I have been going crazy over the different feels/clickiness of the PKB on my Key2 over the last 3 days or so. I could live with the space bar having different feel on the click, but then I started having my D, F,E,R,T,G, H buttons doing different clicks. I have tried to return the product to Walmart, but they wont take it back coz I am on my 3rd week using it, and they have 2 weeks return policy. Note to self "Avoid Walmart stick to Amazon"

I called up Blackberry Mobile Tech support to understand what can be done about this faulty Keyboard. I have the Tech Support on record saying that on his Key2 he also feels the keys are having different feels/clicks and the "clickiness" are not at all uniform. He said that they cannot do anything about it, because from the back office, it is told that these Keys are made that way and "There is no issue with the PKB".

This is outrageous ! BB/TCL knows this issue exists but unwilling to admit this is a PKB manufacturing fault and take back the product, get it fixed. The tech support told me he received other complaints as well about the PKB, all he can do is send feedback to the team. He told me that I can return the phone but the tech team will return it back saying Keyboard is "Fine", there is nothing wrong with it !! What bull****. Spending $900 bucks on a phone for PKB and this **** keys respond to pressing in different ways.

I have the conversation with BB tech support on record. I am just wondering what can be done at this point. TCL just cant throw everyone under the bus this way. Reminds me of the Key1 screen issue, when they were adamant initially to admit this was a manufacturing fault.
    Qorax and chetmanley like this.
    08-11-18 08:44 PM
    my space bar actually failed after a month of use, I have never dropped the phone or anything. finger print scanner works

but it won't register any space when I'm typing unless I mash it really hard lol.

I got a new phone coming from them but 'm going to sell it and wait for my note 9 pre order.

pretty much done with blackberry and their over priced phones, been a blackberry user since 9700 , bought every phone since then.

Not sure if it's bad luck of what , but I had to rma passport, priv, KEYone and keytwo now.
    xubabi and pdr733 like this.
    08-11-18 08:51 PM
    I'm sorry for your situation.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-11-18 08:51 PM
    I had the terrible SD card bug with the K1...right now the K2 has been flawless for me. However I gotta admit, unless K3 catches up with the latest cpu and camera, and give us back a normal space key (as gimmicky as having an embedded fingerprint sensor in the space key, it's really hurting the overall typing experience due the the uneven clicking... move the fingerprint to the back maybe?) this is probably gonna be my final Blackberry purchase...
    jope28 likes this.
    08-11-18 09:01 PM
    I feel you man. I also pre-ordered Priv, Keyone and now Keytwo and this time totally feeling burned out, enough is enough. Looks are we are all bunch of lab rats being used for R&D by TCL.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-11-18 09:03 PM
    Good thing the rumoured Pixel3XL is ugly as sin...otherwise I would have jumped onboard team-pixel as soon as I got the chance
    08-11-18 09:05 PM
    All the more reason to wait for the Key3... although now that I think of it, it'll probably have issues of its own too.
    pooyam likes this.
    08-11-18 09:41 PM
    I got a new phone coming from them but 'm going to sell it and wait for my note 9 pre order.

pretty much done with blackberry and their over priced phones, been a blackberry user since 9700 , bought every phone since then.

Not sure if it's bad luck of what , but I had to rma passport, priv, KEYone and keytwo now.
    It's not bad luck, you just made the assumption that TCL phones were going to be built like Blackberry phones. They have nothing in common -- nothing.
    08-11-18 09:56 PM
    Gee could this be the reason BlackBerry has zero marketshare?

Time to wake up and move on.
    08-11-18 10:09 PM
    And even with all the above, the majority of people have zero issues.
    08-11-18 10:33 PM
    In China, you cannot get a replacement even there are issues if KEY2 is SIM activated, that's how TCL manages KEY2 in its home country.
    08-11-18 10:55 PM
    My KEYone spacebar is definitely a lot more solid than the Key2's spacebar.
    08-12-18 12:01 AM
    All the more reason to wait for the Key3... although now that I think of it, it'll probably have issues of its own too.
    Exactly!!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 12:42 AM
    It's not bad luck, you just made the assumption that TCL phones were going to be built like Blackberry phones. They have nothing in common -- nothing.
    And you think BB ltd's devices were perfect and had no issues at all?

Q10 double typing
    Passport screen lift and SOS emergency bug

I'm sure there are some others, this is just off the top of my head.

