY of the other issues you complain about.

But seriously, let's not start yet another capacitive-touch thread. Please have mercy!

But for the second time, you will see in my original post that I said "no issues for ME" , and "ALMOST all complaints are..." .
    I'm confused. You stated in post #4 that you had no issues, not one. Now you're saying that you experience what we experience as a problem. Welcome to the club that nobody wants to be a member. And yes, no more Capacitive touch threads, I still have nightmares and I live it daily! Lol

Posted with my Passport
    Bob80220 and John Albert like this.
    08-21-19 09:09 PM
    Please have mercy!
    LOL. For all intents and purposes I already checked out...Pixel 3 it is, until something more reasonable will become available that is though I must say, this VKB is an animal!

That would not have happened should the K2 flawlessly functioned as intended.
    08-21-19 09:14 PM
    I'm confused. You stated in post #4 that you had no issues, not one.
    Correct. Not one.

As I said, I don't use my device in such a way that I experience the swipe-up misses that you folks complain about. I have to go out of my way to try and reproduce it.
    08-21-19 09:17 PM
    LOL. For all intents and purposes I already checked out...Pixel 3 it is, until something more reasonable will become available that is though I must say, this VKB is an animal!

That would not have happened should the K2 flawlessly functioned as intended.
    I'm glad you're doing well with the Pixel 3. It's unfortunate your complaints with the KEY2 were due to your being unfamiliar with Android and the KEY2... 🤣

Bob
    john_v and kdegale like this.
    08-21-19 09:19 PM
    Correct. Not one.
    I would say PERSONALLY not one which means that the way you personally use the device produce no issues.

The K2 has a none resolved capacitive keypad bug.
    08-21-19 09:20 PM
    I think it's the way your holding it?

Posted with my Passport
    elfabio80 and John Albert like this.
    08-21-19 09:22 PM
    I'm glad you're doing well with the Pixel 3. It's unfortunate your complaints with the KEY2 was due to your being unfamiliar with Android and the KEY2...

Bob
    Such as life sometimes. I am glad the market allowed me to recover the money BlackBerry Mobile took from me with no faith or will to make things right, at least as much as they did with their K1 product.
    08-21-19 09:22 PM
    I think it's the way your holding it?

Posted with my Passport
    Well then show me how to hold it god damn it! Oh wait, I moved on already...
    08-21-19 09:23 PM
    Hahaha! Yes you did. You're a Slabster now! Lol

Posted with my Passport
    08-21-19 09:26 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD