Love the design and looks of the Key2.

However, I am getting really poor signal strength compared to my KeyOne. This results in calls being dropped whilst driving, which never happened before.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Dan
    07-10-18 07:56 AM
    I've seen other people complain about this also.
    07-10-18 08:48 AM
    I hope this is an anomaly. The big complaint with the KeyOne is the poor signal strength.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-10-18 09:12 AM
    At the same time many have reported improved reception over their KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Who's to know.
    07-10-18 09:25 AM
    I've actually seen more threads where people are saying signal strength has been improved. Weird.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-10-18 09:42 AM
    KEY2 has far better signal quality than my KEYone. Really glad they improved it in this important department.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-10-18 05:02 PM
    KEY2 has far better signal quality than my KEYone. Really glad they improved it in this important department.
    Same here
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-10-18 05:05 PM
    At the same time many have reported improved reception over their KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Who's to know.
    THANK YOU! I really thought I was starting to imagine things but I've noticed that I do seem to have a tad better reception in areas where I was lacking before.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-10-18 05:25 PM
    key2 has way better reception, I sold my keyone because of dropped calls and overall reception
    key2 call quality is excellent in my opinion
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-10-18 05:50 PM

However, I am getting really poor signal strength compared to my KeyOne. This results in calls being dropped whilst driving, which never happened before.

Dan
    Out of curiosity, did you buy the correct variant of Key2 for your geographic area?
    jfalkingham likes this.
    07-10-18 07:21 PM
    Ordered my Pixel 2 today! I am done with the BS from TCL/BB Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 08:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    07-10-18 08:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, great. Now how about that user name?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 08:34 PM
    Yeah, great. Now how about that user name?

Posted via CB10
    I guess I will just close out my CB account now. You people are delusional continuing to jump through hoops to keep a functional phone from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 08:37 PM
    My wife and a colleague both have Keyones. I am on a Key2. I have had consistently better reception both in the city and Driving through rural areas. Same for WiFi.
    Mike-Mike and Malduin6 like this.
    07-10-18 08:42 PM
    ....my only gripe is the battery. both Keyones outlast my key2. with comparable usage I am at 30% and they are between 60 and 70% most days.
    07-10-18 08:44 PM
    Yes, bought from the Carphone Warehouse in the UK for use on the UK O2 network. It is probably one of the earliest versions as I got it on the day of release.
    07-10-18 08:53 PM
    I have actually ordered another Key2 and will be sending this one back. I am hoping that the issue is a one off hardware fault with my current handset.

Failing that, I may have to make the difficult decision to move on...
    07-10-18 09:03 PM

Dan
    Change it for another one whilst you still can
    07-10-18 09:11 PM
    Same problem with OP here! Already mentioned it in another thread...
    Not only calls drop when on the move, in my house where reception is marginal (1 or 2 bars), our family iPhone 7 and Samsung J7 have no problems making calls, whereas my unit shows out of service...
    I just installed a signal amplifier at home but I only saw little improvement.

Apart from this, when I place calls and speak using the headphones, I hear the other part's voice with a nerve breaking static (metallic) noise...

I just sent an email to Selfridges and I am waiting for their response. Definitely this is a defective unit and has to be exchanged.

I can certainly accept the 'loud' space bar or any other minor issues, but not having a device I can rely on in communicating with others, is something I cannot accept... Sorry guys...
    07-11-18 05:26 AM
    Same problem with OP here! Already mentioned it in another thread...
    Not only calls drop when on the move, in my house where reception is marginal (1 or 2 bars), our family iPhone 7 and Samsung J7 have no problems making calls, whereas my unit shows out of service...
    I just installed a signal amplifier at home but I only saw little improvement.

Apart from this, when I place calls and speak using the headphones, I hear the other part's voice with a nerve breaking static (metallic) noise...

I just sent an email to Selfridges and I am waiting for their response. Definitely this is a defective unit and has to be exchanged.

I can certainly accept the 'loud' space bar or any other minor issues, but not having a device I can rely on in communicating with others, is something I cannot accept... Sorry guys...
    Can you please post your issue along with you unit's build date here?

/blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/
    07-11-18 07:14 AM
    Can you please post your issue along with you unit's build date here?

/blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/
    It's already there.. check post #21 out.
    07-11-18 07:17 AM
    Key2 have good cell signal reception better than my keyone
    07-11-18 07:19 AM
    It's already there.. check post #21 out.
    My bad, I thought I saw your name there lol
    07-11-18 07:35 AM
    OK I have to correct my statement. I'm experiencing heavy problems when I'm on GSM only. I can't make calls nor can I receive any. Although I have almost full bars. That's strange and should be investigated by Blackberry please.
    07-11-18 08:45 AM
38 12