If man makes it, it won't be perfect
    08-12-18 02:34 AM
    Yes, but when companies produce faulty products they own up, get the issue fixed, or refund for the return. TCL is not even willing to admit that the PKB is having issues !!
    08-12-18 07:10 AM
    Yes, but when companies produce faulty products they own up, get the issue fixed, or refund for the return. TCL is not even willing to admit that the PKB is having issues !!
    By PKB you mean the spacebar right?
    08-12-18 08:36 AM
    No not the spacebar only. Since last few days the D F E R T G H keys started to click differnetly. These keys after you press, makes a delayed click. Feels something is not right underneath those keys. But the other keys are working well. BB Tech rep told me, in his Key2 he also feels same thing happening, but as per BB its 'supposed' to feel this way.

The BS they are saying about the spacebar being made the way it is, doesnt make sense. All keys on the Keyone feels same, including the spacebar !
    08-12-18 01:01 PM
    All keys on the Keyone feels same, including the spacebar !
    I just don't agree with that. I had several KEYones, the spacebar does feel and sound different than the other keys, but the difference isn't as noticeable as on the KEY2
    herr_tan and Frank Costanza like this.
    08-12-18 01:39 PM
    I just don't agree with that. I had several KEYones, the spacebar does feel and sound different than the other keys, but the difference isn't as noticeable as on the KEY2
    I agree with you , had both KEYone silver and Black and space bar sounds different than the other keys , but this doesn't bother me at all !
    On a PC keyboard is same !
    08-13-18 03:22 PM
    You're unlucky but that is not to say all devices have the same issue. I don't think this is some sort of conspiracy. Loads of us don't have the issues that you do. My keyboard is just fine, my spacebar is just fine too. It clicks a little louder than the rest of the keys but it's solid and let's me know I've typed correctly. There isn't a phone in existence that doesn't have the odd device with some problems.
    08-13-18 03:34 PM
    I had the terrible SD card bug with the K1...right now the K2 has been flawless for me. However I gotta admit, unless K3 catches up with the latest cpu and camera, and give us back a normal space key (as gimmicky as having an embedded fingerprint sensor in the space key, it's really hurting the overall typing experience due the the uneven clicking... move the fingerprint to the back maybe?) this is probably gonna be my final Blackberry purchase...
    God no. If they move the fingerprint scanner to the back, I won't buy the KEY3. Under the space bar is way more convenient. If they wanna move it, they should move it under the screen like on the Vivo Nex for example.
    08-13-18 04:12 PM
    God no. If they move the fingerprint scanner to the back, I won't buy the KEY3. Under the space bar is way more convenient. If they wanna move it, they should move it under the screen like on the Vivo Nex for example.
    Agreed, I think a fingerprint sensor on the back would be extremely annoying. With it on the front we don't need to pick the phone up to unlock the screen.
    Smokeaire and deiop like this.
    08-13-18 04:30 PM
    Absolutely. Space bar + fingerprint scanner = major win and ultimate convenience.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    08-13-18 04:33 PM
    Keys that function properly but sound somewhat different aren't automatically a defect that is being covered up by BBMO. Not ideal, but if you are inclined to escalate the issue, perhaps a glass slab would be a better choice? I have a KEYone, a Q10 and now a P'9983 that I use as my daily driver, along with a couple 9900's that see service now and then just for fun. All of them have sound differences within each keyboard to some degree, depending on the angle and pressure and speed each key is pressed. Not a deal breaker for me, but I respect your right to get all worked up. Good luck, and don't rule out a slab for its simplicity and consistent sound, except for that lack of accuracy thing if that matters to you. Genuine key presses and whatever degree of "clickocity" that accompanies them, is what gives BlackBerries a satisfying substance. Dare I even say a soul that other devices lack. Best of luck to you.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-18 10:21 PM
    Keys that function properly but sound somewhat different aren't automatically a defect that is being covered up by BBMO. Not ideal, but if you are inclined to escalate the issue, perhaps a glass slab would be a better choice? I have a KEYone, a Q10 and now a P'9983 that I use as my daily driver, along with a couple 9900's that see service now and then just for fun. All of them have sound differences within each keyboard to some degree, depending on the angle and pressure and speed each key is pressed. Not a deal breaker for me, but I respect your right to get all worked up. Good luck, and don't rule out a slab for its simplicity and consistent sound, except for that lack of accuracy thing if that matters to you. Genuine key presses and whatever degree of "clickocity" that accompanies them, is what gives BlackBerries a satisfying substance. Dare I even say a soul that other devices lack. Best of luck to you.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Any given PKB will have at least a few keys that may sound/feel just a tad different from those next to it. But I get the OCD of wanting that "perfect" unit.
    08-14-18 02:13 AM
102 123 ...