Hi all

Tried several different chargers but all of a sudden my key2 is not charging.

Once plugged in, it holds the charge at 24% but does not increase.

Tried restarting / hard reboot but no change in behavior.

And suggestions?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails key2 not charging-89237.jpg  
    03-21-21 03:16 AM
    you need fast charged, the OEM or other like aukey
    03-21-21 09:57 AM
    it happened to me. AUKEY Quick Charge 3.0 Cargador USB, Cargador de Red 18W [Qualcomm Certificado] Cargador Móvil para iPhone 11 Pro Max/XS/XR, iPad Pro/ Air, Samsung Galaxy S9/ S8/ Note 8, LG, HTC y más https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01A0QO98W/...UvbUpU13576374
    03-21-21 10:00 AM
    mine only charges to 100% if I Restart the device prior. I have tried in vain to identify any consumption out of ordinary. I live with it...
    03-21-21 12:43 PM
    it happened to me. AUKEY Quick Charge 3.0 Cargador USB, Cargador de Red 18W [Qualcomm Certificado] Cargador Móvil para iPhone 11 Pro Max/XS/XR, iPad Pro/ Air, Samsung Galaxy S9/ S8/ Note 8, LG, HTC y más https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01A0QO98W/...UvbUpU13576419
    Thank you so much,

I will try this.

I tried the charger that came with my Samsung A20s and even that doesn't seem to charge the telephone, although I think it is a fast charger?
    03-21-21 04:41 PM
    mine only charges to 100% if I Restart the device prior. I have tried in vain to identify any consumption out of ordinary. I live with it...
    You are so lucky!

I tried restart/hard reboot/rest and mine doesn't want to go past 24%

I don't even think there is a support number for UK
    03-21-21 04:42 PM
    Thank you so much,

I will try this.

I tried the charger that came with my Samsung A20s and even that doesn't seem to charge the telephone, although I think it is a fast charger?
    I have a S20 FE with it charger and it doesn't work. You need a quick charger 3.0.
    03-21-21 05:06 PM
    nope, mine QI charges on an old 5w stand
    03-22-21 04:07 PM
    nope, mine QI charges on an old 5w stand
    Sorry I don't understand, what is QI
    03-23-21 07:18 PM
    key one?
    03-24-21 10:22 AM
    Sorry I don't understand, what is QI
    It's a wireless charging type....

Most any USB charger should charge it to some level.... how long does your 24% charge last? Maybe the level indicator is just off?

anyway try some other cables and chargers, then try a factor reset, then try opening it up and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, then try a new battery.
    03-24-21 10:49 AM
    you need fast charged, the OEM or other like aukey
    My KEY2 was ignoring my fast charger. I got it to recognize it (and start successfully fast charging) by accessing the factory auto testing menu (open Phone app, dial *#2886# Should open up ATHENA MINI TEST menu. Push "MANU" bottom at bottom right. Scroll down the diagnostics menu to "USB/CHARGER" See USB, CHARGING, and Current status (OK, NOK) and (actual) Current (if any) in Ma. To exit, press PASS or FAIL at bottom of screen, scroll to bottom of Diagnostics Menu, select EXIT. No reboots required.

I had NOK x3 and 0 Ma of Current with fast charger connected. Disconnected and reconnected USB-A and then it recognized it (OK x 3 and ~2,880 Ma). Note: Once battery charge rises above a certain level (50%?) the current starts progressively dropping off (by design?) BUT the Current status will then change to NOK (Not OK?).

Optional: Get more codes to access things they hid from us here: "mobilespecs.net/phone/codes/BlackBerry/BlackBerry_KEY2" Not recommended: Make changes that will cause DTEK to FAIL or brick the phone.

Disclaimer: Please don't assume that I know what I'm talking about here. And if I have provided proof that I don't, I would be sincerely grateful if you all would chime and protect the public.
    05-31-21 11:13 AM
    My KEY2 was ignoring my fast charger. I got it to recognize it (and start successfully fast charging) by accessing the factory auto testing menu (open Phone app, dial *#2886# Should open up ATHENA MINI TEST menu. Push "MANU" bottom at bottom right. Scroll down the diagnostics menu to "USB/CHARGER" See USB, CHARGING, and Current status (OK, NOK) and (actual) Current (if any) in Ma. To exit, press PASS or FAIL at bottom of screen, scroll to bottom of Diagnostics Menu, select EXIT. No reboots required.

I had NOK x3 and 0 Ma of Current with fast charger connected. Disconnected and reconnected USB-A and then it recognized it (OK x 3 and ~2,880 Ma). Note: Once battery charge rises above a certain level (50%?) the current starts progressively dropping off (by design?) BUT the Current status will then change to NOK (Not OK?).

Optional: Get more codes to access things they hid from us here: "mobilespecs.net/phone/codes/BlackBerry/BlackBerry_KEY2" Not recommended: Make changes that will cause DTEK to FAIL or brick the phone.

Disclaimer: Please don't assume that I know what I'm talking about here. And if I have provided proof that I don't, I would be sincerely grateful if you all would chime and protect the public.
    USB-C Charging, and other issues....
    "It's 2021 and USB-C is still a mess: USB-C is billed as the one-stop solution for all our future cable needs, but feature compatibility is a major problem."
    https://www.androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-c-870996/
    https://www.androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-c-870996/
    05-31-21 11:58 AM